IGNORED

New Coldplay single 'Midnight' produced by Jon Hopkins

Goiter Sanchez

God that's horrid.

yes. can't see why people like this. granted, i've always hated coldplay, but i really like jon hopkins and i think this track is just bland and shitty.

Sent from hell using fire

Guest murphythecat8

Right when the singing began, It definitely sounds like bon iver.

It sounds like jon hopkins honestly, but its boring like coldplay.

The synth line is good. the only reason this is decent is jon hopkins

I love jon hopkins

Pretty daring move to use this as a first single for their new album. Contrasts nice with all those Katy Perry, Cyrus and Biebster songs.

...which are the daily diet...

We're listening to it because it's got producer cred but completely ignored was the (what I thought was) amazing (un-Jon Hopkinsed) Coldplay song from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack starring the late, great Philip Seymour Hoffman (love it up you heartless cold fucks).

with a hella better video to boot. This is peanut butter covered vage:

We're listening to it because it's got producer cred but completely ignored was the (what I thought was) amazing (un-Jon Hopkinsed) Coldplay song from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack starring the late, great Philip Seymour Hoffman (love it up you heartless cold fucks).

That is beautiful! I can understand why Coldplay get hate on (tremendously popular acts tend to draw the 'indie' ire) but at the same time it seems unwarranted. There are so many worse acts out there.

seeing as i'm going to hear this song out an about a lot, i'd rather they try to sound like someone i like than someone i don't like. sure, it's not a john hopkins song, but it's not terrible. and it could be a lot worse: could be aping arcade fire or something like that.

maybe one of these goofy super huge bands work with The Field or Pantha next?

• 3 weeks later...

I heard this song on the radio finally, it was a radio edit that sounded nothing like the track posted here.

Guest Spunk Monkey

Fucking shit

• 1 month later...

The review for Coldplay's new album 'Ghost Stories' is in at The Quietus:

http://thequietus.com/articles/15274-coldplay-ghost-stories-review

"I would rather eat an entire f***ing yurt, washed down with f***ing beige paint recently shat out of an incontinent yak’s anus!"

Archived