IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 6/2/2024 at 11:31 AM, LooseLink said:

The new Doom is apparently called: Doom: The Dark Ages................

........ alright, bring it.

But, I got a better name:

Doom Heretic

Sounds like they are mashing up Doom with Quake, and also Heretic and Hexen, which are also id software related. Look them up.

But anyway, this is my only problem with the modern Doom games...... Doom (2016) should of been called Doom 4, because there was already a Doom.... Doom (1993)..... apart from the naming, the new games have been good, so looking forward to seeing the new one if its coming.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, o00o said:

Saw this recently.

........ It should of been called DOOM Heretic. id... I mean, the original Heretic came out in 1994, in December as well so almost 1995, its the 30th anniversary of it this year that means.

I believe both id and Activision are both under Microsoft, I'm guessing Activision owns the rights to the names "Heretic" and "Hexen", game wise I mean..... but id helped produced those.... now they are under the same banner, so what's this "Lord Of The Rings" type of wanting to add a subtitle like that? "The Dark Ages"? 

Ok now, magic powers are not really a Doom thing, sure.... but if ya gonna have the Doomslayer wear a wolfcoat cape, and he has that shield and I'm guessing a sword will come back, make him summon lightning with it, or include a "Magicsphere" that makes you power up and shoot elemental things out of your hands, or add a futuristic magic wand weapon, a prototype Unmaker or whatever, that would be "Heretic" enough for me to warrant the name.

The game itself, it reminds me of Painkiller honestly (came out in 2004-ish), it even has a similar Harpoon gun. And the Dragon thing, a homage to the beta version of Quake 1, which had a dragon originally in it. Gameplay wise looks like Doom Eternal again. I'm actually interested in the monsters here, there seem to be alot of new ones or variants, I guess its this game's strong point so far. 

1 hour ago, LooseLink said:

Saw this recently.

........ It should of been called DOOM Heretic. id... I mean, the original Heretic came out in 1994, in December as well so almost 1995, its the 30th anniversary of it this year that means.

I believe both id and Activision are both under Microsoft, I'm guessing Activision owns the rights to the names "Heretic" and "Hexen", game wise I mean..... but id helped produced those.... now they are under the same banner, so what's this "Lord Of The Rings" type of wanting to add a subtitle like that? "The Dark Ages"? 

Ok now, magic powers are not really a Doom thing, sure.... but if ya gonna have the Doomslayer wear a wolfcoat cape, and he has that shield and I'm guessing a sword will come back, make him summon lightning with it, or include a "Magicsphere" that makes you power up and shoot elemental things out of your hands, or add a futuristic magic wand weapon, a prototype Unmaker or whatever, that would be "Heretic" enough for me to warrant the name.

The game itself, it reminds me of Painkiller honestly (came out in 2004-ish), it even has a similar Harpoon gun. And the Dragon thing, a homage to the beta version of Quake 1, which had a dragon originally in it. Gameplay wise looks like Doom Eternal again. I'm actually interested in the monsters here, there seem to be alot of new ones or variants, I guess its this game's strong point so far. 

Yeah I guess it’s a no brainier if you like the other versions of doom

Anyone else been playing Animal Well? It's very good, though I keep wondering if I've lost my edge in figuring games out as I'm legitimately considering reading up online for how to finish certain tasks. I haven't felt like cheating at a game this much since I was a kid and read game guides regularly.

19 hours ago, Dave3 said:

Anyone else been playing Animal Well? It's very good, though I keep wondering if I've lost my edge in figuring games out as I'm legitimately considering reading up online for how to finish certain tasks. I haven't felt like cheating at a game this much since I was a kid and read game guides regularly.

I got through most of the "main" stuff fine, if anything I got side tracked for trying to find more secrets. When it got too tedious i just went for the ending and watched some yt videos to see what else is out there, there's a lot of hidden stuff, some is really obscure, some is just easily missable, but you can get through it without most of it.

For me personally it isn't worth it to try to find all or most of it, unless you really enjoy the scavenger hunt, for me it was a case of diminishing returns. Game gets a lil deeper the more you get but nothing mind-blowing imo.

beat AC6. awesome game but the difficulty of the bosses were all over the map. last one took dayyyyys

On 6/10/2024 at 11:55 PM, o00o said:

Yeah I guess it’s a no brainier if you like the other versions of doom

Other versions of Doom, are you referring to Doom Clones?

If so than yeah, at this point alot of these gravitate back to Doom, as evident to this latest game. Instead of getting a new Quake or whatever, it's Doom Eternal again, but incorporating elements from the various Doom clones. Again not complaining........ but the name though..... "The Dark Ages" sounds cheesy, sorry:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LooseLink said:

No the current ones that have been released in recent years 

I've been playing Wolfenstein 2. high quality shootinz, also quite funny. trying to finish this game on Mein Leben difficulty is going to be a real challenge.

edit: Ronald Reagan appears as an actor and is shot in the face multiple times

Edited by usagi

17 hours ago, LooseLink said:

If so than yeah, at this point alot of these gravitate back to Doom, as evident to this latest game. Instead of getting a new Quake or whatever, it's Doom Eternal again, but incorporating elements from the various Doom clones. Again not complaining........ but the name though..... "The Dark Ages" sounds cheesy, sorry:

That remaster of Dark Forces is quite good. They didn't try to reinvent it, so it still feels like the original game, read: a little janky cause it came from the 90s, but still very playable and improved for modern gaming.

On 6/10/2024 at 10:44 PM, YEK said:

New id game means time to upgrade your computer..

Just use GeForce Cloud Gaming. It’s pretty good so far with a nice framerate and the price is pretty neat for the hardware you get

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 12:48 PM, Dave3 said:

That remaster of Dark Forces is quite good. They didn't try to reinvent it, so it still feels like the original game, read: a little janky cause it came from the 90s, but still very playable and improved for modern gaming.

I played a crap load of Jedi Knight, Dark Forces 2, I probably prefer it over Quake 2 at the time. I played DF1 alot on Playstation 1 though. But yeah, Its surreal to see all these games remastered nowadays seriously. 

On 6/12/2024 at 9:21 PM, o00o said:

No the current ones that have been released in recent years 

AND this is one of the reasons why I hate reboots. Doom (..............2016) is Doom 4, or Doom IV, whichever. Its all the same series. Doom Heretic would of sounded great after Doom Eternal. Whoever named the recent games, seriously need a demotion 😠

• Like 1

I beat Mass Effect 3. So I've finally finished the legendary edition. I tried playing Mass Effect 1 before this remaster, and it was too clunky. But overall I enjoyed these games.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

the Zelda game looks interesting

Wow prime 4 gonna get ppl excited. 

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

the Zelda game looks interesting

This somehow got me more excited than new aphex 😄 no joke aside what a nice release day new Zelda and new afx on the same day 

• Like 1