IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finally got started on the Witcher 3 expansions, pretty good, but holy cow I'm so tired of hearing those same tunes over and over. I guess I played the vanilla game for too long.

Turn the music off. I did that real early - I prefer it. The only music you hear is the music played by npcs in the cities and taverns.

Guest bitroast

got the switch.

it is .. expensive. not just the console and game, but the pro controller is a bit of a must if playing at home. have had no issues with wifi, or controllers dropping out. granted mostly using the pro controller, or if in handheld mode the joycons are directly connected and haven't had any issues. can't speak much for joycons wireless.

anyway. zelda is amazing. it's definitely a zelda game (the zelda-ness is feeling a lot more apparent now that i'm a couple hours in) but it's a really solid 10/10 zelda game that has learnt a lot from series own mistakes and successes + lots of other games influence in there too. the sense of exploration holds up and is constantly pretty much what you'd want/expect it to be. it's goood.

Edited by bitroast

Guest bitroast

main criticism is that while the game is hard, you can also pause the game at any point and eat some food in your inventory to heal up. i've gotten a bit used to the dark souls style needing to heal 'in-game' and being punished for bad timing. so while ye this game is challenging and it's possible to walk into an area i'm not prepared for.. i can get hit by a goblins club and fly across the air, pause while mid-air and heal right back to full health. kind of takes the edge off.

maybe the $30 dlc Hard Mode will address this ...

Edited by bitroast

Guest bitroast

wow okay sorry to hit a nerve mentioning a video game i'm currently playing + all the nintendo talk during the week a new nintendo console was launched. perhaps you'd like me to kiss your sore asshole better cos apperantly all this videogame talk (in a video game thread) is doing a real number on you.

i am so.. legitimately .. (like seriously, my bad) super sorry !!!

Edited by bitroast

Just wait till Animal Crossing comes out. WATMM will be set ablaze by the fires of paying off housing debts

someone make up WATMM wallpaper and clothing for Animal Crossing on Switch, and we'll start our own little cult community that worships a statue of Richard.  :rhubear3:

The majority of ambermonk's posts in this thread is him commenting on people talking about the wrong vidjas. Good contributions.

I'm replaying Dragon Age in anticipation for the new Mass Effect (sorry eugene). h y p e!

If we ever get an entire page in this thread that has nothing to do with Nintendo products, I'm gonna pop open a bottle of champagne.

yeah guys, stop talking about the most interesting development in vidjo games at the moment, jeez !! why all this talk about a BRAND NEW console ??

I'm fully erect for the new mass effect as well, even though my well developed intuition tells me it's going to be a huge disappointment. yuge.

got the switch.

it is .. expensive. not just the console and game, but the pro controller is a bit of a must if playing at home. have had no issues with wifi, or controllers dropping out. granted mostly using the pro controller, or if in handheld mode the joycons are directly connected and haven't had any issues. can't speak much for joycons wireless.

anyway. zelda is amazing. it's definitely a zelda game (the zelda-ness is feeling a lot more apparent now that i'm a couple hours in) but it's a really solid 10/10 zelda game that has learnt a lot from series own mistakes and successes + lots of other games influence in there too. the sense of exploration holds up and is constantly pretty much what you'd want/expect it to be. it's goood.

All of the classic costumes for Link are available in game as rare loot drops with the Zelda 30th Anniversary Amiibo line, but as with obtaining classic Dragon Quest costumes in those games, you're talking about random luck over a long period of time to put together full sets.  It is cool to see Link's cap is animated.  I wonder if the lobster shirt is in there, lol

Purchased The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne yesterday.  Was already past Vicar Amelia on NG+ so I just had to pick up loot in the dream, and head to Cathedral Ward to be taken to my new nightmare.  This is more challenging than where I was currently in the game.  So many hunters, but loving the new weapons and gear I've found so far.  I know I'm near a boss room because there's a bell to ring for help, near the lamp.  Found the whirlygig saw and now I'm lost.  Need to smoke and relax a bit, but I'm really enjoying the dlc.

One of my favourite bosses ever is in that DLC... wait until you get to him - even the area you fight him in is epic...

Really hope they do a Bloodborne 2, but I kinda want From to do a new IP...

forgot i had ordered zelda switch separately when i cancelled my switch preorder. so i'm sitting here with a copy of the collector's edition of botw and no switch. finishing twilight princess hd on wii u...

LOL. Sell on eBay?

