IGNORED

Social Media

YangYing

How deece would it be though if you were a man and you married a woman and she gave birth to a computer? But because this won't ever happen I plan on reading text messages instead of holding my girlfriends hand while she dies when we are old.

Because my life isn't real.

How deece would it be though if you were a man and you married a woman and she gave birth to a computer? But because this won't ever happen I plan on reading text messages instead of holding my girlfriends hand while she dies when we are old.

Because my life isn't real.

nothing is real

I didn't feel smart paying $100+ a month for a 'smartphone' now I have a burner and pay much, much less... this decreased my internet use/reliance on the internet a great deal. Facebook is whatever, if you don't interact in real life, it's really nobodies fault but your own, more people want to hang out in real life than people want to admit to themselves. Everyone's so far up their ass that they forget that to meet people and have experiences, you have to actually do those two things and not be on social media all day.

I make a habit of leaving my phone at home or not being on Facebook, it works well, then you're left with just plain ol' isolation and lonerism, the way introverts did it before 'social media'... WATMM is browsed mostly @ work.

Everything in moderation.

((Biritsh spoken-word poems... [cringe]))

Man, that was hardcore. Stopped at 36 seconds, going into it with an open mind. I guess it's reverse psychology, he brags about social media and you go off the internet just not to cross paths with this bitch ever again. Too easy, muthafucker.

I watched the whole thing. I guess I am grateful I don't live in Central African Republic, Syria, or eastern Ukraine. We worry about our technology hindering our ability to socialize. In some countries people worry about whether they'd live to see another day.

Sorry for being a Debbie Downer.

i agree that facebook is a waste of time

i agree, i deleted my facebook after searching for a band i like and pressed the LIKE button, i thought to myself "this is probably the most ridiculous thing i've ever done"

i never had myspace, and deleted my facebook when it opened beyond people in school (i only used it to communicate with classmates from england). i don't have a twitter or instagram. the only thing i hate is when i see competitions on youtube that say to be eligible for free stuff, you have to follow or like them on facebook or twitter

i long for the days when it goes back to "first person to answer this question wins" type challenges

i use irc but is that considered social media?

Archived