IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finally beat Zelda. Honestly it may be my favorite Zelda. One of the harder ones too. At least where the 3D ones are concerned.

So if you have a WII U/ Switch pick it up.

...?

seriously?

that seems really fast. what was your play time?

Guest bitroast

i can't imagine anyone having a switch but not zelda.

wii u on the other hand. yeah, pick this up,

Finally beat Zelda. Honestly it may be my favorite Zelda. One of the harder ones too. At least where the 3D ones are concerned.

So if you have a WII U/ Switch pick it up.

Did you just take a week off work or is it a lot smaller than I thought?

BoxBoy 3 releasing March 23 on 3DS, sweet.  A Switch physical collection would be welcome, and a great way to introduce Switch owners to the franchise.

It sounds like some Megaman collections might be coming to Switch from Capcom.

whoa! that ultra street fighter 2 looks amazing except i agree the first player mode looks hilariously silly. lol. doing the hadoken by literally doing the hadoken? how do you do blanca's roll? or dhalsim's fireball?

The original character designer came back to do the HD renderings so that's why they look so great.

With the successful launch of Switch and Zelda behind them, it looks like Nintendo is set to heavily hype the release of Mario Kart 8 DX. It was by far the highest selling game on Wii U, with 7.5 million copies sold, on a console that sold 13.5 million units. If Switch is a runaway hit (comparatively) they could introduce this game to an entirely new audience that was previously unaware of it, or skipped it.

Been playing The Last of Us' online mode recently. Didn't like it at first but I'm proper into it now. Absolutely loving the stealth and survival gameplay elements, Naughty Dog adapted it really well to the mp environment imo

Also grabbed Tearaway Unfolded free with PS Plus this month, haven't got around to that yet but I'm sure I'll have a gander at some point this weekend.

Guest bitroast

there's also a theory going around that if you put the legend of zelda cartridge in your mouth and film it you'll make lots and lots of views on youtube. 

seems fishy to me i dunno. 

also finished SOMA, which is basically perfect imo. I haven't played a game this engaging in a long time, I highly, highly recommend it. great storyline, great world, great atmosphere, dark as fuck. there are moments in this game that really catch you off guard and make you ponder. and that ending. so good.

well played, Frictional. I've been a fan of these guys since Penumbra and I hope they keep producing even better games.

edit: one qualifier, since it's a Frictional game you can only really run and hide from enemies. so the gameplay can wear you down after a while and you may need breaks (if not because of the fear/stress factor). but that's Frictional.

Edited by usagi

Watched my brother while he was playing BOTW on the Wii U and it looks so amazing ! He did not want to spoil anything story-related to me so kept himself to a restricted numbers of area - it was more than enough to feel the potential this game has tho ! Makes me want to buy a Switch (don't have/want TV in my flat so the handheld side of the Switch is the best thing to me !).

Also been playing FTL again those days, had to stop playing it few years ago because I always felt crushed by the final boss and guess what ? I did not win this time either lol

If you want something free right now that's super fun, look into downloading 'Brutal Doom' for the PC. It's a super good mod of the original doom. Really brings it up to date in the way it feels. Makes it feel like an indie game made today. You can get the 'starter pack' here http://www.moddb.com...th-starter-pack

It's only a few hundred MBs. I really recommend to try it out if you like super fast paced fps. IT's really easy to set up. You can have it set up and going in 10 minutes.

If you finish the campaign in that starter pack, which is pretty long and real fun you can download the original 'campaigns' called '.wad's of doom 1, doom 2, etc. There's also a lot of custom campaigns I'm going to get around to playing someday. I jammed on Brutal Doom for like 2 months and didn't play much else over last summer. I need to get going again at some point.

beat Mass Effect 2. reminded me what I enjoyed about this series. good shiz. lost 4 members of my team though :(

That game is awesome. I played through it twice. Probably put in 140 hours combined.

Guest bitroast

fun little (hour and a half) video talking about breath of the wild development. 

has some minor spoilers/puzzle solutions so maybe watch after having played for a bit if you're planning on playing ? or not, if you don't care, up to you. 

Edited by bitroast

Guest bitroast

this is kind of a nintendo ad i guess if u wanna view it that way.. so seriously. apologies in advance. 

im still obsessing over this game atm ;-; 

got a Switch & Zelda too.. loving it! Can't put this down. No idea how to check progress percentage but just beat the first dungeon. Have seen most of the south eastern things, pretty sure there's a lot to still discover. Haven't even been to any desert yet. Also tried fighting/sneaking past some guardians but think I'm too weak for that. Insane how much attention to detail is in this game!

I'm also one of those people without a TV so have used it handheld exclusively. The last time I bought any video game hardware was more than 15 years ago (PS2). Now both my girlfriend and me got a Switch.. hope it won't fail lol, fingers crossed for a Metroid future!

Edited by Guest

this is kind of a nintendo ad i guess if u wanna view it that way.. so seriously. apologies in advance. 

im still obsessing over this game atm ;-; 

Read that people have figured out two ways to spam the Amiibo rare loot drops:

1. don't save after the drop, and reload your previous save if the loot is lame

2. disconnect Switch from the net, and set your internal clock ahead one day after every drop, to collect things like full sets of armor, super rare weapons, or classic Link costumes.

some Amiibo prices, like Smash Bros Link, and the 30th Anniv. Zelda sets have gone thru the roof in the last 2 weeks.  Even the Animal Crossing cards, and Shadow Metwo Amiibo card work with BOTW.

the switch is expensive enough without getting into the amiibo insanity. 

When you disable the Amiibo functionality in options, how does it do loot drops, are the chests simply location based, or do they appear after defeating an enemy?

Guest bitroast

the switch is expensive enough without getting into the amiibo insanity. 

When you disable the Amiibo functionality in options, how does it do loot drops, are the chests simply location based, or do they appear after defeating an enemy?

in game, there's chests scattered around the overworld that you can stumble onto. some are just sitting there for opening, some are obscured with some little puzzle (like, a chest on a high up perch or in a middle of a pond and you need to use your items + brains to figure out how to get to them. then there's also enemy camps that have 1 locked chest, and you have to clear out all the enemies to unlock the chest. 

as for what the amiibo's unlock, i have no idea. but i'm guessing they're just adding extra items or something? maybe some unique stuff. 

Random loot drops in a Zelda game that are enabled by buying plastic figures ?! Nintendo plz....

the amiibos have always had the NFC tech that unlocks stuff in games. it's like mini DLC/micro transactions that are purchased via the toys. the toys appeal to kids / man children + the limited nature of amiibos make them collectors items (allegedly?). it's smart tactics for nintendo that's entirely possible to ignore if you don't give a shit about amiibos/microtransaction bonus stuff. 

it's no worse than any other game locking stuff behind unnecessary paywalls, except you get to collect toys in the process and that's fuuuuuuuuuuun (allegedly?). 

Edited by bitroast

Guest bitroast

i'm thinking about the loot question again and realising i have no idea which chests are random and which are fixed. i have no idea sorry !