IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

These commercials just get stupider, I guess jacking off virtual cocks is a major component of this console?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1r369yv2Uk

Fuck's sake, seriously what on earth are Ninty doing, are they trying to get their share prices to plummet for a bet - Trading Places style ?

Isn't this just your typical stupid game console commercial? I mean, Nintendo wants to get the word out to all the moms and pops out there.

Final Fantasy XII HD will release on July 11, 2017

Another FF game remade that nobody cares about

Splatoon 2 confirmed to have voice chat, welcome to 2005.

These commercials just get stupider, I guess jacking off virtual cocks is a major component of this console?

LOL @ 1:25... she's gonna "Switch" her boyfriend if he keeps ignoring DAT ASS

Switch online service rumored to run somewhere around $20-25 a year. They do seem to be marketing to two vastly different audiences, Millennial more hardcore or traditional players, and the moms and pops with kids consumers. What's more casual than a game that doesn't require you to look at the screen?

It does seem like it could be a brilliant success; merge your successful handheld market with a depressed home console, target both the nostalgic Nintendo fans and younger kids who live for mobile, and regain some of that lost Wii audience.

If they have the online together, and can supplement a smaller launch lineup with a good eShop / Virtual Console selection, and keep that going thru the holidays, it could be a good year for Nintendo fans. I would personally like them to launch with Wii Sports Club and Mother 3, that's about as far between casual and hardcore as you can get, and would give a wide array of experiences to tide players over as the flagship titles release in 2017 and beyond.

lol that fucking switch ad. Dear god. But, that reality their presenting looks pretty happy. I may want to live there for a few years. :/

LOL @ 1:25... she's gonna "Switch" her boyfriend if he keeps ignoring DAT ASS

:cisfor:

That guy ignoring skeletal ass is ignoring the chick, she naturally cheats on him, he's going to avenge himself and gets humiliated physically because he was too much into games. Chick tells him he's a faggot, he goes into the heavy rain playing Switch, slips and breaks Switch. He comes home to watch the Switch ad to comfort himself that he is an aspiring star, sees dat ass, bursts into tears. Then he recognizes that he doesn't know this girl in fact. Parallel timelines distort the universe and it collapses.

Guest bitroast

Fuck's sake, seriously what on earth are Ninty doing, are they trying to get their share prices to plummet for a bet - Trading Places style ?

Isn't this just your typical stupid game console commercial? I mean, Nintendo wants to get the word out to all the moms and pops out there.

pretty much. 

+ the jerking off game is clearly deliberately awkward to appeal to adults as a goofy / laughing because it's awkward party game. 

as to whether or not 1-2-Switch will actually be fun or successful is a completely other matter entirely, but im sure nintendo are 100% full aware how awkward the jerking looks. 

Edited by bitroast

Resident Evil 7 was a 10/10 for me. It was a blast. It may be my favorite one, up there with 1 and 4.

Well.. the first 2/3rds is a 10/10, The last third is like.. an 8.5/10. 

My question to you...I don't have a VR yet..I wanna get it for this game.  Thus, I won't read/watch any reviews, or see gameplay beyond what they showed in 2016's E3.  Would you suggest playing RE7 with VR or is TV just good enough?

Oh, I just played it on my pc. I also have an oculus rift, and VR won't be available for it for another year.... because sony bought the rights I guess. It sucks, but that's ok, since it was super enjoyable without VR, and I'll be able to get even more play time out of it when VR becomes available.

Btw, play it on normal first. Then play it on madhouse. The modes are pretty different. It's more than just a difficulty increase. There are story elements changed around.

I'm only about a third thru madhouse. It's taking a good bit longer. It's like the difficulty went from normal to very hard. I'm also playing it from nothing vs bringing over my stuff from a previous playthrough. Cuz that's how I roll. I'm constantly planning my routes to the next objective thru the house, and trying to be as efficient as possible. There's some of that in normal, but it's more frantic on Madhouse.

Sounds good...I'll purchase to this weekend and give it a shot and play it in normal then Madhouse.  Thanks for all the info. :)

Resident Evil 7 was a 10/10 for me. It was a blast. It may be my favorite one, up there with 1 and 4.

Well.. the first 2/3rds is a 10/10, The last third is like.. an 8.5/10. 

My question to you...I don't have a VR yet..I wanna get it for this game.  Thus, I won't read/watch any reviews, or see gameplay beyond what they showed in 2016's E3.  Would you suggest playing RE7 with VR or is TV just good enough?

I just got PS VR yesterday and I love it. It's a huge difference from just playing it on TV and I would definitely recommend it. It would be wise to at least try VR before you buy it for a good 15 minutes just to see how you react to it. I haven't gotten sick at all but some people are pretty sensitive to it apparently. I haven't had a game scare the shit out of me like this, ever. The only downside to VR is it's slightly blurry and has a bit of a screen door effect but once you start playing you really won't notice. I played the beginning hour demo on my tv just for comparison and now I'm playing it in VR and I would never go back. With the headphones on you really do get lost inside the game. Another thing you'll appreciate waaaaay more in VR is the level design. Now you'll be able to actually move your head and peer into a microwave to inspect the dead crow that was stuffed inside it, And when you hear footsteps coming from the floor above you as dust falls from the ceiling it really makes you feel like you're almost really there. 

I'm still trying to beat the demo but I managed to secure a copy of RE7 today. Can't speak for the game itself yet but if the demo is of any indication how good it actually is this is going to be insane. I was a bit skeptical of VR at first but not any longer, if this isn't a legit game changer then I have no idea what actually could be.

Yeah its been a huge debate with me in if I should get VR for RE7 and thinking of there will be other games that'll be just as good in the future to justify its price.  The notion that people are freaking out with it on just TV kind of makes me excited to think that VR is going to be that much better.  Which is why i'm juggling my decision before the purchase.  I have hopes for VR given its no Virtual Boy (with respects to Virtual Boy).

That Kotaku story about Gamestop's shady "Circle of Life" shenanigans going viral may finally bite them in the ass. From several people I know who have worked there, they regularly fuck over their customers, i.e. us the gamers. But straight up lying that they don't have new copies of games, while used copies are marked up higher is just nuts. And regularly pulling shit like opening new games, and mixing them up with used copies is just another reason to go digital. That place is a pawn shop, and I'm glad I don't shop there, lol

Here's the follow up article, with varying testimonials:

http://kotaku.com/we-are-all-scared-for-our-jobs-gamestop-employees-talk-1791963185

Holy shit that Switch video full of 20somethings seems like a joke ad, seriously like SNL spoofing the console....there's a shot of a guy literally taking a shit while playing.

That said, maybe it's just dumb enough it'll work.

Also, I'd love to see the outtakes from shooting those commercials. Some Japanese director shouting via an interpreter at a bunch of Hollywood wannabe actors to smile more! laugh more! ethnic guy, you go 'whoop!' no now do it more ethnic! yes it is motion like jerk off do it more now and laugh much!

Edited by auxien

Payday 2 again. Why I, a peaceful soul, enjoy a violent game where the main enemies are cops is beyond me. And I'm so good at killing them too. :psyduck:

Also I appear to be one of two players who isn't using hacks to get 110% accuracy on levels.

Edited by Bechuga

Current games:

Steep (free expansion coming in a few days including Alaska)

Diablo 3 ptr on pc (can't wait for seasons to start soon on console version)

Bloodborne (just downed Vicar Amelia)

Rocket League (game was free seems like years ago and I never played much until recently I'm addicted)

Planning/hoping price of a used WiiU drop when switch comes out so I can get one cheap