IGNORED

My Bloody Valentine - mbv

vamos scorcho

Guest Aserinsky

Everything seems okay here, I just downloaded the 24 bit WAVs and it only took 3 minutes to download.

Can't wait to hear this!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aserinsky

I just saw that as well, if these pictures are accurate that's insane they're getting away with it! For anyone that doesn't want to search about this is a comparison someone put up here:

320 mp3:

O1ifXQp.png

24 bit lossless:

P1JsMVd.png

Fantastic 1st listen, it's an amazing whole. The way it keeps on building up towards the finales 2 or 3 tracks is mad.

It sounds like the perfect Loveless follow-up yet it's not Loveless Bis at all.

Loving the production as well, I don't know how they've succeeded in making everything sound so huge, I mean both individual instruments AND songs at the same time. Usually, if you make every single guitar/drums/etc... huge then you'll get a thin sounding song. But here, they don't.

BTW, last track needs more jet plane.

deciding on the volume of jet plane on last track is probably what was delaying this album for so long.

"wait. shit, stop the upload. jet plane needs to be turned just a bit down on last track."

LOL. I had to go listen back for the plane, and then I was like "Hey! That's no plane!"

BTW, last track needs more jet plane.

deciding on the volume of jet plane on last track is probably what was delaying this album for so long.

"wait. shit, stop the upload. jet plane needs to be turned just a bit down on last track."

LOL. I had to go listen back for the plane, and then I was like "Hey! That's no plane!"

deplaneboss.jpg

I mean, they are old people now and they are able to put out a HIGHLY experimental album with catchy hooks, heavy-as-fuck guitars and playful chord progressions that still have a youthful sense of playfulness.

maybe we can live in a better world. a world where people can be over 40 and still make awesome music. all those years of experience should make you better. My generation watched amazing baby boomers become awful stale musicians after they hit 40..but maybe it was just them and not a phenomenon. I really hope so.

ps.. you reckon Kevin has been living off royalties all these years?

i keep wishing that the songs, particularly 4-5 and 8-9 would blend into each other like tortoise's tnt final songs, they kinda share a theme/dominant element so that would be really cool and make the album much more albumy.

Guest Lucy Faringold

This is pretty nice. Nice enveloping production etc but nothing is really fucking me up in the way I hoped it would. I guess I was holding out for something a little bit more experimental.

Feel dumb for even posting an opinion tbh as it hasn't even been out for 24 hrs.

This is pretty nice. Nice enveloping production etc but nothing is really fucking me up in the way I hoped it would. I guess I was holding out for something a little bit more experimental.

Feel dumb for even posting an opinion tbh as it hasn't even been out for 24 hrs.

at least you're not basing your opinion on 30 second clips, and deeming it unsatisfactory due to said clips

after 8 hours of sleep i can confirm this is still amazing.

I still think the last three tracks are a mess :cerious:. I was hoping this was going to be a 10/10 for me.

last three tracks are where the album really takes off. wonder 2 is one of the more forward thinking pieces of music i've heard recently. amazing album.

I'm really fucking into this. It's a LOUD album. Crank it up and it feels live. Astonishing recording, and some bloody (see what I did there) great songs

Archived