IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

And if his name was Anthony Naggertano?

:whistling:

I'd say "wow forget anthony naggertano" because being a nagger is already a bad thing

it's not bigotry if it rhymes

"my feelings get hurt by comments on the internet in syro thrad that dont involve not liking the album"

first time full album on acid. wheres that stepheng traead about suff he asid. focking epic. the music of gods no less

Sweeet~ I've been listening to Syro on acid as well; but sulfuric acid. Just lightly brushed on my anus with a watercolor filbert brush. You wouldn't believe it, but when you listen to Syro like this, you get this sensation that your asshole is on fire and melting with sparks. Only recommended for the "surryus Syros peeps out 'dur".

When my ring of lava was melting through my 80's metal leather pants, this woman came up to me on the street all sassy: "Iz dem dat Surro? You kno, dat Aaaayfax Twanz, and what like- uh!- and what like- uh!, uuuuun hm, is that dem dat Surrrro durr yu got durr n' yo hand raht dur?!" Then I said, "Bitch, you best getchyo hands off mah Syro, fo I reck yo car wiv mah keeeyz.", and then I realized that the sulfuric acid has LSD in it, which caused the bum to burn with a rainbow iridescence. I was in fact just doing freestyle rap with a Japanese woman visiting a temple. Gotta admit- the flow was pretty tight, though. Like da butt. Like da SURRR'o obu da ARFAX TWAAAANZ.

first time full album on acid. wheres that stepheng traead about suff he asid. focking epic. the music of gods no less

Sweeet~ I've been listening to Syro on acid as well; but sulfuric acid. Just lightly brushed on my anus with a watercolor filbert brush. You wouldn't believe it, but when you listen to Syro like this, you get this sensation that your asshole is on fire and melting with sparks. Only recommended for the "surryus Syros peeps out 'dur".

When my ring of lava was melting through my 80's metal leather pants, this woman came up to me on the street all sassy: "Iz dem dat Surro? You kno, dat Aaaayfax Twanz, and what like- uh!- and what like- uh!, uuuuun hm, is that dem dat Surrrro durr yu got durr n' yo hand raht dur?!" Then I said, "Bitch, you best getchyo hands off mah Syro, fo I reck yo car wiv mah keeeyz.", and then I realized that the sulfuric acid has LSD in it, which caused the bum to burn with a rainbow iridescence. I was in fact just doing freestyle rap with a Japanese woman visiting a temple. Gotta admit- the flow was pretty tight, though. Like da butt. Like da SURRR'o obu da ARFAX TWAAAANZ.

thanks man, you make my days more interesting.

Guest LoveRhino

Thanks. Wet myself reading this.

oh dear !

My_ff8be2_1330391.jpg

yeeeessss!)

I wouldn’t usually listen to Aphex Twin, of course there are some tracks that unless you have heard them your life is incomplete, but overall it’s not for me. I like Syro, decent solid piece of work, super slick, no gimmicks, no killers, no fillers & very accommodating of tourists... but please don’t let this be the trend from now on, I love gimmicks, bells & whistles ‘n’ tangents too much!! Bring on the ‘techre!!

Uhhg. When you google 'aphex twin' the first thing that comes up are these asinine articles about his comments on the Illuminati and 9-11. I feel almost defensive about this and makes my fanboyism flare up. They are painting him as an idiot for click-bait. At the end of the day I think Aphex is pretty sensitive actually (reading between the lines). I don't want him getting pissed and saying fuck the public again (= music drought). /end paranoia

eznzea imminent.

2nded, who cares what some plebs in the media say. They probably have never heard aphex anyway, and their ire only spreads the reach of his musical gospel, converting more minds into accepting the light of his truth. heeh. ;-]

or some such dribble, /goes to bed after mega long day omg.

about skipping tracks on syro... I end up skippping minipops and listen to the rest of the album in a row. probably I listened to much to it when it came out and in some ways, it doesn't seems to fit with the rest of the tracks.

I love aisatsana at the end

u wot m8?

:emotawesomepm9:

i luv yeeeee ^^

its so mindblowing fuck me

we got a poser

we got a dickhead

edit: srry m8 I meant to add :flower:

don't let me interrupt ur drug scene m8. tis all good :ok:

Guest Gravity

I am currently eating a baked potato and am listening to Syro and it's quite nice. In a moment I mught take a sip of water and report back on how that makes me feel.

eagerly awaiting any updates

Uhhg. When you google 'aphex twin' the first thing that comes up are these asinine articles about his comments on the Illuminati and 9-11. I feel almost defensive about this and makes my fanboyism flare up. They are painting him as an idiot for click-bait. At the end of the day I think Aphex is pretty sensitive actually (reading between the lines). I don't want him getting pissed and saying fuck the public again (= music drought). /end paranoia

hopefully a few Tabloidly assholes dont ruin the fun. Fact Mag has always been a hacky and shitty excuse for journalism type of outlet. NME is.. well NME not really much to say there. Anyone ever remember reading anything remotely newsworthy or even a hair interesting on NME? nope not me either. Payola driven shit shacks who somehow think that by ridiculing richard they'll get clicks. they can all get royally fucked

Edited by John Ehrlichman

I am currently eating a baked potato and am listening to Syro and it's quite nice. In a moment I mught take a sip of water and report back on how that makes me feel.

I hope it has lots of yummy toppings on it - chives, sour cream, shredded cheese, butter, salt, pepper, fresh ground bacon bits...

Damn, now I want a baked potato!

I love the songwriting on Syro but the production has increasingly sounded off to me. When I listen to the album at anything less than really loud it comes off really 'pumpy'. I know everybody's been talking about how compressed it is, but upon comparing it to Rushup Edge it seems like the mastering is pretty rough

1yROlT2.jpg

Just about every song on Rushup Edge is louder than similar songs on Syro from a pure a-weighted db perspective but they sound better. I keep thinking if Syro was mixed & mastered like Rushup Edge it would best it.

I have the vinyl sitting here but my turntable is out of commission due to baby right now. Does anybody have a nice rip they could share, I will happily provide photographic proof of my ownership.

I've no expertise in this area, but I've been having similar thoughts myself. To hear it satisfactorily, I need to turn it up loud (at least in the car), but it feels pretty close to too loud at that point.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

hopefully a few Tabloidly assholes dont ruin the fun. Fact Mag has always been a hacky and shitty excuse for journalism type of outlet. NME is.. well NME not really much to say there. Anyone ever remember reading anything remotely newsworthy or even a hair interesting on NME? nope not me either. Payola driven shit shacks who somehow think that by ridiculing richard they'll get clicks. they can all get royally fucked

Am I reading articles from an alternate universe? I've read literally nothing disparaging (from the two articles I just read anyway - NME and Independent)? Why are you getting so worked up and protective?

"When you follow stuff on the internet about Illuminati, New World Order, aliens, even if none of it's true, it's just a thousand times better than any science fiction film that's ever been written,"

^can't really argue with that can you? Ancient Aliens is one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen. The quote about mental illness and celebrity made me chuckle too

there's alot more going on in syro, in many parts it's really amazing how much is going on at once, like a bunch of different base lines weaving around each other, simultaneous with with pads/percussion/what-have-you. i think maybe the boosted compression/loudness is to bring out the detail and texture so the different parts of the busier moments don't run together

Edited by very honest

this is the only album i can listen to at the moment and when I'm not listening to it during the day snippets of tracks are constantly stuck in my mind, but yeah, amazing album, just what I was hoping for, even though it took a few listens to truly appreciate it, also glad I never really paid my attention to metz on youtube, maybe played it once, that track is pure heaven!