IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Guest Enter a new display name

Listening to the album as a whole is a way more interesting experience than re-listening to individual tracks. I feel the tracks have more purpose in the context of the album than when they are standalone.

Guest Enter a new display name

I have one small complaint about this album and that is the transition from Collapse and Palace Posy. It's so sudden and kind of ruins the flow.

I don't really enjoy the first half of Palace Posy. It reminds me too much of the obnoxious melodies from Oversteps.

Guest disoriental express

I have one small complaint about this album and that is the transition from Collapse and Palace Posy. It's so sudden and kind of ruins the flow.

I think that might be the point. It kind of jolts you into a different frame of mind for the second half of the record. It's certainly an intentional anomaly, but the reason for it is up to the listener in the end I guess. I think it adds a nice, dynamic little moment to the record since the rest of the transitions involve fading.

It's also interesting to note that the anomalous part of the transition (in terms of the overall album flow) is actually the end of Collapse and not the beginning of Palace Posy, since there are several songs that don't fade in but every song except Collapse fades out.

Edited by disoriental express

Guest blakeboogie

Well still no FLACS for us UK folk, doesn't matter anyway, Vinyl arrives tomorrow and I'm really loving this release.

Go to the "Music" section of your dashboard instead of just that first page. When you hover over TH it should let you download the FLACs there.

Cheers, downloading now.

I'd been listening to Boards of Canada since 1998 & i cannot say that i'm impressed. Well, i'll give the record another spin. wait & see...

It only gets worse I'm afraid... I'm hoping they have some other music for us waiting in the form of an EP maybe? (and that it doesn't sound like a score from a horror film)

Edited by acroyear

It's been out for a day (officially) for most people - no more than a week for the majority who heard it via the livestream (and a bit longer for a few others) - I'd say if you didn't like it at first, give it some time and see what happens. I'm fortunate that it gets better and better with each re-listen (although I strangely find myself unable to listen to just one track - I have to hear it beginning to end, as a complete work).

Guest disoriental express

I'd been listening to Boards of Canada since 1998 & i cannot say that i'm impressed. Well, i'll give the record another spin. wait & see...

It only gets worse I'm afraid... I'm hoping they have some other music for us waiting in the form of an EP maybe? (and that it doesn't sound like a score from a horror film)

I thought you said were lovin it the other night blastin it while drivin around.... what happened? :cerious:

Not sure if this has been picked up yet, but the intro of Gemini (after the "tada VHS intro jingle" thing) made me instantly think:

Also, there are several moments on the album where I expect BoC to break into this:

It's been out for a day (officially) for most people - no more than a week for the majority who heard it via the livestream (and a bit longer for a few others) - I'd say if you didn't like it at first, give it some time and see what happens. I'm fortunate that it gets better and better with each re-listen (although I strangely find myself unable to listen to just one track - I have to hear it beginning to end, as a complete work).

Yup.

although I strangely find myself unable to listen to just one track - I have to hear it beginning to end, as a complete work

for me its exactly the opposite. I have to jump tracks all the time as I did listen to Reach For The Dead about 200 times before the album was released so I am bit more into the other tracks now

I was going to post about how I'm just going through the whole album every time and not skipping around

and that's exactly why I don't listen to individual tracks beforehand @o00o

Edited by jules

Well pretty much every track has 'clicked' for me after a week of listening. It's a great album.

Jacquard Causeway was the latest... something about the 3/4 beat combined with 4/4 synths was doing my head in, but once I stopped 'listening' in 3/4, and started following the synths for the rhythm, with the beat as a kind of counterpoint, the whole thing opened up... by the time the eutow-style synths start up the whole track becomes kind of overwhelming and beautiful. Very clever stuff, I don't think I've heard a track like that before.

Edited by danshoebridge

Well pretty much every track has 'clicked' for me after a week of listening. It's a great album.

Jacquard Causeway was the latest... something about the 3/4 beat combined with 4/4 synths was doing my head in, but once I stopped 'listening' in 3/4, and started following the synths for the rhythm, with the beat as a kind of counterpoint, the whole thing opened up... by the time the eutow-style synths start up the whole track becomes kind of overwhelming and beautiful. Very clever stuff, I don't think I've heard a track like that before.

Jacquard Causeway is the boc feel you know from older works increased a bit. The beat is louder and the synths sound so intense it nearly hurts. I really like this.

Guest Gravity

It's supposed to be delivered by June 15 from this US warehouse. It usually arrives on release day from the UK.

:facepalm:

It's supposed to be delivered by June 15 from this US warehouse. It usually arrives on release day from the UK.

the release of this album has been completely fucked up.

Don't complain! I probably won't get mine until November. lol