IGNORED

My Bloody Valentine - mbv

vamos scorcho

I am only on the third track (Who Sees You) and it's the first one to properly grab me. I have the feeling this album will be a grower though.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an idiot for just ordering the cd version when the cd and vinyl bundle is just $7 more. I sent an email to their support asking if I can switch. I wonder if it'll take. Now I'm off to the park for a walk with the dog and the new My Bloody Valentine.

Just finished my first play through. I enjoyed it, it must have been quite difficult to follow up Loveless. I need to listen a couple more times really.

I'm on my second listen.

I think this album is pretty incredible.

I haven't figured out my faves yet.

There are some songs that don't grab me like I'd hoped, but I think it is the perfect follow-up to Loveless.

I have some gripes with the bass not being prominent enough in parts and the sound of the drums in some places, but all said, I think this is a masterful album.

I mean, they are old people now and they are able to put out a HIGHLY experimental album with catchy hooks, heavy-as-fuck guitars and playful chord progressions that still have a youthful sense of playfulness.

Loveless had some songs that I would skip, I don't know if there are any on this one.

It is kinda like an Isn't Anything-like album with a post-Loveless influence.

last 2 tracks - full kevin :crazy::w00t:

I totally agree. Those definitely blew my mind. I was asking myself "what the fuck am I listening to?" but in a good way. That last song almost made me feel a bit ill. It was all good tho.

FYI...

My first listen, as soon as I finished downloading, I pressed play, cranked that shit up loud, went in the bathroom, shut the door, got in the bath (super hot) and l listened to about 2/3rds of the album through the wall with a wet towel on my eyes. I got out and listened to the rest, sweating it out on a beach towel on my floor in the dark. I felt like I was high.

I haven't had a music listening experience like that in a long time.

Bravo.

new you

hell yeah motherfucker

That's totally the "Soon" of this album.

btw,

I just read this...

180 gram vinyl + CD + digital download of your choice

This vinyl album has been recorded as an analogue album. It was recorded on 2

inch 24 track analogue tape and mixed onto half inch analogue tape and

mastered with no digital processing involved.

The vinyl is a true analogue cut, i.e. it hasn't been put through a

digital process during the cutting process unlike over 90% of all vinyl

available today.

I was checking out so fast, in hopes that the site wouldn't crash, that I didn't read it.

That's pretty cool.

Shiiiit, it's a proper new MBV album, it's got Bilinda singing and everything. There's a serious risk of me jizzing all over the vinyl when it arrives.

I don't give a toss about being hasty, being only on track 4 and all, but this sounds like a genuine follow-up to Loveless to me rather than a reunion/cash-in on old unreleased stuff. Weird, but I think we would've taken it in our stride if it'd come out in 1993 as just a great MBV album, but it also sounds bang up-to-date coming out now. Ah, ignore me as usual, maybe I'm just old, senile and nostalgic, but I hope they follow this up again in a couple of years rather than 22.

some BoC style far out ness on those last few songs

the whole album is a 10/10 though clearly

yeah there were a few parts on the album that TOTALLY reminded me of boards of canada, but with considerable more fuzz and a drumkit. can't wait to throw the 12" on when it gets here. really liked the stuff at the end too.

btw if anyone can't get through, looks like they uploaded the entire album to youtube at slightly reduced quality.. the fuzz will be a little less crispy i guess, but you'll get the idea:

(edit the link goes to a playlist.. but this site registers it as a single embedded video. too tired to fiddle with things, but it's there if you look.)

Thanks for the update, WATMMers. Just got the MP3s and looking forward to getting the physical (LP, CD) eventually. Listening to it now for the first time. Enjoying it so far. Some heavy doppler effect use on the track that's playing now.

Archived