IGNORED

loner thread

YEK

Do we have siblings in this thread? I don't, but I find people who do can't understand how I'm happy to spend so much time alone.

Another only child here. Also definitely a loner. I've been through periods of life where I'm more social, but it's never been the norm.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let's all agree that whether any of us are loners or...something else, is yet to be determined. you can't truly say who you are until you're on your death bed, so to speak... though i do like me some

Loner D+B

i'm such a fucking loner

That, or the opposite: you define/determine who you are right at this moment by having certain beliefs about yourself.

i guess there are people out there that need constant interaction so it's hard for them to understand the other side of the spectrum.

Probably, which is weird when you think about it because you'd expect people who have a lot of social interaction to be empathetic and thus should be able to know that some people just like to spend time on their own. Perhaps these people need a constant stream of others to validate their own identity, and can't fathom the idea that some people try to do this from a place within?

Could be coming from the inherent pressure to socialize and participate in society. From an evolutionary perspective this greatly increased chances of survival, thus it stuck. Also, humans are social beings, and socializing with each other is deemed a big part of 'being human' (whatever-the-fuck that embodies). Maybe these people who are telling you this are insecure, and parrot what others, who are insecure as well, have told them? I am starting to see this a lot around me. I guess people try to help you, because from their point of view it made them feel happy and secure and validated, and it can. It can make you feel good, but I guess the loner has to figure out some stuff out for themselves. Or maybe they just don't need other people to make them feel good. I think it's a good thing if you can be happy by, and with, yourself.

-edited-

Deleted a sentence that didn't add anything.

The internet is addictive and definitely do not get sucked into the pr0n vortex. Get out and experience the vibrant cornucopia of socialness and the uplifting company of others. They will bring excitement to your life and make you the person you COULD be.

It's also quite difficult to give yourself blowjobs tbqh imo

ive always been lonerish, but its really shown itself more in my 30's. i see it as a gift. most people are in a constant state of loneliness. i have a sibling

lately, people to me are like germs in that they all bring a little weirdness into yourlife. their problems. their issues. or they try to infect your life. lol. gosh i sound awful

Goddamn it: I came in here to post "People: what a bunch of bastards" and "I'm just a lonely loner, on the lonely road... alone." And you pricks beat me to it.

Do we have siblings in this thread? I don't, but I find people who do can't understand how I'm happy to spend so much time alone.

I have 3 brothers and a sister. They are all older and I've only lived with one of them. He is a loner and a bit of an asshole, so that didn't solve the loneliness problem. My family doesn't talk to me unless they want something, so I never get any calls or visits.

33m9x5w.jpg

Awesome. You look at that from a 3rd person perspective and what isolation it invokes. Then consider that the 1st person perspective of the man is

1sP8n4y.jpg

and then you understand the great push/ pull that is the introvert on a computer.

I've become reasonably social in the last 5 years mostly due to playing in bands and recording people, but it never really feels natural. All of my interactions are kind of awkward, to be honest. The only thing that really makes it work is that I'm either working on an activity with other people, or I'm in within a group so I can let others do the work.... the fact that I consider conversation "work" is pretty telling. When I drink or do drugs I want to talk to people, but otherwise I prefer to keep to myself. I wish this weren't the case... but at 30 years of age I think it's safe to say this is who I am.

This is me down to a tee, i thought 5 years of nothing but partying might have made it easier to be around people, but no. Now ive calmed down alot its directly back to direct conversations with no tv or activity to concentrate on, whilst sober just feel like a struggle of thinking of things to say. and yet if i dont see anyone i crave company, until its there.

jesus christ, it also appears i cant even string a legible sentence together any more.

Ever since I was a child I have felt like an outsider. I do have friends that I have been friends with since my youth, but forming new friendships is very hard for me.

I don't have a particularly 'warm' personality and I am definitely not what you would call a very 'approachable' person, but I am in conflict, because the thought of dying alone scares me a little bit (I know we all technically 'die alone').

I also have a very romantic notion of how life should be.

I spend 95% of my time outside of work alone and whilst I can always find something fun to do with my time, I feel like I am missing out on an important part of life by being alone.

I have one sibling, a sister who is 2 years older than me. Our personalities could not be more different.

I like to be alone a lot. It's the only way I can relax for real. I get enough face to face people interaction at work, school and occasionally seeing my friends, family, etc. When I want to just kick back, it's best done alone. Maybe with a beer and a book. And traveling alone in a foreign country is the best thing ever.

I enjoy my own company most of the time. I don't require a lot of interaction with others to make me happy.

I have a gf, we're both hermits, I do physical work day-to-day as a carpenter, go gym, read books, listen to music and only occasionally do I venture out and meet friends. I guess I've 'settled' more since being with my gf but my life hasn't changed much in the way of doing the things I like since being with her.

I find going 'out' and being around people, having to do the small talk, the politeness and all the other social acceptances, really draining. I like going out every now and then but basically my idea of a good friday night would be; staying in, chilling after a heavy week of work, drinking tea and listening to music and getting some good food in. Bosh.

33m9x5w.jpg

Awesome. You look at that from a 3rd person perspective and what isolation it invokes. Then consider that the 1st person perspective of the man is

1sP8n4y.jpg

and then you understand the great push/ pull that is the introvert on a computer.

lulz

also of the millions of pics you could've used, I applaud your example choice

also, wtf I've swear I've seen this before, is the internet image world is as seemingly as small as the real one i suppose

Is there a term for the specific strain of introvertism where you just need a lot of time to spend alone, but not necessarily adverse to friendship, social interaction, or close personal relationships? Thats seems like a trait a lot us on WATMM would have, and it's certainly not one shared by everyone. Some people I know can't spend anytime alone, including on their computers or phones, without freaking out.

Archived