IGNORED

Legowelt - The Paranormal Soul

Redruth

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clone have the vinyl now. Obviously I ended up pulling the trigger on that too. All in all it's a fair deal, vinyl + cd will still only set you back as much as some vinyl releases do on their own. Yay for fair prices, guilt-free redundant releases to add to my collection.

This is so going to be so high on my yearlist, can't fucking stop listening to it.

Also there is a new mix Legowelt did for XL8R, check it out, lots of unreleased stuff - http://www.xlr8r.com...012/11/legowelt

Track that starts at 17:40 is ace, sounds like new Gladio, too bad it isn't.

• 1 month later...

Slightly disappointed with this one. Where "TEAC Life" was subdued, suggestive, sublime, etc, this new one is a bit too obvious sounding. In that regard it reminds me of Ceephax when he doesn't fully manage to walk the fine line between tasty and cheesy.

Edit: Spelling.

Slightly disappointed with this one. Where "TEAC Life" was subdued, suggestive, sublime, etc, this new one is a bit too obvious sounding. In that regard it reminds me of Ceephax when he doesn't fully manage to walk the fine line between tasty and cheesy.

Edit: Spelling.

agree. used to like legowelt, the bunker stuff etc don't know what to think of it now. goes over my head. he's good at what he does, but he was better at what he used to do. squadro blanco destroys this for a start.

Har har

Seriously though, she's probably the hottest producer of electronica out there. Look up Xolar at discogs and check the artists pics. Damn.

Too late to.

Edit.: not xolar but something similar. If discogs wouldn't behave like crap I would've posted a link. But on a portable device, discogs decides it needs to change to some horrible userinterface making it practically impossible to look things up indirectly...

legowelt has become such a hipster. also, he made better music back in the days. success doesn't bring quality

true, he's now got the girl, no need to sweat it, then again, if she dumps him he'll have to sweat some more and

make them like he used to, then get girl again, get lazy, get dumped, sweat some more, the dream that never stops.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hanratty

may I ask, what do you mean by hipster? I'm just listening to Paranormal Soul now, but I have been listening to his Fabric mix for awhile now, which is totally amazing, and I just think he's getting older and his sound is changing, and maturing, but to me it's not stale at all, and is more introspective ("elements of houz music" for example) and maybe more honest, than his earlier work (which I also love). I think he was great and is also getting better.

I agree with Hanratty, I like where his sound and production skills are going far more than his earlier output. I think his tunemaking has vastly improved, even though a great bulk of his older work is classic.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived