She is not ugly at all. Quite the contrary. And compared to so many other Hollywood actresses she actually has a memorable face. A face you can describe.

SIPVBUN.png

didn't think i was going to enjoy this but holy shit, absolutely loved it. sam rockwell needs to play a racist hick in every film he's in because the man personifies that role perfectly. also, can someone suggest frances mcdormand discover something called makeup? 

bQd0QMj.jpg

this one was not average- not bad, not good- just satisfactory. it's based on the comic by derf backderf (that's an action hero name right there) who was actually schoolmates with dahmer and documents their times together in high school and stops when he begins his first murder. if that sounds interesting to you i'd say it's worth a watch otherwise there's about 70 other shows and movies on netflix to waste your time with

Watched a bunch of superhero movies. They were all shit. Will happen again.

shin godzilla - that was fucking ridiculous and hilarious, and i can't even really tell if this was intentional or not, but probably not. i guess the director attempted to do something akin to soderbergh's contagion, a sort of a wide scale portrayal of a disaster and the various organizations' attempts to deal with it. the super-quick editing going from one meeting to another with the subtitled barrage of names of organizations and people in suits is an attempt infuse it with grave seriousness, but with phony deadpan acting and overemphasized japanese honorifics it just came off stupid and silly with its pretentious. it gets from silly to hilarious when it goes international, one of the best examples is an american born young hot female politician character who is also ethnically japanese, has ambitions for american presidency(!) and a youtube viral video worthy engrish skills. the actual monster in its first evolutionary stage looks absolutely retarded (the fucking eyes man, you'll never forget those, flol), like some kind of cross of a lizard and a seal QWOPping all over the city stomping building with motionless and expressionless head. then there's the fucking music, my god, it goes from some kind of elaborate orchestrated score to soft elevator jazz standards (to indicate relief i guess? lol) to shoegazy dance-rock and metal (when the crew of people were brainstorming hard for solutions to the godzilla problem), and what i think is the original japanese godzilla soundtrack during action scenes, which sounded like it was ripped straight from the 50 year old vynil without any kind of reworking and updating at all, it sounded mono, tinny and generally very low fi, it actually prompted me to check if my torrent was legit because it seemed so fucking weird. a big chunk of the music usage and placement obviously didn't make any sense. i don't want to spoiler it anymore, this is essential viewing.

this was actually directed by Hideaki Anno which is the creator of NGE and i'm almost sure the music is the same used in the series, or composed by the same musician... but yeah, pretty horrible movie lol, only watched it because of this review and its director...

According to sources close to the production, Godzilla's design in this film is mostly based on his design from the original film from 1954

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

as i suspected...

Remixed versions of the track "decisive battle" from the 1995 anime Neon Genesis Evangelion are played on multiple occassions throughout the film. Director Hideaki Anno was also the director of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Soundtrack Credits 
Decisive Battle 
(background music from Shin Seiki Evangerion (1995)) 
Written by Shiro Sagisu 
Theme of Godzilla 
Written by Akira Ifukube 
Famously... 
(original music from _Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (2012)_ 
Written by Shiro Sagisu 
Violin performed by Daisuke Kadowaki 
Piano performed by Junko Miyagi 
Godzilla Landing 
Composed by Akira Ifukube for "Godzilla" (1954) 
Godzilla's Resurrection 
Composed by Akira Ifukube for "King Kong vs. Godzilla" (1962) 
Godzilla Appears 
Composed by Akira Ifukube for "Terror of Mechagodzilla" (1975) 
Great War in Space 
Composed by Akira Ifukube for "Battle in Outer Space" (1959) 
Main Title 
Composed by Akira Ifukube for "Godzilla" (1954) 
Main Title 
Composed by Akira Ifukube for "Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster" (1964) 
Main Title 
Composed by Akira Ifukube for "Invasion of Astro-Monster" (1965) 
Main Title 
Composed by Akira Ifukube for "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II" (1993)

only on watmm folks will rip into a thing like Annihilation..

it was good, isn’t it refreshing seeing a scifi flick which isn’t exactly like all others?

The Garland dude is smot, I really like how its main theme is “prismatic mashup” and the film itself is a big postmodern confetti made from a fuckton of little pieces of classic films.. Alien, Jurassic Park, Apocalypse Now, Ghostbusters, Björk-style Music video, fucking Tool Music videos, Jaws, etc etc... mashed together in way that exposes the artificiality of the sources & itself.. culminating in a CGI mandelbulb thing boss fight which, well it’s just that! Look, a CGI thing! What is it? DUNNO! An atomizing fuck-filter that doesn’t give a fuk.

I love this film.

Edited by Guest

https://youtu.be/5ZZu1DDERbw

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

All I want is embed a fucking YouTube video it’s impossible

Neat

Fuck I can't fix it either.

Thanks Michael

Edited by Gocab

nah nah nah, you can't...

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
All I want is embed a fucking YouTube video it’s impossible

you can't use the mobile youtube link, just replace the m. with www.
;)

uWYHILO.jpg

this was my sister's favorite film growing up and as a result we watched it too many times that it became ingrained in my brain. last night, my girlfriend and i decided to revisit it. surprisingly, it was pretty decent- like a pretty good made-for-television film geared more towards girls. 

Mother!- Whacky allegory mash-up

Phantom Thread- Brilliant if slightly twisted relationship drama

Amy- Surprisingly touching (one of those that digs in and catches you unawares) 

only on watmm folks will rip into a thing like Annihilation..

Yeah, I'm surprised by that. I thought it was a great concept executed really well on a tight budget. The final mirror-choreography thing was proper creepy (enhanced by a great piece of music).