IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shhh, quiet. i'm being quiet!

edit: shhh

Did you donate to the kickstarter, or are you satisfied with the copy you have already?

within me, there r many caustic windows out of the which scathing sarcasms sometimes shine, with little or no ill intent

To get to the caustic window do you have to go up the bilious paths? i was wondering this yesterday. Or is it that you see the bilious paths from the caustic window?

Nah, you gotta go daahn the Chiastic Slide innit.

Possibly a stupid question but are these tracks unheard/unreleased or are there bad rips on the interwebz already?

2 of them have appeared on compilations and 1 of them was bootlegged from a live set. other than that no leaked copies of the actual album exist

Mike P. played an excerpt from one of the other tracks in his Electronic Explorations set 4 years ago.

Edit: It's being mixed out of the Monolith track about 2 minutes into this:

http://www.mixcloud.com/mikep/mike-paradinas-2009-electronic-explorations-mix/

That track is 'king awesome. Guess I need to fill in the gaps in my afx collection (all of Analord and that other Caustic Window album I just saw on Amazon).

Possibly a stupid question but are these tracks unheard/unreleased or are there bad rips on the interwebz already?

2 of them have appeared on compilations and 1 of them was bootlegged from a live set. other than that no leaked copies of the actual album exist

Mike P. played an excerpt from one of the other tracks in his Electronic Explorations set 4 years ago.

Edit: It's being mixed out of the Monolith track about 2 minutes into this:

http://www.mixcloud.com/mikep/mike-paradinas-2009-electronic-explorations-mix/

That track is 'king awesome. Guess I need to fill in the gaps in my afx collection (all of Analord and that other Caustic Window album I just saw on Amazon).

Just realised I don't have any of the Analogue Bubblebath releases either *hangs head in shame*

You disgust me! Infidel!!!! :emotawesomepm9:

Yes, I shouldn't be confessing this in here of all places

Edit:

On the other hand, I've got all these to look forward to. Surely someone must envy that?

Edited by BUNKUM

You disgust me! Infidel!!!! :emotawesomepm9:

Yes, I shouldn't be confessing this in here of all places

Edit:

On the other hand, I've got all these to look forward to. Surely someone must envy that?

Nice try! Infidel!

lol jk. I didn't enjoy most of the AB series anyways. 5 was my favorite. I'm not a fan of the early 90s metallic sound that Mike P and Afx used (presumably this evolved out of industrial in the late 70s and throughout the 80s?).

Some real funny tracks on the AB series though. Elephant track flol

I'm not a fan of the early 90s metallic sound that Mike P and Afx used

It's what I mentally refer to as 'dustbin-core'. There was a cartoon strip by Charlie Brooker and I always remember a section where a guy was whacking a metal bin with a rake - I always visualise that whenever I hear this stuff by AFX:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5MnU_KGdzo

It's what I mentally refer to as 'dustbin-core'. There was a cartoon strip by Charlie Brooker and I always remember a section where a guy was whacking a metal bin with a rake - I always visualise that whenever I hear this stuff by AFX:

Lol!!! Dustbin core! That's what I always visualized industrial to be. A bunch of people whacking on metal stuff with other metal things lol. too funny

Lol!!! Dustbin core! That's what I always visualized industrial to be. A bunch of people whacking on metal stuff with other metal things lol. too funny

Am I the only one who genuinely enjoys this stuff?

:music:

Edited by MIXL2

There is the odd song here and there that I really enjoy, but it usually just hurts my ears. If it were mastered different perhaps it wouldn't bother me but it's not that it's jarring or noisy, it just usually legitimately hurts my ears.

There is the odd song here and there that I really enjoy, but it usually just hurts my ears. If it were mastered different perhaps it wouldn't bother me but it's not that it's jarring or noisy, it just usually legitimately hurts my ears.

then again, I listen to noise music too, so maybe that's why :P

this stuff is not that noisy really, but I get what you mean.

Edited by MIXL2

Guest Tricktrack

I enjoy this stuff too. Used to find it badly mixed (especially AB3) but it seems that my ears got used to those high pitched and distorted hats. I also avoid listening to this too loud with headphones.

And wow above $35000 pledged!

Decent coding skills here, happy to help out with any mail merging that is needed.

Also, unsure of the terms of the agreement with anyone, but if Bandcamp is used to help out with bandwidth, you could also potentially leave the album up for sale after the end of the Kickstarter campaign (this would in fact be more like the typical “fund an album/movie/etc.” Kickstarter-style release).

I agree that most of the money is front-loaded but there doesn’t seem to be a harm in leaving it up to potentially generate more too.

Guest Papillon

Some of the comments over at the kick start page are getting obnoxious. Karen Yoon said "As a backer, I am beginning to feel uncertain about this campaign." And then later "I also have second thoughts about giving all that cash to the seller who posted it for sale on discogs. It feels like we are encouraging such practices, which feels kind of gross"....

It's funny how some people have a sense of self-righteousness. I mean who gives a shit about how she "feels". A significant effort by people here at WATMM is what made this happen. It's a good thing. No need to have people like Yoon cause trouble.

Is there a way to refund her money? Or refer her to "read the rules".

Okay that's my rant.

Later boys

Edited by Papillon

Some of the comments over at the kick start page are getting obnoxious. Karen Yoon said "As a backer, I am beginning to feel uncertain about this campaign." And then later "I also have second thoughts about giving all that cash to the seller who posted it for sale on discogs. It feels like we are encouraging such practices, which feels kind of gross"....

It's funny how some people have a sense of self-righteousness. I mean who gives a shit about how she "feels". A significant effort by people here at WATMM is what made this happen. It's a good thing. No need to have people like Yoon cause trouble.

Is there a way to refund her money?

Okay that's my rant.

Later boys

Agreed 100%. Wonder if she gets the same "gross" feeling whenever she buys anything. There's always someone making a profit. It's kind of how capitalism works.

we should start a kickstarter to raise funds to send one of us on a plain to box punt her =)

ok maybe not that extreme.

but still what a stupid thing to say lol