IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

shhh, quiet. i'm being quiet!

edit: shhh

Did you donate to the kickstarter, or are you satisfied with the copy you have already?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

figure out a way to watermark each download so we can find the leaker and do unspeakable things to him

I think watermarking is something we absolutely should not be doing

I really hope no-one involved in this is seriously thinking about doing this?

It was discussed, but ultimately I'm against it - I mean, why? Other than publicly shaming the person, there's really nothing punitive you can do.

figure out a way to watermark each download so we can find the leaker and do unspeakable things to him

It was discussed, but ultimately I'm against it - I mean, why? Other than publicly shaming the person, there's really nothing punitive you can do.

indeed. DRM is very very bad.

An AATA would get trolled so hard. There are so many questions he just can't answer truthfully.

Probably... it would need to be a "submit your questions and Richard will choose from them" type situation...

Why, ..would it influence the sound? Or do you mean more in a philosophical sense, keeping it as pure as possible to the original.

Why, ..would it influence the sound? Or do you mean more in a philosophical sense, keeping it as pure as possible to the original.

DRM watermarking is wrong. I'm not going to explain here why DRM is wrong.

If there is any plan for DRM to be included in the files, I will be rescinding my pledge. although it does seem that the subject was broached and has been shot down...

Did you donate to the kickstarter, or are you satisfied with the copy you have already?

within me, there r many caustic windows out of the which scathing sarcasms sometimes shine, with little or no ill intent

Guest Phonejack

An AATA would get trolled so hard. There are so many questions he just can't answer truthfully.

"Richard, looking back, which album of yours did you have the most fun producing?"

None of them.

"Which of your albums is your favorite?"

All of them.

1875 pages of that

within me, there r many caustic windows out of the which scathing sarcasms sometimes shine, with little or no ill intent

To get to the caustic window do you have to go up the bilious paths? i was wondering this yesterday. Or is it that you see the bilious paths from the caustic window?

If there is any plan for DRM to be included in the files, I will be rescinding my pledge. although it does seem that the subject was broached and has been shot down...

It was never a requirement to get this done, just in case anyone is assuming such...

It was never a requirement to get this done, just in case anyone is assuming such...

thanks for clearing this up. worries are washed away!

So there you go Richard; 2,000 people contributing $30,000 in less than a week. People give less to charity. That must feel good?

Edited by 123

So there you go Richard; 2,000 people contributing $30,000 in less than a week. People give less to charity. That must feel good?

I wonder if the pledges will accelerate during the period that everyone will be drunk, friday night on the internet drunk. There has to be a few thousand more in that.

You'll get freaked out about something or another in no time at all, i can feel it in meh bones, soon as day turns into night.

reported.

how very rude.

See i told you that it wouldn't take very long. :emotawesomepm9: (yeah, i know your post is a joke, so it's all good tween us yo, i was just carrying it through to the fitter mend).

Joyrex i think your bandwidth concerns about delivering these files might be overblown. I could be wrong but I'm confident that if you made bandcamp download codes batches until you covered all the kickstarter contributors there wouldn't be an issue speed or download time if you did like 100 codes per day.
Logistically though it would take time to provide each person a unique code, unless a clever programmer here figured out a way to automatically send an email to every contributor and link it up with a bandcamp download code database

Joyrex i think your bandwidth concerns about delivering these files might be overblown. I could be wrong but I'm confident that if you made bandcamp download codes batches until you covered all the kickstarter contributors there wouldn't be an issue speed or download time if you did like 100 codes per day.

Logistically though it would take time to provide each person a unique code, unless a clever programmer here figured out a way to automatically send an email to every contributor and link it up with a bandcamp download code database

There's definitely a way to do it as an email version of a mail merge, if you combine the kickstarter backer list and list of bandcamp codes in a spreadsheet..