IGNORED

Sony Expected To Unveil The Next Playstation Tomorrow

Joyrex

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

izZWw9j6v7tvJ.gif

to me this is a pretty significant jump because there seems to be a level of lushness to the clarity and aliasing of the image that allows the eyes to not be distracted like they have been since the dawn of 3D games. 2D in many ways still has quite a lot of visual appeal because its simplicity suits it.

pretty sure leaves aren't moving

come on, sort it out

What's this used games you guys keep going on about?

Pre-owned games. You know, games that have been used by somebody else. There's been loads of gubbins about console manufacturers putting blocks on pre-owned games on the new consoles.

What's this used games you guys keep going on about?

Pre-owned games. You know, games that have been used by somebody else. There's been loads of gubbins about console manufacturers putting blocks on pre-owned games on the new consoles.

That's a bitch alright, imagine the loss stores who rent games would have.

doubt that even current high-end gfx cards could output 4k (which is roughly x4 pixels than the 1080p) with modern games, chances are that ps4 is sporting something analogous to hd7870.

ps3 came out in late 2006 and has something akin to 7800gtx, when 8800s were already out by that time.

you're right, they can't really push games at decent speeds.

but my current graphics card (GTX 560) can be used to game at 2560x1600, and the current generation of high end cards can handle 7680x1600 (3x 2560x1600 monitors in eyefinity setup).

But realistically, it makes sense to have a console restricted to 1080p since no-one playing at home is gonna be using a 4K television for quite some time.

I agree - there's simply no need when there's nary any 4K content, let alone the percentage of 4K set owners is probably well under 1% right now. Even the vast majority of PC monitors these days only do 1080P resolution, despite most graphics cards being capable of much more.

I'd rather have 1080P/60FPS games than 4K @ 30FPS. It will be curious when we get to see the first real batch of PS4 games (and the next XBOX) what spec they really run at - I hope they all can achieve the 1080P/60 spec as 1080P/30 would be disappointing, although I fear that will be the norm just like 720P/30 is these days for most PS3/360 games.

60fps means you have literally half as much processing time per frame. If you are really taking advantage of the hardware, that means the game has the potential to look substantially better if you target 30fps. I would rather have a substantially better looking game running at 30fps than a lesser one running at 60fps.

Yeah, you're right - I too would rather have a solid 30FPS @ 1080P than a dull 60FPS, like CoD 4 was. Nice framrate, poor graphics.

And, for anyone doubting Killzone 4 was a real-time, playable demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGlu3e9kdks

I wonder if they implement technology that blocks used games if either Gamestop would sue or there would be a class action. I think record companies tried to go to court back in the day to stop used CD sales on the same licensing premise and lost, so cite that as precedent and claim they are blocking the rights of the second hand market.

Gamefly, Netflix and Blockbuster would be immediately out of the game rental business if this shit goes thru. Im Betting Sony will come up with some lameass solution like making you buy a "discount" license to reaccess a used game. Kinda like Dice and others will sell you a license to play online that every bloke who bought it new got for fucking free.

Gamefly, Netflix and Blockbuster would be immediately out of the game rental business if this shit goes thru. Im Betting Sony will come up with some lameass solution like making you buy a "discount" license to reaccess a used game. Kinda like Dice and others will sell you a license to play online that every bloke who bought it new got for fucking free.

it's not happening.

at least not yet. maybe the generation after...

LOL Killzone 4 looks so fucking shit.

Why do you say that? Looks pretty decent to my eyes... I don't understand why the series gets so much hate? So yeah they pulled a shitty move pre-rendering a gameplay video while marketing once, big deal, they're still solid games. Killzone 2 was great, and playing Killzone 3 co-op with a friend was a good time. What looks so bad about this new one?

Killzone is pretty annoying to look at. There seems to be a million effects and tons of bloom all over the screen at all times. It might be realistic, but it hurts my head.

The part where he flies over the city is pretty amazing though. Goddam.

Pretty interesting story about SuperDaE, the guy who leaked all the Orbis and Durango documents and put a Durango Dev Kit up for sale on eBay, on Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5986239/the-rise-and-fall-of-superdae-a-most-unusual-video-game-hacker

It's a pretty long article but definitely interesting and worth reading.

hm..

looking forward to that new MGS, the trailer (which has been out for several months..?) evokes the bleakness of the PS1 nuclear disposal facility....

other than that... graphics schmaphics, i'd have to try really hard pretending to be impressed by those games.

They were talking about blocking used games back in 2005 before the last gen. If they did that I think a large portion of console users would say f this might as well just do tablet, smartphone gaming and forget consoles altogether. They are saying console gaming has hit the ceiling as is and more and more people will just be using their personal devices.

Guest bitroast

Pretty interesting story about SuperDaE, the guy who leaked all the Orbis and Durango documents and put a Durango Dev Kit up for sale on eBay, on Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5986239/the-rise-and-fall-of-superdae-a-most-unusual-video-game-hacker

It's a pretty long article but definitely interesting and worth reading.

lol.

"Dylan has maintained that he is merely curious. He says he's not even a huge gamer, that he just liked the challenge of seeing if he could poke around and find things out. That's why, he says, he tried to hack his way into Valve. He claims that a 2011 hack was his, but that Valve described it all wrong. There were no credit card numbers obtained, he said, offering me no proof he really did the hack. He said he was just looking for Half-Life 3—and didn't manage to find anything about it. Valve declined to comment for this story."

lol. what a response. "don't mind me. sorry. i was just looking for half life 3."

OK troll, I'll bite - what FPS looks better (in your opinion)?

I meant gameplay, not graphics. Should have clarified that.

OK troll, I'll bite - what FPS looks better (in your opinion)?

I meant gameplay, not graphics. Should have clarified that.

Yeah, gameplay-wise it looks very down the road, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Well, I'm excited for this. As far as I know the next xbox has a weaker spec, and boy oh boy if they have the same failure rate as the last time round, they're fucked. I'm convinced I'll go playstation next console gen, unless ms bring some serious black magic future tech to the table.

I think games this gen are pretty amazing, and this definitely opens up a lot of room for improvement, so what's to hate? PC master race don't have to buy one.

Archived