IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Mine does.

"during the week before release" doesn't mean a week before release.

Release is monday tuesday, they might just ship it on friday the week before lol

Point taken. My bad.

I hope they don't do that though, that'd be mean =(

it's likely Metz is on there for the following reasons:

- track 2 is roughly the same kind of length as the full length live recording here -

- the sound/style is not unlike the manchester track

- we know that usually when aphex plays unreleased stuff in his dj sets, they end up getting a release later e.g. with the tuss tracks being played for some time before official release

- it's too fucking good to be left out of a new release from him. sounds like A LOT of time was put into the track. very detailed and intricate from start to finish.

Do the BPMs sync up? Or at least rather close?

it's likely Metz is on there for the following reasons:

- track 2 is roughly the same kind of length as the full length live recording here -

- the sound/style is not unlike the manchester track

- we know that usually when aphex plays unreleased stuff in his dj sets, they end up getting a release later e.g. with the tuss tracks being played for some time before official release

- it's too fucking good to be left out of a new release from him. sounds like A LOT of time was put into the track. very detailed and intricate from start to finish.

Do the BPMs sync up? Or at least rather close?

yes many have confirmed this in prior pages on this thread - i don't have a clue myself.

I guess there's no way to figure this out without knowing how many copies are being pressed, but I feel like the expense report on the cover could just be showing how much you are personally contributing to each of these costs by buying the album. Like, it's a list of all the things you're paying for (Starting with the tracks themselves, and then all the promotional expenses, etc.)

Guest Papillon

I guess there's no way to figure this out without knowing how many copies are being pressed, but I feel like the expense report on the cover could just be showing how much you are personally contributing to each of these costs by buying the album. Like, it's a list of all the things you're paying for (Starting with the tracks themselves, and then all the promotional expenses, etc.)

this

According to my calculations, Singapore track (129bpm detected in live recording) might be 4th or 5th on the tracklist.

Metz, as mentioned before, do match with the bpm ~120-122bpm, but as Singapore, might be completely different track.

Tempo from Manchester live is the same with listed.

this

Oh, that makes sense too.

"at same year, James Acid shithouse to promote the song and trying to lift Grant Wilson-CLARIDGE on a biscuit founded his label Rephlex "

Warp hates RDJ?

I figure it's his doing. Totally his style. He probably made them agree he'd write it up... perhaps they then gave him shit saying "hurry up!" and so he just dictated it to his phone, the above presumably from "That same year, James also set out to promote the song and united with Grant..."

But I just make stuff up to explain things, so anyone's guess...

Mine does.

"during the week before release" doesn't mean a week before release.

Release is monday tuesday, they might just ship it on friday the week before lol

Point taken. My bad.

I hope they don't do that though, that'd be mean =(

Its entirely possible though, and I guess depends on the quantity of preorders, amongst other things.

However, my copy of Tomorrow's Harvest arrived well before I expected it. I was super happy.

Edited by onesixoneight

How could anyone question the aphexian nature of that press release?

It's perfect. The spammy machine translation language fits right in with historical aphex interviewer-bs'ing and irreverence and also with the kind of crypto/privacy themed current marketing angle. And it's funny.

Nice to have you back, Richard.

Edited by baph

It reads as if they sent him a press release to approve and he retranslated it until it met his approval. And Warp, being a fairly lenient label, accepted it.

Again, even the press release sounds like something V/Vm Test would write. Did he hire James Kirby to advertise for the release?