IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

mcbpete, is the sleeve elongated as in the photo? One edge tapers at an angle.

Just wondering if that's part of the design.

Yeah its a little taller than it is wide (by about half an inch)

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the Bleep mix like? Exclusives?

The only thing I know so far is that it can be propped up quite well with a pint of Kopperberg cider

20140523_210449(0).jpg

It's like every time there's an album I really need to own ASAP, I'm in the goddamn process of moving and can't put an address that I know will work given possible fluctuations in receipt dates, oy vey

It's like every time there's an album I really need to own ASAP, I'm in the goddamn process of moving and can't put an address that I know will work given possible fluctuations in receipt dates, oy vey

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/67429-stupid-first-world-problems-youre-dealing-with/

;)

Great album. I think the second half is more to my taste than the first but it's all excellent.

It's as good as the debut album and in places surpasses it.

Guest Gravity

Everyone's jammin' out to tha fresh VHS tunes today, and I'm stuck waiting for monday.

i'm tearing from my camera eyes, blublublub

Great album. I think the second half is more to my taste than the first but it's all excellent.

Same thoughts at the moment. The second half seems to be more melodic. I love it when he does his arpeggiated melodies with some ambient textures going on.

Same thoughts at the moment. The second half seems to be more melodic. I love it when he does his arpeggiated melodies with some ambient textures going on.

Yeah, I think that's what I like about his work the most. The cut-up stuff doesn't do so much for me but it's still good.

I like the arpeggiated pieces and atmospherics because they remind me of how Boards Of Canada once used to sound.

That's not to take anything away from VHS Head. He has his own sound.

Standout tracks for me so far upon the first few listens are Dead to Morrow, Farewell Africa and Angels Never Sleep.

I think all the others will grow on me in time - there are no dull tracks on this release. I think his previous album was more 'immediate' in most places - this one is a bit more of a challenging listen but I'm up for a challenge when it comes to VHS Head.

Also - this is so meticulously edited - it must have taken ages for him to complete this. I can understand the long wait between the last album and this one.

That guitar loop on Farewell Africa is so familiar but I just can't place it. I think Body Magic, Do You Understand, Jealousy and Angels Never Sleep are just fantastic pieces of lo-fi, hauntological, 80s nostalgic electronica (or whatever you wan to call it).

spooktronica

Exactly.

I listen to this stuff because I want to be spooked and disorientated by its uneasy, uncomfortable nostalgia.

Boards Of Canada once did this so well but TH didn't have really any at all, at least for me.

They did have it in abundance on their early work so I'm very grateful for that.

spooktronica

Exactly.

I listen to this stuff because I want to be spooked and disorientated by its uneasy, uncomfortable nostalgia.

Boards Of Canada once did this so well but TH didn't have really any at all, at least for me.

They did have it in abundance on their early work so I'm very grateful for that.

Derailing thread, but really? TH was their most spooky in my opinion. Equal with Geogaddi I would say

But yeah, jealous of yall, can't wait to hear new VHS Head

Archived