IGNORED

Autechre - Exai

RE the corrupt T ess XI 24 bit wav. Already heard back from the lovely folks at bleep:

Hi there,

We have now replaced this file.

You could download the whole lot again now, or if you wish to wait we will be circulating a single track download option for that file we will be circulating in the morning.

Best wishes

Bleep Support

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

this album is everything i was wanting in new autechre album.

groovy + massive sounding.

the size of this album. it sounds like oversteps, if oversteps was presented on a giant colossal cgi rotating pedestal.

RE the corrupt T ess XI 24 bit wav. Already heard back from the lovely folks at bleep:

Hi there,

We have now replaced this file.

You could download the whole lot again now, or if you wish to wait we will be circulating a single track download option for that file we will be circulating in the morning.

Best wishes

Bleep Support

Has this happened yet? Havent seen any available links come up yet. Also haven't got the mp3s yet...what's up again?

Yep the URL to the new version of the download is very different from normal. Usually it's BLP then a big unique number, whereas this time its a very specifically named shorter file name but with a unique access key to ensure you don't share it. Doesn't look like the individual track is up but the whole zip is now fixed anyway (plus with the servers not being battered the download is considerably quicker than yesterday - took me 10 minutes rather than the near two hours of before)

So, is this any good?

It is excellent. If you consider yourself an Autechre fan and you don't like this, you're an asshole.

hahaha, pretty much...but seriously, in my opinion a great album.

No worries. I'm liking this a lot. Is like an extended version of some tracks on Quaristice, but darker.

The album hasn't really amazed me,but then again I was really really late in digging Autechre. So I suppose I should say the album hasn't really amazed me... yet.

Still digging the tracks though. I keep listening to them cause I just know they'll click with me soon.

Perhaps all those months of strictly wAgAwAgA, curse you wAgAwAgA!

Guest Rulohead32

Any way to hear this album streaming yet?

It's not yet on Spotify, but -I don't know if I should say this here- I got it on

newalbumreleases

The gated reverb work on these pieces seems to be the central core of a lot of the movement, and it's REALLY fascinating to listen to. As always, AE manage to take processes and tropes of electronic music production and turn them upside down. I am still grinning from ear to ear every time I play this.

Download now available.

DOWNLOAD THE NEW AUTECHRE ALBUM EXAI FROM THE AUTECHRE SITE NOW

— CD & VINYL SHIPS FOR MARCH 4TH / 5TH RELEASE DATE

WARP234 — 17 tracks - 2Hours 32Seconds

Download and order 2XCD / 4XLP from the Autechre websiteBleepiTunes

bleep.com appears to be broken.

iTunes US: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/exai/id596757670

Yes, but because of iTunes' lame 10 minute song limit, three of the songs are not available via iTunes, and it's a dollar more vs Bleep.

No! It just means you have to buy the album to get the album only longer songs.

what are you talking aboot, i got the whole thing on itunes, there is no 10minute song limit :cerious:

anyway i'm gonna get the cd album in store asswell, i just couldn't hold myself to play it asap i'm so fucking happy with the album :w00t:

The album hasn't really amazed me,but then again I was really really late in digging Autechre. So I suppose I should say the album hasn't really amazed me... yet.

Still digging the tracks though. I keep listening to them cause I just know they'll click with me soon.

Perhaps all those months of strictly wAgAwAgA, curse you wAgAwAgA!

you just gotta listen to it a million times, it's autechre :wink:

Is that really the track, stylistically/sonically it sounds so different from anything else on the album.

yes it really is.

to be entirely honest, I'm happy with the original tracklist for Exai. (keyosc) is a nice track, but I agree with you that it doesn't seem to fit with the album. i dunno, maybe a few more listens? the classic autechre / listener formula :p

Archived