IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still need to let the album sink in. Bleep mix is somewhat more accessible, maybe because there are more vocal samples, which immediately creates a sense of narrative. By the way, somewhere around 10-15m into the mix there is a track that I've heard before in a (VHS cut and paste) youtube video, called High Intensity. I think I discovered that video her eon watmm, even. I can't find the youtube link anymore (maybe it was deleted?) but I did, at the time, rip the mp4 from youtube, which I've now reuploaded for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeGaBDbOOvE

Does anyone know what the source of the music is? Maybe that actually was VHS Head's video and youtube channel? Or someone else made it and VHS Head bumped into it, liked it, and decided to play it in this mix?

Or it's an actual soundtrack from an obscure 80s tape, and both the maker of the video and VHS Head happened to discover it and decided it was worth giving a second life? Though that last possibility seems like too much coincidence.

I'm really warming to this very quickly, seems more accessible TRoG. It flows well in a full listen or plucking out more standout tracks for snippets. I'm getting Dimlite-esq melodies from this too, Angels Never Sleep seems a close call for that.

Guest jasondonervan

Summer 2013 = Tomorrow's Harvest

Summer 2014 = Persistence of Vision

Can you shop in that cover to my avatar pls?

I reckon so

ib04d7do6JmwxC.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

edit: nevermind, I'm happy with awkward eyes Arnie

Too late, already got to the choppa

il9fMnQSri1M7.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

Some photoshop the cover over Arnold and Danny Devito from Twins

iD9uIlLDm0naU.jpg

G'night watumms

dammit so i guess i was blorped, bleep still hasn't gotten vhs head to me. checked and there was never any kind of email confirming that it was shipped. so i sent them an email asking if i should still expect to get this or if they just decided not to bother shipping it to me or what

lol @ twins photoshop

Some photoshop the cover over Arnold and Danny Devito from Twins

iD9uIlLDm0naU.jpg

G'night watumms

1000 watmm points

This looks amazing. Thank you!

Archived