IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone else thought what a terrifying album this would be to listen to whilst on acid? the "don't look in the closet" sample would set the tone for a truly frightening trip...and the other pitched down indecipherable vocal samples would be speaking right to you maaaan....

and then how about the cover? pure acid freakshow

why do people pre-order shit from BLEEP, especially after the endless whinging of WATMMers in the past..

Because I have done for a number of years, with a great many releases, without any of the problems that other people endlessly whinge about.

so i've finally listened a few times, nothing really jumped out and grabbed me too much, but i think in a lot of ways its more subtle than his previous releases, but it might be more solid/consistent. i'd have to say currently red ocean apocalypse is the one i like best but i bet that will change. i'm pretty sure lots of the other tracks will grow on me more with each listen. lots of nice moments here and there, like the great synth or whatever it is, almost like a flute, in 'frozen'. some pretty chill stuff too like farewell africa

i think it needs more attention than i'm giving it since it's so dense. it always takes a while for me to absorb stuff like this.

so i've finally listened a few times, nothing really jumped out and grabbed me too much, but i think in a lot of ways its more subtle than his previous releases, but it might be more solid/consistent. i'd have to say currently red ocean apocalypse is the one i like best but i bet that will change. i'm pretty sure lots of the other tracks will grow on me more with each listen. lots of nice moments here and there, like the great synth or whatever it is, almost like a flute, in 'frozen'. some pretty chill stuff too like farewell africa

i think it needs more attention than i'm giving it since it's so dense. it always takes a while for me to absorb stuff like this.

Hey E.

I got a message for ya

Don't.

Look.

In the closet.

why do people pre-order shit from BLEEP, especially after the endless whinging of WATMMers in the past..

Also because it came with an exclusive mix cd...

So after many many listens, I have just one complaint. I kinda wish the last two tracks were reversed. I think Jealousy is a great closer and Angels Never Sleep would work better before it. Thoughts?

Guest Gravity

So after many many listens, I have just one complaint. I kinda wish the last two tracks were reversed. I think Jealousy is a great closer and Angels Never Sleep would work better before it. Thoughts?

Could be, but I'm so used to Jealousy being where it is that it doesn't really sound like a closer to my ears. Really pretty track though. I've also warmed up a ton to Angels Never Sleep.

On the other side of this, I feel Mutant Nights would work perfectly as the first track. It reminds me a lot of Ident's atmosphere from TROG.

has anyone else thought what a terrifying album this would be to listen to whilst on acid? the "don't look in the closet" sample would set the tone for a truly frightening trip...and the other pitched down indecipherable vocal samples would be speaking right to you maaaan....

and then how about the cover? pure acid freakshow

Was actually one of my first thoughts, especially on the album cover. Definitely encompasses the feel of tripping absolute balls

Really had to force myself to have a third listen.....and glad I did, seemed much, much better. This album has so much going on it's fucking mental. I can understand why I hated it on first listen though. When Red Ocean Apocalypse came on I was becoming more and more convinced how good this album could be. Time will tell.

Guest bigs

chiming in to say i've caned this record over the last week or so and it's only grown on me. marvelous work! lots of fantastic tracks, but the last one is a ringer for sure.

Archived