20 minutes ago, Squee said:

Are we just posting random shit now? Each time this thread is bumped I get excited for a season 4 or breaking news that Lynch has died. 

squee
once a day, everyday, give yourself a present. don't plan it, just let it happen

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

3 hours ago, Squee said:

Are we just posting random shit now? Each time this thread is bumped I get excited for a season 4 or breaking news that Lynch has died. 

Lynch dying excites you ?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, oscillik said:

Haha Season 4 ain't happening.

I heard there was a screening of the final ep of S3 that Lynch attended, and someone asked him after the final scene if there would eventually be more episodes and he was quoted as saying 'that's the end' - all he said - but the person asking did not know if he was referring to the series or if it was a metaphysical statement of some sort.

1 hour ago, decibal cooper said:

'that's the end' - all he said - but the person asking did not know if he was referring to the series or if it was a metaphysical statement of some sort.

You're starting to sound like a boc fan here.

• Haha 2

I watched the Terrence Malick film Knight of Cups this weekend (not sure how I feel about it except that I like the style and editing a lot, some sequences seem to hearken back to the heights of American experimental film and old school Soviet montage stuff) - also the film is bursting at the seams with beautiful women in sexy outfits. Anyway, one of the themes seemed to be about difficult relationships between father and son, and I was very surprised when Malick used the audio from that scene in Twin Peaks, pretty much the whole dialogue, when Bobby and Major Briggs meet by chance at the Double R Diner and have a very moving exchange with one another. Really caught me off guard, but I remember reading that Malick and Lynch went to the same film school in Los Angeles and that Malick maybe even tried to help him get funding for Eraserhead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, decibal cooper said:

also the film is bursting at the seams with beautiful women in sexy outfits.

*downloads*

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2024 at 1:04 PM, decibal cooper said:

I watched the Terrence Malick film Knight of Cups this weekend (not sure how I feel about it except that I like the style and editing a lot, some sequences seem to hearken back to the heights of American experimental film and old school Soviet montage stuff) - also the film is bursting at the seams with beautiful women in sexy outfits. Anyway, one of the themes seemed to be about difficult relationships between father and son, and I was very surprised when Malick used the audio from that scene in Twin Peaks, pretty much the whole dialogue, when Bobby and Major Briggs meet by chance at the Double R Diner and have a very moving exchange with one another. Really caught me off guard, but I remember reading that Malick and Lynch went to the same film school in Los Angeles and that Malick maybe even tried to help him get funding for Eraserhead.

yeah this was a strange movie. i was sort of shocked by that. also really shocked that at some point someone was doing the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. Super cool film but quite puzzling and hard to know how to watch it. i think malick has been making some pretty challenging movies since tree of life where for me they feel powerful once i snap out of this "do i like this?" kind of frame of mind and instead just go with the strange flow and experience it. 

• Like 2