Just wait till Animal Crossing comes out. WATMM will be set ablaze by the fires of paying off housing debts

someone make up WATMM wallpaper and clothing for Animal Crossing on Switch, and we'll start our own little cult community that worships a statue of Richard.  :rhubear3:

I am sure there is a QR code for an Aphex logo shirt in AC: New Leaf out there somewhere...

We picked up BotW for Wii U, along with the overpriced Amiibo (fuck the Guardian Amiibo @ 20USD though), but haven't played it yet - trying to finish Horizon: Zero Dawn - this game is HUGE.

Also, went back to Strider (PS4) after ages - gonna try to beat the game on Hard and get the final trophies.

I'm fully erect for the new mass effect as well, even though my well developed intuition tells me it's going to be a huge disappointment. yuge.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling it... I bet it'll be fine but ME2 is the tent pole they should be looking at.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling it... I bet it'll be fine but ME2 is the tent pole they should be looking at.

Oh, the puns in these posts...

I've been playing breath of the wild like crazy. I can't recommend it enough. On the Wii U no less. The game is definitely about gameplay, so the wii u version is good enough for those on the fence about wanting to get a switch just for this game.

The graphics are more aesthetically pleasing than 'look good' so getting a switch for it when it's available on the wii u .... probably? isn't worth it.

The Switch so far doesn't look worth getting yet. But the console itself definitely has potential since it has more appeal to third party developers. It looks like a completed Wii U, and the Wii U looks like the beta version of the Switch.

Of what I've seen of it, BotW does look good. I especially like how the game leaves you alone to figure out almost everything. Will definitey get a Switch...just not yet. Might get one for Xmas or my birthday.

The map looks huge too. Makes me wonder if I'll suffer the same fatigue I felt when playing Far Cry 3 or Just Cause 3: so much to do, but do I really care? I'm sure I will.

i will probably grip botw wiiu once i finish twilight princess. wonder what he resale would be on my collector's since i opened it and ripped the ost... -_- (i'll probably just keep it)

really not interested in picking up a switch yet with all the shit i've heard about bad wifi/controller issues. maybe come holiday they'll have released upgraded controllers or whatever that solve some of the issues. zelda was the only killer app but according to most of the tech comparisons it's basically comparable to the wiiu version. the frame rate was the only thing that concerned me and supposedly it's solid and they both drop from 30->20fps but in different areas. 

Guest bitroast

hopefully anyone that is having those problems is able to easily get a refund or get a replacement. my vita screen fucked out and was able to get a replacement from sony past the original purchase warranty. (all it took was me filming the glitch and popping it on youtube and emailing them with the URL + text and they were happy to send a replacement). 

Apparently to Nintendo, dead pixels are 'normal' and do not warrant a refund.

Not to mention, the Switch has a plastic screen - a 300.00 tablet with a plastic screen? FFS, Nintendo - just because you used to make toys, doesn't mean your console products still need to resemble them.

People are complaining how the Switch screen may get scratched when docking it.

Guest bitroast

yeah agreed alot of that stuff sucks. 

playstation and xbox generally have had issues at launch as well with red lights of death and playstations overheating. i'm just hoping nintendo have the capacity to actually acknowledge and deal with the issues as opposed to the 'dead pixels are normal behavior' bullshit.

i read that some docks are screwed too tightly which is causing some to press up against the switch and scratch the screen. like for me personally, i've been baffled at how you can scratch the screen putting the thing in the dock. because you slide it in and it should ( theoretically ) go in vertically and not touch the plastic. or if the switch does touch the plastic, it's because the switch is at an angle and maybe the bottom edge of the system will touch the plastic ? like, the dock has a fair amount of leanway to it. it's not like the switch snuggly sits in or anything. you slide it in with a few mm's on either side and the switch sits on the charging dock at the bottom. but yeah, if people have dodgy docks that are for whatever reason too tight or at a wrong angle and are scratching the screens then ye obviously that is an issue. 

Edited by bitroast

yeah i've been watching those switch videos and some of them are pretty funny. one thing everyone agrees on is that the battery life is terrible. weird because that's exactly what gameboy succeeded where all others failed: sega nomad, atari lynx, sega game gear. 

also addressing the screen getting scratched from docking: supposedly you can't even use the screen protector that nintendo sells because then the system doesn't dock. why not give that protector for free? and 1 kickstand to stand the system when not docked? 

man nintendo is really fucking up. still can't find a nintendo mini nes classic. still no run mario run for android.

i guess the message from nintendo is simple: save your money