IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

Today: Arma II

Tomorrow: Arma III Alpha *****yeaaaaaaahhhhh****

www.arma3.com/buy/

Paid for the cheapo alpha on Steam earlier, although it also gets me the beta and full game too. Early impressions are good, the draw distance is immense compared to Arma II. No idea how to use the editor yet, but keen to start throwing some troops and vehicles into the mix.

i was thinking about picking up Borderlands GOTY for a cheap 15.....im not much of a multiplayer person, is it a fun enough game as a single-player campaign?

I played the shit out of it singleplayer. So yes, defo recommended.

Guest jasondonervan

Been hammering Ace Combat: Assault Horizon lately. It's been out for consoles since 2011, but it finally hit PC at the start of the year. Missions are fairly linear, but it certainly gives you the Maverick experience without a bunch of hardcore sim elements getting in the way.

Here's a few of my shots (all in-game engine):

Lp111Cc.jpg
GIotJPG.jpg
9Qj4WHZ.jpg
tyOvZZA.jpg
LGUebIr.jpg
dpkeW3U.jpg
KqDHvLo.jpg
EgQvRhg.jpg

i was thinking about picking up Borderlands GOTY for a cheap 15.....im not much of a multiplayer person, is it a fun enough game as a single-player campaign?

I played it single-player only, and really enjoyed it. Getting new guns all the time is really fun and addicting.

But I would consider spending the few more bucks on getting Borderlands 2 instead. It's better in every aspect than the original, and It has probably dropped in price by now.

Edited by Ceerial

Hey Guys, new Tomb Raider is getting some good reviews on Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/tomb-raider

I know none of you guys probably give a sh*t about Tomb Raider, but I worked on it so if you feel like it...show a little love (in cash form :-)

Poor sales make baby Lara cry

I bought an original SNES controller online, as well as a SNES to USB adapter. I've been using it to play through the Donkey Kong Country series over the past week or so, and let me tell you.

YESSSSSS

DKC=probably IMHO the greatest game trilogy ever made. Super Mario is far behind.

Guest bitroast

just biking in to say that i have finished mass effect 3.

and i take back my original comments about the game being too war focused. the intro was horrible and left a nasty taste in my mouth, but the game definitely makes up for it the more time you put into it. also, with the DLC extended cut installed i found the ending to be pretty satisfying and in no shape or form a disappointment.

also had the paid DLC extra missions installed and playing through them as part of the game really beefed up & improved the gameplay imo. without the DLC, the side missions in Mass Effect 3 consisted of boring flying around fetch quests, and bland multiplayer style missions where you sit around on some map (clearly designed with a multiplayer focus in mind) and shoot waves and waves of enemies (boring boring boring).

so um, yes. mass effect 3. not perfect. but pretty damn near perfect and a fitting end to the excellent 10/10 series (or um... the shepard trilogy, whatever it is it wants to be called).

Guest jasondonervan

Hey Guys, new Tomb Raider is getting some good reviews on Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/tomb-raider

I know none of you guys probably give a sh*t about Tomb Raider, but I worked on it so if you feel like it...show a little love (in cash form :-)

I got a good deal on the PC version, grabbed it on release on Steam. Not had a chance to boot it up properly yet, but the benchmark scene is nice! Will post some impressions when I get a chance. Which version(s) did you work on?

the assets are all basically the same, innit? My studio modeled most of the characters except for Lara, and did some enviro and props and rocks and stuff too. w00t

hope you enjoy it, I haven't played it yet fwiw...let me know what you think..

Edited by lumpenprol

Guest Enter a new display name

I finished Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance within two sittings yesterday. The gameplay is great and smooth, but the scenario is too reminiscent of stupid american action movies and exaggerated samurai-like japanese culture. This is a great game to rent, though.

My GF picked it up yesterday for PC and seems to be enjoying it so far... I'll probably give it a try when she's done with her run-through, it certainly looks nicefrom what I can tell just glancing over at her screen, so I guess good job lumpy!

I picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution for cheap after hearing how well done the atmosphere and story is... Not too far in only did the first mission really, but I like that it seems to have the feel of the original PC game (though it's been so long since I played it I forget large parts), dialogue choices that impact the game etc... Some of the character animations are a little choppy, but nothing to really complain too much about.

Guest bitroast

I finished Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance within two sittings yesterday. The gameplay is great and smooth, but the scenario is too reminiscent of stupid american action movies and exaggerated samurai-like japanese culture. This is a great game to rent, though.

I really want to play this.

Might go back and fiinish Vanquish first:)

Guest disparaissant

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus on PS1... headed to the Slig Barracks for the gazillionth time now.

hello!

hello!

follow me!

okay!

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus on PS1... headed to the Slig Barracks for the gazillionth time now.

hello!

hello!

follow me!

okay!

*fart noise*

"Here, boy!"

"Get 'im!"

All y'all! C'mere! Kill 'em!

I should be playing this one again soon...

Edited by chimera slot mom