IGNORED

Warp just posted this on Facebook....

futureimage

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sir Karl Popper's most important papers call it the "objective world of things". There's a third world, the world of objective contents of thoughts. Teilhard De Chardin calls it "nousphere", that is, the world of the mind.

Frege too! and ... Plato.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."

It was nice of them to say hello wasn't it?

I dunno, 10/20 hours of experimental stuff would have been a bit pointless imo. There's much more fun to be had mashing beats together than just crossfading a bunch of avantgarde noise stuff. That said, I did enjoy the bursts of more avantgarde music here and there.

that's not really what i was hoping for. It would be pretty awesome if they just devoted a few hours to weirder stuff or darker stuff. Doesn't have to be totally beat-less or 'avant-garde'. We've been hearing what rave, hip hop, and early artificial intelligence era IDM music they like for the past 3 broadcasts, something going well beyond that expectation would have been phenomenal. I thought a good 1/5th of it was pretty top notch, The inclusion of This Heat, Coil, Mick Harris, David Lych and Tangerine Dream was nice but in all not really worth listening to all the way through. Made good house cleaning music though, cant deny that.

*waits for people to say mention 'who am i to tell them what they should play'*

well i'm a random listener, who's been frankly bored by a lot of the stuff they DJ on these broadcasts.

I dunno, 10/20 hours of experimental stuff would have been a bit pointless imo. There's much more fun to be had mashing beats together than just crossfading a bunch of avantgarde noise stuff. That said, I did enjoy the bursts of more avantgarde music here and there.

that's not really what i was hoping for. It would be pretty awesome if they just devoted a few hours to weirder stuff or darker stuff. Doesn't have to be totally beat-less or 'avant-garde'. We've been hearing what rave, hip hop, and early artificial intelligence era IDM music they like for the past 3 broadcasts, something going well beyond that expectation would have been phenomenal. I thought a good 1/5th of it was pretty top notch, The inclusion of This Heat, Coil, Mick Harris, David Lych and Tangerine Dream was nice but in all not really worth listening to all the way through. Made good house cleaning music though, cant deny that.

*waits for people to say mention 'who am i to tell them what they should play'*

well i'm a random listener, who's been frankly bored by a lot of the stuff they DJ on these broadcasts.

Agree with this. Haven't heard nearly all of it or anything, and I thoroughly enjoyed a large chunk, but more variety that sustained moods or whatnot would have been more amazing to listen to from start to finish. I can see why they did it this way though at the same time. Most listeners just hop on at random times and generally would be off put if they initially heard the middle part of some weird shit. In this sense they did a good job of exploring a lot of trippy sounds but with the hook of a solid beat. There were some pretty radical track combos.

Awepittance: aren't you a bit honored you were the only one they responded to in that waterfall of silly chat posts? Meaning they know your name and possibly enjoy your stuff. (:

(Or is that nothing new to you?)

Guest disoriental express

I reveled in the music they spun. It was mega deliciousness of the highest order.

Guess i'm not jaded enough..... :mcgriff:

you guys are bogarting chatmm again

didn't see the Steve Miller Band opener coming, lol

did they really? i missed the broadcast sunday, but on saturday in chatmm i totally made a joke asking when they were gonna play Steve Miller Band. no lie.

THEY KNOW

Awepittance: aren't you a bit honored you were the only one they responded to in that waterfall of silly chat posts? Meaning they know your name and possibly enjoy your stuff. (:

They did respond? What did they say?

you guys are bogarting chatmm again

didn't see the Steve Miller Band opener coming, lol

did they really? i missed the broadcast sunday, but on saturday in chatmm i totally made a joke asking when they were gonna play Steve Miller Band. no lie.

THEY KNOW

They are Luxemburg

*forgets when bike plays*

Did you still play the mix at your store when you left chatmm? Any more reaction anecdotes?

Also I wanted to ask you "what the hell kind of store is open on sundays" but then I remembered it was friday

There's been some good stuff on these, but I do find these broadcasts slightly frustrating. Listening to their live sets it's clear they're sitting on a colossal amount of really good unreleased material - if they're totally set on never releasing it in a conventional way, why not slip some of it out on these?

Guest jasondonervan

Listening to their live sets it's clear they're sitting on a colossal amount of really good unreleased material - if they're totally set on never releasing it in a conventional way, why not slip some of it out on these?

Warp30

Listening to their live sets it's clear they're sitting on a colossal amount of really good unreleased material - if they're totally set on never releasing it in a conventional way, why not slip some of it out on these?

Warp30

Bandcamp

if they put soundboards up on bandcamp, it would be ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

i wasn't on long enough to realize that i was the only one responded to, i'm happy that they answered my question. I really dont think that they've heard any of my music though. But of course it would be an honor if one of my favorite musical acts ever dug my stuff, a man can only dream!

Archived