IGNORED

Unplayed Geogaddi vinyl on ebay

Guest MindElevation

I'll give you five pounds 50 for it and a guided tour of the forums via CHATMM.

err...or Skype if you are into that sort of thing.

dont come to chatmm we're a bunch of bitter assholes who talk about pretentious bullshit

Also! As a new member you are expected to fill out the 'New Members Exam'.

iWarning! a score less than 35 is a fail and your membership will be revoked! Goodluck!

Edit: I should mention that I believe oscillik has the highest ever score, a 60! Again best of luck!

The racoon speaks the truth!

Guest MindElevation

Why don't you show us your perfectly mint copy of Geogaddi, oscillik?

I would if I had ever claimed that my copy was mint and hadn't been played.

Maybe I should've just described it as having been played the shit out of. It would be a lie, as I have never actually played it. But it would have given the buyer a pleasant surprise.

Maybe I should've just described it as having been played the shit out of. It would be a lie, as I have never actually played it. But it would have given the buyer a pleasant surprise.

sorry for being a dick, but as you seem to already know - it's in my geometry.

to go back to the reason for my even posting, mcbpete has already been a compete gentleman and filled you in on the rules.

and you gotta admit - it's slightly disingenuous to say that something is unplayed when the cellophane is no longer on the record sleeve. and eBay has it's fair share of chancers.

if you still would like to stick around, welcome and watch the ride - this place gets rip roaring hilarious most of the time. great lulz will be had. but make sure you harden any thin skin you may have been used to from twoism, I'd say.

to go back to the reason for my even posting, mcbpete has already been a compete gentleman and filled you in on the rules.

and you gotta admit - it's slightly disingenuous to say that something is unplayed when the cellophane is no longer on the record sleeve. and eBay has it's fair share of chancers.

if you still would like to stick around, welcome and watch the ride - this place gets rip roaring hilarious most of the time. great lulz will be had. but make sure you harden any thin skin you may have been used to from twoism, I'd say.

My Geogaddi vinyl was/is unplayed and it did NOT come wrapped in cellophane - and it came directly from WARP.

My Geogaddi vinyl was/is unplayed and it did NOT come wrapped in cellophane - and it came directly from WARP.

hmm this is getting interesting, because in my time looking for copies of Geogaddi on discogs and eBay, I've seen a few listings for sealed copies. the few every listings I've seen have even shown pictorial evidence of this.

so either you received a special copy from Warp, or one of us has a memory problem. and I'm going to admit right now - I bought mine second hand, NM opened. so I have no personal evidence with my own copy, but could swear I've seen listings that are sealed. maybe they're faking, and sealing it themselves after the fact? it's not too much of a stretch...

"I've seen listings that are sealed. maybe they're faking, and sealing it themselves after the fact? it's not too much of a stretch...

I bet this is actually a huge and common problem for vinyl and cds... I know it is a huge problem for collectible video games (old SNES cartridges etc)...

Yeah the sealing of even new (i.e. current gen) videogames is always pretty suspect on ebay nowadays. It always seems like they use too much plastic at the top and bottom thinner ends - and just doesn't feel the same shiny material as the official sealed boxes have

hmm this is getting interesting, because in my time looking for copies of Geogaddi on discogs and eBay, I've seen a few listings for sealed copies. the few every listings I've seen have even shown pictorial evidence of this.

so either you received a special copy from Warp, or one of us has a memory problem. and I'm going to admit right now - I bought mine second hand, NM opened. so I have no personal evidence with my own copy, but could swear I've seen listings that are sealed. maybe they're faking, and sealing it themselves after the fact? it's not too much of a stretch...

Quite a few of my WARP purchases on vinyl were sealed, but those mostly were single disc EPs and LPs - even my Boom Bip Seed To Sun 2xLP wasn't cello-wrapped. My BoC Trans Canada Highway EP wasn't sealed either.

It's not that hard to get something cello wrapped these days - almost any copy shop has a shrinkwrapper available to hire.

Yeah the sealing of even new (i.e. current gen) videogames is always pretty suspect on ebay nowadays. It always seems like they use too much plastic at the top and bottom thinner ends - and just doesn't feel the same shiny material as the official sealed boxes have

The easiest way to tell "official" shrinkwrap versus a machine (this really only applies to CD jewel cases and DVD boxes) is the tops and bottoms will be "folded" and glued, whereas re-shrinkwrapped items will feature a "seam" along the edge. Record shrinkwrapping usually is like this, and is never the folded variety.

• 2 months later...

there was a cellophane wrapped new copy of Geogaddi at this sorta gimmicky record store/gift shop here in Memphis called Spin Street, probably around 2006 or so......$29.99. I am very sadly not the owner of the said copy.

Also! As a new member you are expected to fill out the 'New Members Exam'.

iWarning! a score less than 35 is a fail and your membership will be revoked! Goodluck!

Edit: I should mention that I believe oscillik has the highest ever score, a 60! Again best of luck!

lol

Archived