IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 3/12/2024 at 6:53 PM, GORDO said:

Anyone playing helldivers 2? I see a lot written about it so im tempted but when i see gameplay i just see a third person shooter.

Also, balatro, is it worth getting hooked to it?

I really want to play it but have an xbox, gonna swap it out for a ps5 at some point so I can play the spiderman games as well as helldivers 2.

Riven. How on earth have I never played this? It's incredible. Quitting weed has made me stop dopamine rush games altogether, I just find them really boring now. Played through Myst for the first time in my life in February, absolutely loved it. But Riven is the real deal.

• Like 1

Citizen Sleeper is beautiful. the music does a great deal to uplift the vibe of the game.

• Like 2

Getting around to finishing off Control on my ps4 (just bought a ps5 but for some reason decided to keep playing on the 4 because, dunno, tradition?).

Just throwing shit at everyone has been a nice stress reliever, lately, particularly while closing off the main story at a fairly OP level.

But the fucking Hartman boss fight in the AWE DLC….  Fuck that.  

Spoiler

First time I’ve ever had to turn on God mode to clear a game level.  Just completely frustrating and unfair. Maybe the controls are better on PC. I don’t know. I could not time a surge detonation to prevent him from entering the animation to knock off the lights and start recharging health.  Just an endless fucking loop. Maybe I should have seized more enemies to help attack him, but a whole bunch of new allies did nothing at all.

It was just not fun, so I turned on immortality for a minute and fucked him up.  I guess Remedy added the assist mode for a reason. Still feel kind of shit about it, though. 

I’ve been meaning to play the Alan Wake remaster (never played AW at all), but seeing that fucker again might make me break the TV. 

Edited by baph

17 hours ago, baph said:

Maybe the controls are better on PC.

they're not lol, I talked about this and Remedy's deliberately spammy/frustrating combat systems itt a while ago. I hated AW1 for the same reason, but would be open to AW2 at some point. most people don't agree with my views.

also I just finished Citizen Sleeper. amazing atmosphere, story and characters. a must play if you like Disco Elysium and similar games for their mechanics, though CS has its own sort of sweet melancholic vibe.

I have never been drawn to any of Blizzard's shit, ever. not my type of games at all.

I should front up and say though that after laughing at WoW and its playerbase for years, I got sucked into Warframe for like *checks* almost 800 hours. I truly regret it.

The Evil Within. this game should be up my alley but I'm finding it fucking annoying. gameplay enjoyment varies hugely, thanks to it being a random hodgepodge of disconnected setpieces, some of them quite idiotic. story's dumb and old hat, characters are flat and unengaging, the player physicality is handicapped relative to the environment and enemies in a way that reminds me a lot of my frustrations with Alan Wake, etc. it's not a total disappointment but it's not as good as it should be. I'm guessing the sequel (which is also in my library) has made some improvements.

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Great series, would recommend 

Ichiban is such a loveable dumbass

Picked up that Broforce game on Switch thanks to this thread. Haven’t tried it yet but looking forward to. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 11:20 PM, usagi said:

The Evil Within. this game should be up my alley but I'm finding it fucking annoying. gameplay enjoyment varies hugely, thanks to it being a random hodgepodge of disconnected setpieces, some of them quite idiotic. story's dumb and old hat, characters are flat and unengaging, the player physicality is handicapped relative to the environment and enemies in a way that reminds me a lot of my frustrations with Alan Wake, etc. it's not a total disappointment but it's not as good as it should be. I'm guessing the sequel (which is also in my library) has made some improvements.

I enjoyed the original, but they did change a lot for the sequel. Both of these games are way better than the studio's third game Ghostwire: Tokyo.

I got Playstation Plus to play Humanity, but didn't like it so I tried some other games. Been grinding through Assassin's Creed Valhalla. It's not as good as the last two games Origins and Odyssey, but still fun.

I got past halfway through Sifu and gave up. Too much dying and replaying same missions. Too many combos to memorize to get better.

Halfway through Prey. It has its moments, but at the same time, some of the RPG-parts of it partly ruins the whole experience. 

-Pick up shotgun? Not enough space. What if I drop a wrench, or eat some apples? Ah. Yes now I can pick it up. (so f´ing stupid)

-Need more ammo? Pick up lemon peels and baseball glowes or harvest flowers. Recycle. (aargh!)

-Constant hunt for mails messages, passwords and codes to proceed. A shitload of information, things to do, audio transmissions and whatever. I constantly forget what the mission are about, and I have no idea what neuromod upgrades, weapon upgrades or other upgrades i should go for.

There is just too much stuff going on.

Currently playing the newly updated demo of LOK Digital, a digital adaptation of my own puzzle book LOK, which I'm developing with the Spanish programmer Raindrinker, and which will be published, as it was revealed just today, by Draknek & Friends, the publisher of A Monster's Expedition, Bonfire Peaks, Patrick's Parabox, Sokobond... 😆

(Kindly invited to take a look: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2207440/LOK_Digital/ )

I also made the trailer:

• Like 2

On 4/3/2024 at 8:40 AM, scumtron said:

Halfway through Prey. It has its moments, but at the same time, some of the RPG-parts of it partly ruins the whole experience. 

-Pick up shotgun? Not enough space. What if I drop a wrench, or eat some apples? Ah. Yes now I can pick it up. (so f´ing stupid)

-Need more ammo? Pick up lemon peels and baseball glowes or harvest flowers. Recycle. (aargh!)

-Constant hunt for mails messages, passwords and codes to proceed. A shitload of information, things to do, audio transmissions and whatever. I constantly forget what the mission are about, and I have no idea what neuromod upgrades, weapon upgrades or other upgrades i should go for.

There is just too much stuff going on.

Felt the same way, I abandoned the game very early on, after the (awesome) intro you're immediately presented with endless checklists of stuff to do with no clear purpose. I have enough backlog to clear irl damnit i dont want a second job. I left it to pick it up later but haven't since.

DSIII Archthrones Mod.

Pretty geil.

Suddenly you're fighting Owl as a knight with DS parry and roll mechanics and somehow it all works. Recommended.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dpek said:

Currently playing the newly updated demo of LOK Digital, a digital adaptation of my own puzzle book LOK, which I'm developing with the Spanish programmer Raindrinker, and which will be published, as it was revealed just today, by Draknek & Friends, the publisher of A Monster's Expedition, Bonfire Peaks, Patrick's Parabox, Sokobond... 😆

(Kindly invited to take a look: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2207440/LOK_Digital/ )

I also made the trailer:

Looks good!

Although i can't tell from the video what the mechanic is

2 hours ago, GORDO said:

Looks good!

Although i can't tell from the video what the mechanic is

Thanks!

You use words from a made up language to black out all tiles in a level. Each word has its own special ability and you learn these keywords gradually. Sort of like a wordsearch puzzle, but with more logic and game-breaking stuff.

ADACA on Zone Patrol rn. Campaign already completed. Pretty impressive overall for a one-person studio - definitely recommend to fans of Half-Life and S.T.A.L.K.E.R..

Bought Dead Space 2 recently on sale for dirt cheap but haven't played yet. Only played the remake of the first game, which is still good.

Although generally not into zombie games, Dying Light seems appealing lately. Might buy when it goes on sale.

System Shock remake gets a patch update next week, with main focus on revamped final stage, plus option to play as female Hacker.

Also still waiting for Fallout: London to drop on the 23rd.

• Big Brain 1