IGNORED

Warp just posted this on Facebook....

futureimage

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really loving either of these broadcasts. While it's neat to hear the 'musical blueprint' that inspired Autechre i feel like it needs a little less hiphop and early rave music. Surely they were inspired by much less poppy music than this too, but it's barely in here.

I'm not really loving either of these broadcasts. While it's neat to hear the 'musical blueprint' that inspired Autechre i feel like it needs a little less hiphop and early rave music. Surely they were inspired by much less poppy music than this too, but it's barely in here.

I like the rave stuff, not so much the hiphop. Some of the cool 80s stuff they played earlier was pretty great though.

Guest Shadow GriZZly

I like when they throw more strange, experimental tracks, but i doubt that we'll hear a set consisting of them only. But it would be great to hear some of their more experimental influences, which they obviously have. One can dream though...

LOL @ autechre's profile linking to the wikipedia page for 'sticker'. Especially when one of the wiki images is a Skrillex car sticker.

This track at 9:58 sounds like old unreleased, in the vein of Oval Moon IBC. So much good stuff on this mix :music:

Yeah I was hoping the second broadcast would showcase more of their experimental electronic inspirations

I dunno, 10/20 hours of experimental stuff would have been a bit pointless imo. There's much more fun to be had mashing beats together than just crossfading a bunch of avantgarde noise stuff. That said, I did enjoy the bursts of more avantgarde music here and there.

Archived