IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 3/10/2024 at 2:48 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Never seen a custom Zelda cabinet, even has a drink holder. 

IMG_3076.jpeg

It also makes no sense as you will put in coins rarely 

This is supposed to be pretty addicting: 

did not play it yet its also PC exclusive. Would be a great Switch title 

• Like 1

Anyone playing helldivers 2? I see a lot written about it so im tempted but when i see gameplay i just see a third person shooter.

Also, balatro, is it worth getting hooked to it?

• Like 2

beat cyberpunk.

all the endings kinda let me down.

now i'm addicted to forza motorsport

maple valley with some good music ❤️ 

• Like 1

Gave up on Sifu on the fourth boss. I couldn't understand why my avoids and parries weren't working. Hate the age mechanic.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:08 AM, o00o said:

This is supposed to be pretty addicting: 

did not play it yet its also PC exclusive. Would be a great Switch title 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952nf047ht43ivnfti996c

• Like 1

So, caved in and got Helldivers 2 so far its kinda meh, certainly well made, looks and plays good but i don't see much to it. maybe it gets more fun once you level up and git gud

I'm finding the expansions drag a little. but I'm probably trying to get through it too quickly.

On 3/16/2024 at 3:29 PM, scumtron said:

The Quake/Quake2 +extensions pack offers are really hours and hours and hours of fun for almost nothing.

I've been playing through these. The Dimension of the Machine looks amazing for a Quake 1 expansion.

Quake-1024x576.jpg

• Like 1

Speaking of lots of bang for buck few months ago I also got a Doom bundle for Switch which included Doom I, II, 64, 3 and Doom (2016) and a bunch of expansions.

BG3 is unbelievable. Renews and honors the earlier ones in a way I didn't think was possible these days. Someone paid close attention to the charm, locales, deep-ass DnD mechanics, clunky inventory sub-game and constant near-death clutch combat. Maybe looks a tad too polished and colorful (the Shpongled Underdark in particular) but the scale of it all is mind-boggling. Have only scratched the surface at 50 hrs in but I absolutely love it. 

I'm doing a wonky try-everything Drow Rogue/Fighter thing, and playing rogue means depending on sneak attacks long before I'm in conversation range. That leads to all sorts of strange consequences story-wise, not to mention my taste for bad choices like experimental surgery, brainworms and unholy necromancy.

Spoiler

When Astarion showed up, my vampire PTSD from the previous games set in and I drove a stake through him before I even figured out what a big story character he was. 

The barrel-hoarding and stuff-throwing mini-game has some serious nuance to it. 

• Like 1

I dug out my old GameCube from storage and F-Zero GX is such a blast. The best futuristic racing game, maybe? So unforgiving also.. I can't pass all the cups without getting a game over anymore, even on the novice difficulty :catsuicide: Also it took me forever to finish the story mode back in the day and I seem to have lost the memory card where that save was.. Practice mode it is then for a while.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 1:02 PM, GORDO said:

So, caved in and got Helldivers 2 so far its kinda meh, certainly well made, looks and plays good but i don't see much to it. maybe it gets more fun once you level up and git gud

Game is indeed a lot more fun on the harder difficulties, thing gets really crazy sometimes. Even if it is kinda samey.

On 3/13/2024 at 8:57 AM, Squee said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952nf047ht43ivnfti996c

ah you did the sounds right? Just played it. its a really good game

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LooseLink said:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... instead of building Half-Life 3 all this time.... Valve were busy building.... this, 'kay?: 

I'm not sure building that thing took as long as it would to make a game.