IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

Anybody spot any samples yet? I'd love to know the origin of the "Hey you, I got a message for ya. Don't look in the closet" voice

droppin' sum knowledge on ya

Someone on last.fm posted this movie title for the track... "In Search of the Wow Wow Wibble Woggle Wazzie Woodle Woo! "

Couple of samples in there:

1:23 = hey you... voice

1:49 = bassline track

starting at 4:00 = that radio tuning is for the little melody that comes in

4:30 = voice at the very end of Enter the Devil

There are prolly some more but I can't watch the whole thing... :p

Anybody spot any samples yet? I'd love to know the origin of the "Hey you, I got a message for ya. Don't look in the closet" voice

Someone on last.fm posted this movie title for the track... "In Search of the Wow Wow Wibble Woggle Wazzie Woodle Woo! "

hot damn.

Guest grue

i like this a lot. i was suprised by the staying power of TROG; normally i get tired of really cut-up albums like that, but i still enjoy it. hopefully the same will be true of this one too. i do appreciate the mellower tracks here and there.

Damn. The internet is a crazy thing

Guest bitroast

Gas Human No. 1 is so awesome too, that twangy guitar is great

yes! agreed!

it's like weird 80s robo-campfire headphase.

Guest Jenga

Wow. I am loving nearly everything about this album. I think Body Magic through the end are my favorites. I like the progression into some less frantic areas.

Haven't bought the album yet, but heard Red Ocean Apocalypse & Body Magic.

Body Magic is superior imo, lovely track.

Working with VHS as a medium quite frequently, I am amazed how well he captured the feel of a VHS' audio track without watering down the track too much. Must have been one hell of a chore to tweak it just right so it covers both the nostalgic warmth with the slightly overpowered bass as well as the sharp kick that fits his beats so well. I kind of miss the even harsher and clearer sound from Trademark Ribbons though, but Body Magic is beautifully composed and especially the mastering seems to have been done with extreme attention to detail. :smile:

Red Ocean Apocalypse seems a bit ADHD to me, like the soundtrack to some kind of biker meth induced fever fantasy. Not really enjoyable at the moment, but interesting. I like how he used this quite unusual sound to create the melody, it is a tad too tacky for me though, and the cheesy cover isn't helping in that regard either.

Very excited about the album now. Even more so than before. So far, it seems like the bolder version of Tomorrow's Harvest that John Carpenter would have done on crack and in the future.

From VHS facebook
10269130_684157374952887_592759244391149
10338608_684157491619542_313370487002785

*drool* *u*

Okay now those look A LOT like they could be the work of the Bola cover guy - how could you (whoever it was that pointed it out earlier) tell from that godawful front cover alone? Is the guy credited?

The inner sleeve design looks fantastic anyhow.

heh, i'm leaving this thread now and closing the door firmly behind me :whistling:

Cheerio :cisfor::emotawesomepm9::music:

... off you go, and Don't Open The Door!

Haven't bought the album yet, but heard Red Ocean Apocalypse & Body Magic.

Body Magic is superior imo, lovely track.

Working with VHS as a medium quite frequently, I am amazed how well he captured the feel of a VHS' audio track without watering down the track too much. Must have been one hell of a chore to tweak it just right so it covers both the nostalgic warmth with the slightly overpowered bass as well as the sharp kick that fits his beats so well. I kind of miss the even harsher and clearer sound from Trademark Ribbons though, but Body Magic is beautifully composed and especially the mastering seems to have been done with extreme attention to detail. :smile:

Red Ocean Apocalypse seems a bit ADHD to me, like the soundtrack to some kind of biker meth induced fever fantasy. Not really enjoyable at the moment, but interesting. I like how he used this quite unusual sound to create the melody, it is a tad too tacky for me though, and the cheesy cover isn't helping in that regard either.

Very excited about the album now. Even more so than before. So far, it seems like the bolder version of Tomorrow's Harvest that John Carpenter would have done on crack and in the future.

From VHS facebook

10269130_684157374952887_592759244391149

10338608_684157491619542_313370487002785

*drool* *u*

Okay now those look A LOT like they could be the work of the Bola cover guy - how could you (whoever it was that pointed it out earlier) tell from that godawful front cover alone? Is the guy credited?

heh, i'm leaving this thread now and closing the door firmly behind me :whistling:

Cheerio :cisfor::emotawesomepm9::music:

... off you go, and Don't Open The Door!

You saved the thread from becoming an Arnie thread. :cisfor:

It's a great album, I thought it was okay at first, but I've been nursing it for a good few listens, there's a lot to delve into here.

yeah, Michael England is credited on the Skam Records page for the album

I think this album and VHS Head really unravel after a few listens. My first couple listens to this album I didn't think it could beat Trademark.

But now I'm hearing all the subtle intricacies and melodies and I think this is his best work yet. Still haven't heard the Bleep mix though

I've never understood the talk this guy gets around here. That said, this album is winning me. It's making the older ones sound better. I'm sure it's just a phase. I'm never wrong.

Archived