IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I'm forcing myself to make a track a day so I can actually learn how to make electronic music. But I'm starting from a place of total ignorance and it's so fucking overwhelming.

Don't know how to get a sequencer, or, say, Massive to actually play when opening reaktor as a vsti in Reaper yet :/

Can start with sounds from Metaphysical Function and tweak, tho.

Edited by baph

I'm forcing myself to make a track a day so I can actually learn how to make electronic music. But I'm starting from a place of total ignorance and it's so fucking overwhelming.

Don't know how to get a sequencer, or, say, Massive to actually play when opening reaktor as a vsti in Reaper yet :/

Can start with sounds from Metaphysical Function and tweak, tho.

I just fucked about with presets for years until I had messed around with things enough to know what happens when you twist what knobs.

Then I went to college for synthesis :whistling:

Just make beats for rappers and get paid in duffel bags full of drug money. Then laugh at Haxan Cloak being ripped off by Jay-Z.

bank holiday party in the mountains, couple of rigs, sifted crates of old & new tunes, pvt land so no police interruptions, old friends not seen for too long, special-fx and out of the wheelchair long enough to finally swing my pants

tues/weds next week off too,,,,,, #beprepared

Couldn't wait for new Trailer Park Boys for quite some time then watched the new season in 2 days.

Fuck sake!

lol that's what we're doing tonight. Cheeseburger, chips and really cheap liquor party (plastic bottle vodka lol) too. Gotta keep the experience authentic.

Couldn't wait for new Trailer Park Boys for quite some time then watched the new season in 2 days.

Fuck sake!

lol that's what we're doing tonight. Cheeseburger, chips and really cheap liquor party (plastic bottle vodka lol) too. Gotta keep the experience authentic.

Premium vodka is huge scam anyways.

So I went in my first da... Oh, sorry...

Dear Diary:

So I went in my first date yesterday. It was really my first date, like, ever, and one I actually wanted (or at least I told her to). It was really okay, nothing special. But, welp, I learned some important shit. I don't really feel nothing special for the girl, I just wanted to do it, since I'm in a life-changing phase for the good at these moments. If she talks to me again, good, if not, good. I did it, and I'm happy.

So I went in my first da... Oh, sorry...

Dear Diary:

So I went in my first date yesterday. It was really my first date, like, ever, and one I actually wanted (or at least I told her to). It was really okay, nothing special. But, welp, I learned some important shit. I don't really feel nothing special for the girl, I just wanted to do it, since I'm in a life-changing phase for the good at these moments. If she talks to me again, good, if not, good. I did it, and I'm happy.

Hey that's progress right. You've still got more experience than me in that game.

Fuck sake!

How? a 20 quid bottle of bodka tastes about 6 times nicer than a 10 quid one.

Fuck sake!

Numerous blind taste tests have shown that people can't tell vodkas apart, which is as you'd expect given that vodka is an odorless, colourless, and flavourless. This holds even more true if you're mixing it in cocktails. The creator of grey goose is on record as saying that the product is just marketing.

Well, Vodka definitely has a taste. And Green Mark, which isn't particularly expensive but is a good vodka, is smoother going down. Which is why it's nice to sip neat.

Never actually tried Grey Goose tbh.

Flavourless as in not flavoured (added flavours) but it definitely has a taste.

And I can definitely tell cheap vodka from good vodka! Not sure about the high end stuff (60-80-$100 type of thing) but I can definitely tell a difference between say, Smirnoff (shit) and something like spirytus or wyborowa (good).

Polish vodka seems to be the best in general, IMO.

Edited by StephenG

Dollars to donuts you can't. Get a friend to set up a blind taste test for you.

Edit: Smirnoff often came out on top in blind taste tests.

I'm not saying you'd be able to distinguish one brand from another necessarily, just that low quality vodkas have characteristics that make them decidedly less pleasant than others. Unnecessary burn at the back of your throat, and a weird rubbery aftertaste.

Just a note, I'm not correlating price to quality all the time. Wyborowa for example is less than $30. But you can definitely tell this $17 bottle of highwood vodka is a $17 bottle of vodka lol.

Edit: this is a decent short article on it. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/food-and-wine/wine/if-vodka-is-just-ethanol-is-it-essentially-all-the-same-from-brand-to-brand/article22178962/

The differences in flavour are due to the quality of the raw materials and the distilling process...

Edited by StephenG

He should have had Spirytus in the competition! Even at 96% alcohol it goes down smoother than other vodkas. Also it has the lowest highest (whoops) amount of distillate possible in a spirit, meaning less flavourants..

Edited by StephenG

Fuck sake!

Numerous blind taste tests have shown that people can't tell vodkas apart, which is as you'd expect given that vodka is an odorless, colourless, and flavourless. This holds even more true if you're mixing it in cocktails. The creator of grey goose is on record as saying that the product is just marketing.

well, numerous blind people are complete idiots. you can taste the difference between glenns and stolichnaya, and anyone who cant is probably having a stroke.

as a side note, smirnoff is even worse tasting than glenns.

also, vodka is odourless? what are you on about.

Edited by messiaen

Go on then, put your money where your mouth is. Set up a blind taste test and video it.

True vodka is supposed to be odorless, colourless, and tasteless.

As StephenG, taste does come into play because of impurities in the distilling process, so I'll grant you that absolute shite moonshine will have flavour, because it comes from fucked up stills.

But to pull a "no true Scotsman" fallacy, I've drank vodka with Russians, and the shit they drink is pure nothing that gets you blind in a hurry.

I cant be bothered videoing anything, but i often get handed vodka mixers without being told what it is, and you can tell a glenns, rachmaninoff, or smirnoff, from a stoli, russian standard., belvedere or whatever. i dont doubt the difference between a 20 quid bottle and a 40 quid bottle is negligible, but the cheap stuff tastes completely different, no shadow of a doubt.