IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Anyone give Dying Light a go?

I really love this game.  If you enjoy the OG game, definitely get the Following DLC.   As someone already said, this game gets 10000x better when playing with someone else, you can probably match make if you don't have any buds, but if you're on Xbox1 I'll play with you.

Still grinding way at battles on War Robots for mobile. Didn't think I'd ever get back into multiplayer until I picked up this game. So many gundam/mechwarrior/battle armors to choose from, as well as upgrades and weapon builds. It's a slow but rewarding process. Faster for players who are well-stocked on Gold though I'm sure.

Pretty much why I've set aside PC gaming altogether, at least for now.

Leftover $$ balances on 3DS and Wii U can be used on Switch eShop. No Virtual Console at launch ???

Fast RMX and Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove Collection now launch titles, Binding of Isaac delayed til March 17.

Anyone give Dying Light a go?

Very enjoyable, but much better with a co-op buddy.  A lo of crafting, and weapons degrade pretty rapidly.  Get the Enhanced Edition w/ the DLC.

I don't have any co-op buddies sadly. Crafting and constantly rebuilding weapons is so tedious for me, it drives me mad on Fallout so I may give this a swerve. Shame, as it looks cool. 

i wouldnt mind playing this with someone. i played it for about an hour but, like most games recently, didnt last long.

There are enough tentpole titles for me until the end of the year to justify it,

Zelda

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Splatoon 2

Mario Odyssey

Fire Emblem Warriors

plus like you said, whatever unannounced 1st party releases, digital titles and indies, which by the way will get a Direct type feature on Feb. 28

There are enough tentpole titles for me until the end of the year to justify it,

Zelda

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Splatoon 2

Mario Odyssey

Fire Emblem Warriors

plus like you said, whatever unannounced 1st party releases, digital titles and indies, which by the way will get a Direct type feature on Feb. 28

Yeah, but barring Zelda, NONE of those will be out anytime soon. Sure, there will probably be indie titles throughout the year, but those will probably be on PS4 (Binding of Issac: Afterbirth+ for example, Shovel Knight expansions as well), so no incentive there (for me).

Speaking of which, eShop will only have three titles at launch, two of which will be the aforementioned Shovel Knight expansions. Pfft.

MK8 comes out 4/28 that's only 56 days after release, that's pretty soon to me. eShop also launches with:

I Am Setsuna

Fast RMX

World of Goo

Little Inferno

Human Resource Machine

Snipperclips

It's a decent start IMO but opinions are like assholes.

MK8 comes out 4/28 that's only 56 days after release, that's pretty soon to me. eShop also launches with:

I Am Setsuna

Fast RMX

World of Goo

Little Inferno

Human Resource Machine

It's a decent start IMO but opinions are like assholes.

MK8 is a rehash of a Wii U game I already own... so no dice for me. I probably wouldn't have re-bought it either, even if it was a launch title.

The indie focused live stream will be here:

http://live.nintendo.com

Maybe something unannounced will surface?

Unless they get some exclusives (which by nature indies tend not to do, since they need to make as much cash as possible to keep making games), there's little incentive (so far) to get a Switch on launch.

Sorry to sound like such a broken record, but I just came to this realization and (to me) it makes perfect sense to wait.

I've had a PS4 since xmas and I'm having a hard time getting into it. I subscribed to PS+ and PSNow, but I usually browse things, play for 5 mins and just keep browsing. Counterspy is one of the few games I played more of. Are there some true gems I should look into? My tastes lie within metroidvania (Axiom Verge I adored) and The Binding of Isaac type of rogue-like gameplay.

Guest bitroast

it does seem like the switch is being thrown out into the market without being fully ready to be a god purchase for a customer?? i guess you could make comparisions to other consoles/handhelds and say they had similar launch title issues?? but that to me just suggests to sit back and wait a year before diving in. especially if you have a wii u and can already buy zelda and get extra bang out of your wii u buck.

i'm tempted to get one purely so i can play the new zelda + have the console for the future. but it's not like the systems going anywhere if i don't get it during its first year with only couple of games to check out.

god = good

Yeah, your concern is exactly the reason I held off getting the Wii U in the previous generation .... and well, that really didn't turn out too good for Ninty! If they held off a bit and had a mario, zelda, mario kart and [heaven forbid] a metroid on launch day - think things would be very different !

If this becomes yet another hardware flop for them, I wonder if they'll bother making any more (non-gameboy-branch) hardware ?

Bloodborne- wet nurse & ebrietas down.  All that is left is Gehrman.  Trying to finish a depth three chalice dungeon, currently on layer three.  I ended the game with only 2 cords, but I may have used a cord early in the game to gain insight.  I can't remember.  So I may or may not trigger the Moon Presence boss.  I really enjoyed being immersed in this game.

Either way I'm looking forward to NG+ and doing some stuff differently that I fucked up the first time around.  Like doing the Eileen quests correctly, and Henryk.  And now that I finished the Bloodborne story, I am looking forward to starting The Last Of Us soon.

Also, a free expansion came out for Steep today, Alaska.  It's beautiful, especially at night with the Northern Lights in the sky.

It sounds like Fast RMX will be one I download from the Switch eShop as soon as I get it. They seem to have put a lot of work into improving the graphics, expand the content, and controller options, as well as being the first 3rd party game to use HD Rumble:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/feature_fast_rmx_-_the_price_modes_and_performance_of_switchs_futuristic_racer

I've had a PS4 since xmas and I'm having a hard time getting into it. I subscribed to PS+ and PSNow, but I usually browse things, play for 5 mins and just keep browsing. Counterspy is one of the few games I played more of. Are there some true gems I should look into? My tastes lie within metroidvania (Axiom Verge I adored) and The Binding of Isaac type of rogue-like gameplay.

Song of the Deep is really good for a metroidvania experience, and Rogue Legacy, Shovel Knight, and Enter the Gungeon for some of the console's best rougelikes.

Some personal favourites on PS4:

Resogun

Dead Nation

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate

Nuclear Throne

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 3

Horizon: Zero Dawn comes out next week - so hyped to play this; looks amazing.

Also just found out the Switch doesn't support Bluetooth, and the headphone jack is on the tablet's bottom part, so you can't use headphones while docked.

I mean, seriously Nintendo - how much does a BT module cost?

but you can feel the ice cubes

3 ice cubes

It sounds like Fast RMX will be one I download from the Switch eShop as soon as I get it. They seem to have put a lot of work into improving the graphics, expand the content, and controller options, as well as being the first 3rd party game to use HD Rumble:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/feature_fast_rmx_-_the_price_modes_and_performance_of_switchs_futuristic_racer

really hope they fixed the awful rubberbanding ai in that game. game is hella difficult on the novice level

3 ice cubes

really hope they fixed the awful rubberbanding ai in that game. game is hella difficult on the novice level

Meh, the Wipeout HD remakes will shit on this from a very great height

Guest bitroast

3 ice cubes

bloody 1-2 switch should be a pack in game for the switch. 

counting ice cubes in a controller doesn't sound fun so much as it seems interesting in a tech-demo kind of way of saying 'hey look, you can actually count the icecubes in a controller via the rumble. now imagine how cool actual games are going to be once devs start making and pumping out games starting probably 2018 because the console has been rushed to market early because wii u was a failure and didn't deserve to be on the market any longer than it needed to be'. paying full price game price for 1-2 switch seems pretty fucked up.