IGNORED

Sony Expected To Unveil The Next Playstation Tomorrow

Joyrex

I thought the specs were pretty much the same.

Durango: AMD-provided CPU with 8 cores running at 1.6GHz apiece alongside 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and a GPU running at 800MHz. And the structure reportedly draws from AMD's cost- and power-efficient "Jaguar".

And here's the PS4's specs:

original.png

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the durango is supposed to be having slower ram with some sort of solid state buffering stuff ducktaped on top of it to speed things up. Fuck if I know, I'm not too clever with these things.

They haven't officially released the next Xbox specs have they? Or have I just managed to miss that?

No, they haven't, but the guy who leaked the PS4 specs, which were spot-on, also released the Durango specs. So unless Microsoft decided to turn the hardware up a notch after the reveal of the PS4, the leaked specs should be right on the money.

LOL Killzone 4 looks so fucking shit.

OK troll, I'll bite - what FPS looks better (in your opinion)?

I meant gameplay, not graphics. Should have clarified that.

You're judging gameplay on a short clip? Hardly fair, unless you've played previous entries in the Killzone series - for me, Killzone has always had the best "feeling" weapons - in other words, using a weapon in the game conveys a sense of power and heft the real-world equivalent would have (if such a weapon existed). Most other FPS games (Battlefield, Cod, Halo), just seem to lack that. Of course, that's just my opinion...

I'm biased. I'm not really into FPS games at the moment, last one I played and properly enjoyed was Far Cry 3 and that was more for the island exploration side of things. Military alien kill kill shootie games just don't do it for me anymore. Also it just look massively unoriginal.

Case in point, Tokyo Jungle was one of the most fun things I've played in ages.

I'm biased. I'm not really into FPS games at the moment, last one I played and properly enjoyed was Far Cry 3 and that was more for the island exploration side of things. Military alien kill kill shootie games just don't do it for me anymore. Also it just look massively unoriginal.

Case in point, Tokyo Jungle was one of the most fun things I've played in ages.

Indeed, Tokyo Jungle is great - that's why I like the PS3 (and Sony in general) because they take more risks with games like this.

You're judging gameplay on a short clip? Hardly fair, unless you've played previous entries in the Killzone series - for me, Killzone has always had the best "feeling" weapons - in other words, using a weapon in the game conveys a sense of power and heft the real-world equivalent would have (if such a weapon existed). Most other FPS games (Battlefield, Cod, Halo), just seem to lack that. Of course, that's just my opinion...

This is WATMM, where Autechre albums are pre-emptively figured out to be bad from 30 second snippets in low resolution audio.

This is WATMM, where Autechre albums are pre-emptively figured out to be bad from 30 second snippets in low resolution audio.

LOL, right - sometimes I forget "normal" real-world rules don't apply here :emotawesomepm9:

The whole point of a gameplay clip is so people can judge the game on the gameplay clip.

They treating gamers to this wonderful spectacle of a game that starts beautiful and colourful before snapping back to same old brown and grey durrrr shooty shooty aliens die die die ratatatatatatat HOO RAH DURRRR, yeah I'm totally judging the game on a gameplay clip.

I doubt Killzone 4 is going to be so layered and emotional that playing through it from beginning to end is going to make me have some incredible revelation that I was only SUPPOSED to think it's a cookie cutter bog standard shooty shooty game.

The comparison between watching a several minute video of gameplay and 30 seconds of music is quite obviously flawed and idiotic and Oscillik is ugly and gay.

Interesting read from Bioware on difference between current and next gen consoles, the metaphor they use is it will be like the difference between DVD and Blu-Ray to a lot of non hardcore buyers, and is that upgrade worth another $400-500?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/bioware-next-gen-leap-wont-be-as-obvious-6404405

The whole point of a gameplay clip is so people can judge the game on the gameplay clip.

They treating gamers to this wonderful spectacle of a game that starts beautiful and colourful before snapping back to same old brown and grey durrrr shooty shooty aliens die die die ratatatatatatat HOO RAH DURRRR, yeah I'm totally judging the game on a gameplay clip.

I doubt Killzone 4 is going to be so layered and emotional that playing through it from beginning to end is going to make me have some incredible revelation that I was only SUPPOSED to think it's a cookie cutter bog standard shooty shooty game.

The comparison between watching a several minute video of gameplay and 30 seconds of music is quite obviously flawed and idiotic and Oscillik is ugly and gay.

and a lol was had

and a lol was had

FFS, it's a GAME - just enjoy the fucking game if you like shooters, DON'T play the game if you don't - but you can't argue that technically, it's a step forward, and who knows - by the time the game does come out, it might actually be good!

It just gets on my tits when somebody slags something (anything) off without a fair judgement.

In other news, Eurogamer has done a detailed analysis of Killzone 4 - interesting what they have to say this gameplay clip says about the next generation of games:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-killzone-shadow-fall-demo-tech-analysis

They also have an interesting article on the whole Aliens: Colonel Marines game debacle.

judging from a complete outsider perspective the step forward is minuscule, at least graphically speaking. I think part of the reason it's hard to tell is because from a design point of view the game looks bland as all hell. It has a very similar color palette to other FPS games, similar looking destruction and environments. I'm waiting to see a game that is in some way innovative in design before judging the 'jump' in technology.

judging from a complete outsider perspective the step forward is minuscule, at least graphically speaking. I think part of the reason it's hard to tell is because from a design point of view the game looks bland as all hell. It has a very similar color palette to other FPS games, similar looking destruction and environments. I'm waiting to see a game that is in some way innovative in design before judging the 'jump' in technology.

While not a graphical powerhouse, Jonathan Blow's upcoming the The Witness looks innovative design-wise:

Archived