IGNORED

Autechre - Exai

zlemflolia

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering if the artwork will have some Augmented Reality stuff going on, bonus content maybe?

Actually didn't someone say/I read somewhere the Sean (or Rob) were working on an iPhone app? Perhaps I'm talking bollocks

Guest RandySicko

I'm wondering if the artwork will have some Augmented Reality stuff going on, bonus content maybe?

Actually didn't someone say/I read somewhere the Sean (or Rob) were working on an iPhone app? Perhaps I'm talking bollocks

Think that was cylob... would be cool if sean and rob had something in the works though

I just hope they turned off that fucking Enya reverb.

AE would be nothing without their mastery of all that is reverb. they had just never really used it on such Enya-sounding pads until Oversteps.

Think that was cylob... would be cool if sean and rob had something in the works though

Aye, maybe, although I thought it was referenced in that Podcast interview Sean did, where he mentioned about programming for a year

I just hope they turned off that fucking Enya reverb.

AE would be nothing without their mastery of all that is reverb. they had just never really used it on such Enya-sounding pads until Oversteps.

Would be nothing without reverb? That's a pretty big exaggeration, they have a lot more to offer than that. But, yeah, the Oversteps reverb was way too copious and cheesy. Even cheesier than Amber's.

bladelores :emotawesomepm9:

I don't want to oversell it, but probably the best ae track title ever.

not being a native speaker, can you explain that pun or word play..? doesn't trigger anything with me...

something about 'knife crime' and da uk youff's, i guess... but who knows.

or maybe they know wesley snipes and he's a fan and told them to name a track after him or he'd get freaky violent on their asses with swords 'n shit.

not being a native speaker, can you explain that pun or word play..? doesn't trigger anything with me...

There's no clever word play. It's just two words, blade and lores put together. AE supafans like to think a coherent title like 'bladelores' or 'cloudline' is magically going to fit some idea in their head of how it will sound.

For example back before Oversteps was out: D sho qub, that's almost dub, I think that'll be a dub tune!

I didn't make that up, somebody actually said that.

There's no clever word play. It's just two words, blade and lores put together. AE supafans like to think a coherent title like 'bladelores' or 'cloudline' is magically going to fit some idea in their head of how it will sound.

For example back before Oversteps was out: D sho qub, that's almost dub, I think that'll be a dub tune!

I didn't make that up, somebody actually said that.

It is kind of dubby, though, in a retarded way

googling "blade lore" brings up a bunch of rpg related things

meaning ae are a bunch of fellow rpg geeks and we're all relating to it

Book.jpg

googling "blade lore" brings up a bunch of rpg related things

meaning ae are a bunch of fellow rpg geeks and we're all relating to it

Book.jpg

Yeah, this. It's not a pun, it's just blade lore(s), which is pretty much a thing ("blade lore" is apparently the entire point of this thing which I have not read: http://www.amazon.com/Mongoliad-Book-One-Foreworld-Saga/dp/1612182364 ; see also N. Stephenson's "Vale Lore" in his novel Anathem)

I have no idea what it would sound like, and I can't guess. It's just a funny title.

If it's not better than Oversteps I am going to whine a lot like a little bitch

If Exai is over 2.5 hours long, there HAS to be something good in it.

Oversteps isn't a bad winter album, but for an Autechre album it's sub par.

Archived