IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Started up Horizon: Zero Dawn tonight... This game is beautiful! I'm not too far in, but so far the combat is pretty damn satisfying and the story is definitely intriguing. Definitely looking forward to diving deeper in.

Guest bitroast

Switch seems like an awesome console for people who are really into old indies. 

i like to imagine this is in part due to the switch having that small window (smaller than other consoles?) between the dev kit being given to devs - the system launching. 

i for one am totally into the idea of the switch being an indie machine btw. it's kind of what the Vita became. + the whole, it also being a home console. stardew valley for example is a game i'd like to play but i was a bit torn if it's something i should play on this (PS4), or that (computer), or if i should just wait for a vita release and have the opportunity to play it anywhere. it coming out on switch totally just solves all those questions. 

+ unlike Vita .. this system is also a home console which means it will (theoretically) be having games coming out for it in the years coming. 

Edited by bitroast

would you care about and post videos of any of these games if they were on steam?

Picked up twisted metal & little big planet (ps3) for $2 each yesterday, they also had heavy rain and a burnout game, worth grabbing?

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain, mainly because it was so different to every other game coming out at the time. If it's Burnout Paradise, throw your money at them. That game is legendary.

Started up Horizon: Zero Dawn tonight... This game is beautiful! I'm not too far in, but so far the combat is pretty damn satisfying and the story is definitely intriguing. Definitely looking forward to diving deeper in.

Likewise... that lens flare tho from the sun! so pretty (BOC)

Picked up twisted metal & little big planet (ps3) for $2 each yesterday, they also had heavy rain and a burnout game, worth grabbing?

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain, mainly because it was so different to every other game coming out at the time. If it's Burnout Paradise, throw your money at them. That game is legendary.

Yeah, Heavy Rain was great and Burnout Paradise is just about the best racing game ever. Packed with content too.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U leaked all over the internet ahead of release... it has been spoiled 100%, so avoid any YouTube/Twitch streams of it if you want to avoid spoilers.

One fun thing - the overworld map for the game has been extracted and is a massive 145MB 24000x20000 pixel image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10FFq_m6AqzcjZkZXhRY0Nob1k/view

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U leaked all over the internet ahead of release... it has been spoiled 100%, so avoid any YouTube/Twitch streams of it if you want to avoid spoilers.

One fun thing - the overworld map for the game has been extracted and is a massive 145MB 24000x20000 pixel image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10FFq_m6AqzcjZkZXhRY0Nob1k/view

is this the last wiiu game?

might finally be time to hack my wiiu. i imagine they've abandoned all system updates and what not at this point. not like i ever played online anyways. then if i could get the old wii homebrew channel running inside it w/my wii games i could probably just get rid of my wii (or give it to mam)

is this the last wiiu game?

might finally be time to hack my wiiu. i imagine they've abandoned all system updates and what not at this point. not like i ever played online anyways. then if i could get the old wii homebrew channel running inside it w/my wii games i could probably just get rid of my wii (or give it to mam)

From what I hear, now's the time to sell a Wii U and instead just use the Wii U emulator on PC - anyone with a decent gaming PC can run it, and there's 4K texture packs for games, etc.

That is, if you don't mind piracy or own legit copies of the game you are running on it *ahem*

OK, NOW I feel a pang of regret for cancelling my Switch preorder - Blaster Master Zero (which is a remake of one of my favourite games of all time, Blaster Master), looks really fucking good:

Exclusively for the Switch and 3DS, and I sure as hell am not going to play it on the 3DS. Hopefully that exclusivity is limited, and it will head to PS4 by year's end.

It's interesting how well the indy titles are courting the Switch; I wonder out of all the games in that video, how many are Switch exclusives?

They should remake more games like this. I'd like to see tons of NES and SNES games just remade to be brought up to standards with today's "8 bit" indie games and such. It would extend their lives.

As for the Switch, I'ma just wait a while to see what else comes out. I want LegEnd of Zorldo but it's also coming out on the wii u which I have (a rarity!) :nacmat:

Edited by Brisbot

OK, NOW I feel a pang of regret for cancelling my Switch preorder - Blaster Master Zero (which is a remake of one of my favourite games of all time, Blaster Master), looks really fucking good:

Exclusively for the Switch and 3DS, and I sure as hell am not going to play it on the 3DS. Hopefully that exclusivity is limited, and it will head to PS4 by year's end.

It's interesting how well the indy titles are courting the Switch; I wonder out of all the games in that video, how many are Switch exclusives?

They should remake more games like this. I'd like to see tons of NES and SNES games just remade to be brought up to standards with today's "8 bit" indie games and such. It would extend their lives.

As for the Switch, I'ma just wait a while to see what else comes out. I want LegEnd of Zorldo but it's also coming out on the wii u which I have (a rarity!) :nacmat:

Yeah, 100% agree on good remakes - I'd love to see some Mega Drive games be given this kind of treatment!

As for Zelda - keep in mind the Wii U version is technically inferior to the Switch version (720p vs 900p), so unless that matters to you, you may want to wait and get the Switch version for the best experience.

If the Wii U version of Zelda goes on sale before the end of the year (by then we should have a good idea of the Switch's success/failure), I might pick it up just so I can play it sooner. Dunno, hard call.

Yeah, 100% agree on good remakes - I'd love to see some Mega Drive games be given this kind of treatment!

As for Zelda - keep in mind the Wii U version is technically inferior to the Switch version (720p vs 900p), so unless that matters to you, you may want to wait and get the Switch version for the best experience.

If the Wii U version of Zelda goes on sale before the end of the year (by then we should have a good idea of the Switch's success/failure), I might pick it up just so I can play it sooner. Dunno, hard call.

Well, at the moment The Switch doesn't seem worth it. 720p vs 900p is negligible since to me it's an extra couple hundred for the upgrade.The Switch will likely seem like a better buy a year down the road, and by then Zelda won't be a new game anymore. Then I can get Blaster Master Zero. For whatever reason for 99.9% of games I never have an urge to get it when it comes out. Just to play it eventually.

I say just get the Wii U version since you're not planning on getting the Switch for a while or even at all. When you look back on how good a game is, you don't think about how good it looked (maybe the aesthetics), so much as how fun the gameplay was. Same thing with movies, how often do you look back and think "Man seeing that movie in 3D was great!" over "The plot was amazing!". Do you even remember if you've seen some movies in 3D? At least that's my experience. I remember the characters and the plot over if I saw a movie in 3D or not.

Of  course there are some movies that must be seen in 3D... maybe not the best analogy.

Yeahhh that's just my thought process anyhow.

WOT'S A NINTENDO?

Anyway...brand new trailer for Nightdive Studios' SShock reboot

This comes with the announcement that they've officially made Unreal Engine 4 their game engine. Also, turns out several project members formerly worked for Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas.

WOT'S A NINTENDO?

Anyway...brand new trailer for Nightdive Studios' SShock reboot

This comes with the announcement that they've officially made Unreal Engine 4 their game engine. Also, turns out several project members formerly worked for Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas.

HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS WAS A THING