IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I'm not hearing WTFs in here or randomness. Surely much of this stuff was borne of noodly jams but it feels very lean and polished and premeditated. I am hearing lots of intense detail on all fronts that is a far cry from the Nintendo 64 low resolution rounded edges of Oversteps that gave me total blueballs.

Second listen. Got to spl9, ripped off face.

FUCKING MASTERPIECE. So good in fact, if they said this was their last album (which I dont think it will be), I would totally be okay with that.

The reverb wash at ~3:20.

Edited by gl0tch

Guest pixelives

I cant wait to see the definitive reviews on this. Wire, et al. Even pitchfuckingfork. I also REALLY hope an interview comes out for this.

one thought I had while listening: I don't think this album could have possibly been released anytime before 2013. The world of music wouldn't grasp it. Now, in 2013, with experimental electronic aesthetics pretty much haven taken over everything (pop,indie,dance,dubstep,etc.) this album is released in a pop-cultural sonic environment that has a higher chance of even fucking knowing how to HEAR this type of music.

I think this also goes into that idea I had where a larger chunk of electronic music fans are reevaluating and getting back into Ae since there is so much cookie cutter stuff out there..

totally! there is this massive field of 'meh' electronic music that has swirled out in every direction since autechre's heydey, and this album is like a fucking tank blasting through it, asserting itself sonically, chest-thumping; autechre proclaiming their big-man status

I am routinely amazed at what outlets like Fact and xlr8r decide to cover. Serious amateur hour. Don't even get me started on this "outsider" dance music bs.

Masterpiece yeah. Immensely packed full of wondrous moments and psychedelic emotions.

ending of bladelores melts me

Edited by coax

Second listen. Got to spl9, ripped off face.

FUCKING MASTERPIECE. So good in fact, if they said this was their last album (which I dont think it will be), I would totally be okay with that.

The reverb wash at ~3:20.

yes yes yes yes. spl9...the first track we heard off the album...super lo-res shit leak.

when I heard it come in in hi-def, it was completely floored. The track truly made me anxious, like some kind of waterboarding shit, at the same time as completely entirely loving it.

Oh yeah and I forgot which track it was but it was halfway through the first disc and a certain track had sounds that almost literally made me vomit. Fuck, I want to play this on festival sized monitors on top of a mountain, let the world bask in its POWER

Edited by Salvatorin

Guest jasondonervan

I've got some Japanese itunes codes ordered, so I should have some keyosc action soon (well, within 24 hours)

Perhaps it's a lot of Money, but what the hell... it's new Autechre album release day, time to celebrate!

once again, ae shows that they are the masters of album closers. the recks on/YJY UX combo is beyond amazing.

this whole album is going to take a lot of time to settle in, but this kicks the shit out of oversteps

Waiting for bleep.com...

Website is currently unreachable

No cached version is available

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

edit: I gotta go for a fucking walk before I explode.

Edited by Alfred P McLovely III

once again, ae shows that they are the masters of album closers. the recks on/YJY UX combo is beyond amazing.

agreed, it's really nice

this whole album is going to take a lot of time to settle in, but this kicks the shit out of oversteps

nah...apples and oranges. Quit slagging oversteps you un-subtle beat junkies, lol