IGNORED

questions you have always wanted to ask but scared to in case you would look stupid

Guest isaki

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hooked up the ground on the phono to the ground on my receiver... I guess it isn't exactly "just noise"... Let's say I recognize it as basically 3% of the song that should be coming out of the speakers. It's so heavily distorted! And only

Out of the left channel.

i don't know what system you're using i didn't read the previous posts but the problem might be in your amplifier if your using one, maybe specifically with your phono input...

stephenG dude are you sure you're not trolling us??? :cat:

lol no I'm not trolling ya. Maybe it is my phono in on my receiver... From everything I read online it sounds like the needle isn't tracking properly. But I also read something about an mm/mc

Switch not being set properly that could cause this =/ I see no such switch. I feel retarded. Are turntables usually this fickle?

2502533056_76280dafaf.jpg

I can't tell if this is referring to me (because I have autism).

If some of the jacks are faulty then you should try other ones.

no, i thought it was obvious who i was referring to.

Well, speak up then genius tell me what's wrong with my setup?

There are a number of potential problems including wiring within the cartridge or tonearm, faulty phono stage inside the receiver, stylus can be damaged or faulty causing it to track improperly, etc.

It's not my first fucken stereo. It's my first turntable.

Edit: the dealer told me to bring it in today to take a look.

There are a number of potential problems including wiring within the cartridge or tonearm, faulty phono stage inside the receiver, stylus can be damaged or faulty causing it to track improperly, etc.

post pics of your receiver (amp) and your turntable please, did you buy it 2nd hand??? if so, how didn't you try it first??? wtf dude

How do Boards of Canada make a living? Are they secretly farmers?

they make a living from their music ya idiot

I mean how do they make a living given that they don't do live shows, nor have released anything in years. Autechre, Aphex Twin make their living not through sales of their releases, not even through touring in Autechre's case, but with one-off live shows. BOC don't do these, ergo how do they make a living.

They're both house husbands. Hence the effeminate mess that was Campfag Fuckface.

fucking lol, that's so bad but so funny.

^this

I think one (or both) worked at a university or library or something. Perhaps they returned to that. I know OPN and Washed Out were both library science majors, perhaps they inadvertently were influenced by BoC's secret day jobs.

I could just look this up but would love a small paragraph that completely answers it:

When dogs (or cats) have a litter- how does food get to the babies? are they all in one sack that gets all the nutrients or are they in individual pouches with their own "cords" to the mom stomach? How do they absorb this food?

post pics of your receiver (amp) and your turntable please, did you buy it 2nd hand??? if so, how didn't you try it first??? wtf dude

Fixed!

Simply had to replace the stylus. It was faulty or damaged (I say faulty considering it was brand new out of the box). Missing the vertical part of the needle that runs perpendicular to the cartridge to actually track the vinyl. A little disappointing given the price of the cartridge.

Thanks people for helping me :)

Fixed!

Simply had to replace the stylus. It was faulty or damaged (I say faulty considering it was brand new out of the box). Missing the vertical part of the needle that runs perpendicular to the cartridge to actually track the vinyl. A little disappointing given the price of the cartridge.

Thanks people for helping me :)

glad to ear :ok:

I could just look this up but would love a small paragraph that completely answers it:

When dogs (or cats) have a litter- how does food get to the babies? are they all in one sack that gets all the nutrients or are they in individual pouches with their own "cords" to the mom stomach? How do they absorb this food?

That's why cats lay eggs you fucking idiot.

stephen, i hope they didn't charge you for another cartridge (?)

No! I brought it to the dealer and explained it to them and they hooked it up to their shop system and it was having the same problems. They verified I had the downforce etc right and the cartridge was properly aligned too!

So he busts out his magnifying glass and takes a look and sure enough, the stylus was messed up!

It's an ortofon 2m red

StephenG, that's a ridiculously nice turntable by first turntable standards

I am currently on my first turntable and you are making me feel bad about myself

I am currently on my first turntable and you are making me feel bad about myself

:sad:

sad panda.

I didn't want to buy one and have to upgrade in a couple years... Figured I would start out mid-range...

wait are you being sarcastic? :cerious:

:sad:

sad panda.

I didn't want to buy one and have to upgrade in a couple years... Figured I would start out mid-range...

wait are you being sarcastic? :cerious:

No sarcasm. I got a 150 dollar turntable for xmas. It was a nice and thoughtful gift but it's not a good brand. As long as it doesn't eat the records I get I can't complain. Someday when I pay off some student loans I'll get a nice Rega or something.

Archived