IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I like the bit when it goes -

C#3 40 09 42 11 DD
D-5 60 09 02 0E FF
G#6 CA 09 30 11 0A
C-0 40 09 DC 01 0A
D-3 00 00 11 0A 00
--- -- -- -- -- --
D-5 60 09 02 0E FF
G#6 CA 09 30 11 0A
C-0 40 09 DC 01 0A
D-3 00 00 11 0A 00
--- -- -- -- -- --
F-7 80 01 3D 01 11

Did you see that part when you lift the back part of the plastic off the case, there's a pack of Reason patches in there with wires and stuff?

Unbelievably next level. And those AIDS t-shirts they were wearing? Who would have thought of THAT?!? I mean c'mon. Pure. Genius. Best album ever.

it was pretty awesome, maybe it's a call back to the 80s aids awareness era sort of a reference (if the coil references weren't obvious enough) To the Tainted Love cover they did

all those Reason patches made me immediately think of your stuff too, pretty elegant patches too. Too bad they are semi obscured/covered up so one wouldn't be able to completely recreate them

One of the best tracks on the new album is

the track where the collaborate with Kouhei and Longmont Potion Castle on the same track. They did some sort of Skype conference call and process/beat slice the prank in real time. It's sort of reminiscent of the LPC track 'dougan nash' but this time the processing is very AE style, pretty psychedelic track if you ask me. You don't really understand it until you dose some 2ct7. Pretty much applies to the whole album too. Even just plain LSD won't unlock Duntrufl's secrets.

one of the tracks is hilariously called 'Slviamoveoftenex Shtot'
i interpret that is they shat out this track while on Salvia 10x extract

Edited by Awepittance

C#3 40 09 42 11 DD
D-5 60 09 02 0E FF
G#6 CA 09 30 11 0A
C-0 40 09 DC 01 0A
D-3 00 00 11 0A 00
--- -- -- -- -- --
D-5 60 09 02 0E FF
G#6 CA 09 30 11 0A
C-0 40 09 DC 01 0A
D-3 00 00 11 0A 00
--- -- -- -- -- --
F-7 80 01 3D 01 11

The part after that with the really fucked elephant trumpeting sample is possibly the closest I've ever heard to an Autechre guitar solo, at least until the actual guitar solo 16 minutes into Cverheqmm;m;;oistqa)46kx!

Edited by modey

that's true that's true that's true, how much repression is there in something like that? For the repressor?

only reason i ask cause the guy at the sun glass hut told me me about it

@ 1:09 in this track is when i threw all the 'rules' out the window, i never thought AE would be so into guitar until i heard it, and now with Duntrfls the glass ceiling has been shattered, all expectations totally out the window

Yeah, they've certainly hinted at being interested in using guitar sounds for a while now. It's good to hear some actual guitar though! I wonder who actually played it.

i just realized that perhaps it was my own emotional state that was coloring my interpretation of the album title, maybe it doesn't mean they are done with 'true feels' instead i'm beginning to believe that they mean that they have done or accomplished 'true feels' perhaps for the first time, if you thought OVersteps was the most emotionally expressive AE album, you're gonna love this

C#3 40 09 42 11 DD
D-5 60 09 02 0E FF
G#6 CA 09 30 11 0A
C-0 40 09 DC 01 0A
D-3 00 00 11 0A 00
--- -- -- -- -- --
D-5 60 09 02 0E FF
G#6 CA 09 30 11 0A
C-0 40 09 DC 01 0A
D-3 00 00 11 0A 00
--- -- -- -- -- --
F-7 80 01 3D 01 11

I just want to recognize that this probably took a long time to type!

Not reading any autechre threads until the ablum comes out 2015 -- also, listening to Limb Bizkit, "Break Stuff," as I type.

I heard they sue a wah-wah pedol

edit: edited to fix spelling.

Edited by encey

Can't believe nobody's commented yet on the hidden "true" track order of the album. If you listen to the Fibonacci prime numbered cuts from Duntrfls in a row, followed by the other tracks with the sound reversed, it flows so, so much better. Plus the hidden coupon code for a special sale of Montana brand spraypaint (on for the first two weeks after album release), which is a jumbled up version of the 5th track's title.

I analized the pink brown noise derivatives and was able to extract a QR code image. You guys found this too right? Not like it was terribly a secret. Anyways, I can't believe it took me to a place where I can download the live set. HOLY CRAP.

Duntrfls BOARD SOUND FTw Bbq

Autechre at their pinnacle. At first I was disappointed by the two minutes flute introduction of the opening track but it grew on me.

Warp just announced the follower EP - there's a track featuring Tinie Tempah on it, I just can't wait !

Autechre at their pinnacle. At first I was disappointed by the two minutes flute introduction of the opening track but it grew on me.

Warp just announced the follower EP - there's a track featuring Tinie Tempah on it, I just can't wait !

Release Date: 1st April 2013

Wagner tubas as in Bruckner #7/2 combined with a "Slow this Bird down"esque mood and experimentalism as in Lentic Catachresis plus Sean singing a baroque song with his mouth full of turquoise hexagon suns.

Edited by Guest

i also wasn't expecting titles like '1978 PBS ad' or 'splintered sunshine dust beam on an old beta cassette labeled in handwritten marker with a surfboard playground slide honeycomb seagull squwak'

i also wasn't expecting titles like '1978 PBS ad' or 'splintered sunshine dust beam on an old beta cassette labeled in handwritten marker with a surfboard playground slide honeycomb seagull squwak'

well to be fair those are collaborations with Basinski and BoC so what do you expect.

what's with those weird backward samples and the laughing children though?

well to be fair those are collaborations with Basinski and BoC so what do you expect.

Either they really miss their days on Skam.. or

OMFG! Duntrfls is the new Autec--I mean Boards of Canada album! :boc:

Oh shit, please don't tell mdg I know!

Edited by vproc

dude shut up, you'll ruin the surprise that it's a collabor—ah fuck Edited by modey

So uh should I make my sig "Duntrfls = New Clear Dawn" ?

Oh shit but what if Fredd-E sees me spoiling the must-hear album of 2013?

Sorry, but this is wrong. Duntrfls is the 10 track, 50 minute "EP" accompaniment to the the 11 track, 53 minute Bull Wallet LP. It's all credited to Autechre. The Sandisons might have helped a little, here and there, by farting into a pan flute for 3 minutes of studio time during their yearly allotment of 2 hours of lucidity, but it's hardly what I'd call a collaboration, or a BoC album proper.

Still, it was really serendipitous that Rob had kept his pan flute handy.

Edited by baph