IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Oscillick - to say that anyone who disagrees with your view on the album is a fanboy is a bit unfair. Granted some might be, but not everyone who likes the album thinks that BoC are the be-all-and-end-all.

Oscillick - to say that anyone who disagrees with your view on the album is a fanboy is a bit unfair. Granted some might be, but not everyone who likes the album thinks that BoC are the be-all-and-end-all.

I'm not saying that anyone who disagrees with my opinion is a fanboy, I'm saying that anyone who says that I am wrong is a fanboy.

It's a subjective opinion. It cannot be wrong.

Guest disoriental express

Judging by the polarization going on, TH is most definitely something that either resonates with you or not. It's a divergence of personal taste.

I think one of the key underpinnings of this is the difference in melodic styles on TH compared to their past works which were generally more playful and light-hearted.

What they've done on TH really resonates with me unlike anything they've done before. I mean, I always enjoyed listening to BoC but TH takes it to a whole other level.

Edited by disoriental express

Judging by the polarization going on, TH is most definitely something that either resonates with you or not. It's a divergence of personal taste.

I think one of the key underpinnings of this is the difference in melodic styles on TH compared to their past works which were generally more playful and light-hearted.

What they've done on TH really resonates with me unlike anything they've done before. I mean, I always enjoyed listening to BoC but TH takes it to a whole other level.

total agreement :beer:

I'm not saying that anyone who disagrees with my opinion is a fanboy, I'm saying that anyone who says that I am wrong is a fanboy.

It's a subjective opinion. It cannot be wrong.

Agreed... some people defend that their opinion on something subjective so vehemently it makes you wonder...

Guest feralkittens

There's a chance this could become one of my favorite albums of all time, so it seems silly to be mad or argue with someone who doesn't like it. I'm way too happy to care that someone has different taste, but I do feel for the fact people were disappointed by something they looked forward to.

Had a good listen to this again today. I try not to go overkill on albums, even ones I love....

Some of you mention lack of standout tracks. I think you're missing the point, as this album is obviously meant to be listened from beginning to end, like (a very famous example) DSOTM. Doe's that have standout tracks? Perhaps Time or Money but TH just bleeds from one track to another. There are no obvious 'hit singles'. I can see an inkling of criticism about them not furthering their sound, it is still old school BOC, and no one on Earth sounds like them so does it matter?

This just a fucking awesome album imo.

Had a good listen to this again today. I try not to go overkill on albums, even ones I love....

Some of you mention lack of standout tracks. I think you're missing the point, as this album is obviously meant to be listened from beginning to end, like (a very famous example) DSOTM. Doe's that have standout tracks? Perhaps Time or Money but TH just bleeds from one track to another. There are no obvious 'hit singles'. I can see an inkling of criticism about them not furthering their sound, it is still old school BOC, and no one on Earth sounds like them so does it matter?

This just a fucking awesome album imo.

I'd agree with you here if the tracks weren't "faded to black", or if there weren't two tracks 'released' separately, but the majority of the tracks are faded to black and two tracks were publicly played and at least one of them was clearly a 'single'.

Guest Gravity

Oscillik, you've only listened to it once through right? You should definitely give it a few more plays, a lot of tracks that disinterested you at first will probably come into focus. Or are you waiting for the vinyl to arrive before doing that?

Because I wasn't too keen on it upon my first listen.

Oscillik, you've only listened to it once through right? You should definitely give it a few more plays, a lot of tracks that disinterested you at first will probably come into focus. Or are you waiting for the vinyl to arrive before doing that?

Because I wasn't too keen on it upon my first listen.

I will be giving it more plays, I pre-ordered and spent money when I should really have held restraint. My own fault there, of course.

But I will give it more listens.

Well those of you who don't like the album? The t-shirts are pretty cool :biggrin:

I got the silver one, I think I'll be getting a green one too.

Edited by beerwolf

What a dreamy album. I love it. Blasted it this afternoon throughout the house. Now through headphones I hear a completely different album. It just feels good to have some new BOC for my earholes. Nothing sounds like BOC. Nothing..... Nothing.

What a dreamy album. I love it. Blasted it this afternoon throughout the house. Now through headphones I hear a completely different album. It just feels good to have some new BOC for my earholes. Nothing sounds like BOC. Nothing..... Nothing.

I thought quite a few artists sounds like BoC?

I thought quite a few artists sounds like BoC?

Some try.

hmm dropped 27 lids on the vinyl today, certainly not a brilliant album, i'd go average, first listen though, nut ya know, brilliant albums will hot you immediately. Anyway a bit steep price wise but hopefully worth it

hmm dropped 27 lids on the vinyl today, certainly not a brilliant album, i'd go average, first listen though, nut ya know, brilliant albums will hot you immediately. Anyway a bit steep price wise but hopefully worth it

€27 = £22 approx.

yeah that's kinda expensive