IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

On 9/14/2023 at 4:49 AM, prdctvsm said:

Anthonys-Studio.jpg

Oh hi Mark!

fuck me I'll be back next year when I finally spotted every thing on that drawing... make another one with 10 differences... or draw a Wally somewhere... and colors pls Mark... I can send you some crayons if you're low on crypto...

Spoiler

48-Wheres-Wally-WALKER-BOOKS.thumb.jpg.23e6c705350f4b6aa3b85e64bc50d378.jpg

Edited by cruising for burgers
is Productivism called Mark irl?
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

Oh hi Mark!

fuck me I'll be back next year when I finally spotted every thing on that drawing... make another one with 10 differences... or draw a Wally somewhere... and colors pls Mark... I can send you some crayons if you're low on crypto...

Hide contents

48-Wheres-Wally-WALKER-BOOKS.thumb.jpg.23e6c705350f4b6aa3b85e64bc50d378.jpg

a memory jumped out at me, how much time spent searching for that guy...

excellent artwork you all, doing a great job.

Sorry for this long as post, but I couldn't decide which scene to share so I ended up sharing all of them. Did the sound design for the new Warhammer 40k tv show and here are some of my favorite scenes

• Like 5

nice work when is the going to be available publicly? 

any audio tools or libraries you can recommend for these sci-fi soundscapes? 

Edited by o00o

29 minutes ago, o00o said:

nice work when is the going to be available publicly? 

any audio tools or libraries you can recommend for these sci-fi soundscapes? 

Thanks, man!

You can stream it on GamesWorkshop's streaming platform called "Warhammer+".

Which sci-fi soundscapes do you mean? Is it just the overall ambiences and drones in the background? : )

30 minutes ago, o00o said:

In general - are there certain libraries or certain fx generators you mostly use or is it the same as normal music production?

like this  for example: 

Ah gotcha!

I actually ended up running a ton of my ambiences through Output's Portal. As a matter of fact, all the sounds during the scene where the space marine walks through the slow motion reverse battle scene was run through Portal. I love that plugin but it's ridiculously hard to use and required a ton of exports to get the sounds right.

A lot of the ambiences apart from wind and dark drones are actually screams with a ton of reverb and filtered in various ways. I also really love using recordings of aztec death whistles as they sound menacing as hell. The same goes for pretty much any instrument that is able to play a low note. Run that through a ton of distortion (Decapitator is my favorite), add reverb, and the filter to your liking and you've got yourself some lovely sci-fi alarms/sirens.

Oh by the way, I think I did use Turbine for the opening scene of the show and during a space ship flyby sound 🙂

• Like 3

On 10/13/2023 at 4:05 PM, Squee said:

aztec death whistles

wow holy shit didn't know about these. 

portal looks also really nice

On 10/13/2023 at 4:05 PM, Squee said:

Decapitator

ah nice - I really love soundtoys as well. I am currently on the 30 days trial. did buy echoboy some years ago as it had some presets aphex used on SAW II but never go the kick of it but now with the whole suite of decapitator, radiator and filter freak 2 you basically do not need anything else to create hypnotic techno or psychedelic pads / ambiences 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, o00o said:

wow holy shit didn't know about these. 

portal looks also really nice

ah nice - I really love soundtoys as well. I am currently on the 30 days trial. did buy echoboy some years ago as it had some presets aphex used on SAW II but never go the kick of it but now with the whole suite of decapitator, radiator and filter freak 2 you basically do not need anything else to create hypnotic techno or psychedelic pads / ambiences 

Aztec death whistles are scary as shit. Apparently, they would scare off the enemy by having an entire army blow into these.

About Soundtoys... yeah, if you have FabFilter, Soundtoys and a couple of granular plugins you're pretty much set when it comes to sound design.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Squee said:

Aztec death whistles are scary as shit. Apparently, they would scare off the enemy by having an entire army blow into these.

About Soundtoys... yeah, if you have FabFilter, Soundtoys and a couple of granular plugins you're pretty much set when it comes to sound design.

Yeah fabfilter is one of my bread and butter filters as well