IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this activity around BoC got me through their discography again - have to say that Geoggadi blows me more than ever, I can't stop listening to it. TCH is really good as well, I feel like it's finally unfolding. Discovering IABPOITC and Twoism which are great. But I just can't get into MHTRTC...Feel like it's an overrated release :shrug:

whoajoey.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

. But I just can't get into MHTRTC...Feel like it's an overrated release :shrug:

ZmKTR2l.jpg

All this activity around BoC got me through their discography again - have to say that Geoggadi blows me more than ever, I can't stop listening to it. TCH is really good as well, I feel like it's finally unfolding. Discovering IABPOITC and Twoism which are great. But I just can't get into MHTRTC...Feel like it's an overrated release :shrug:

For 1998? Comparable to everything else being done, it was well ahead of it's time. You're talking about fifteen years of people listening to this album and allowing it to influence their writing.

I've been listening to the LPs in rotation lately, and what I'm noticing now is the evolution they've undergone from album to album. MHTRTC was stiched together, and somewhat robotic in it's composition when compared to Geogaddi, which focused less on rhythm and more on the entire composition of the song, with more complex progressions than it's predecessor. TCH sounds like the focus was tighter when it came to melodic composition, rather than just the chord structures. Some of that guitar work is actually very impressive, when you consider the way most guitar players use the instrument as either a lead melody or for the chord foundation. I'm not sure I'm communicating my point clearly, but when I listen to how they are playing the guitar, it's not a style I'm accostomed to in folk, rock, blues, or jazz. I'll admit here that I didn't like TCH at first, and at the time would have preferred Geogaddi 2, but it has grown on me over time, and I do appreciate it.

i always found the earlier albums took me ages to get into,but TCH seemed to click straight away and i still like it just as much as their other stuff

Usually, the instant-like kind of music isn't the one that stays with you for a long time... in my experience

Usually, the instant-like kind of music isn't the one that stays with you for a long time... in my experience

yes yes absolutely yes

most of my favorite albums are stuff I hated on first listen

(btw, I hated TCH on first listen)

Guest Ando

I'm refusing to shave my beard until this album comes out

I haven't shaved roughly since the announcement to see how it would grow so I may as well join in

I was gonna ask what font this album was in. I'm such a dork for BoC I used the MHTRTC on my cycle blog. I'll probably use this one for my tree planting one :)

ljBwl7u.jpg

ZelOSJo.jpg

Just a photoshop, for the love of god don't sue me, I'm already poor.

sanderson.

sanderson.

sanderson.

I wonder if BOC anticipated that the final number would be discovered so quickly. It was pretty well hidden. And it took some major dork superpowers to uncover it as rapidly as it was.

I wonder if BOC anticipated that the final number would be discovered so quickly. It was pretty well hidden. And it took some major dork superpowers to uncover it as rapidly as it was.

I'm sure the codes where found faster than expected.

by warp.

I'm sure the codes where found faster than expected.

by warp.

Warp probably expected discovery of the sequences to take a month.

Archived