IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest trananhhung

I still can't believe this is really happening. I really thought he would never release again because of expectations. Is it because electronic music is at the forefront again? All these guys getting top reviews like Ben frost, flying lotus, rustie, actress... Does it make it easier? Anyway, welcome back, Rich.

Yah, defo gonna be at Tower Records in Tokyo on release morning to get the limited special shitz. Maybe get an extra or 2 for investment or whatever.

Anyone else here gonna be in Tokyo at the time? We could meetup and sleep outside like Syro is a new iPhone, and then I can steal your copies and run away. "ALL THE SYRO IS MINE."

The "color on front/back clearfile" is this (except with... color and looks opaque):

I'm gonna be in Tokyo for one night only on the 21st then catching a plane back home to Osaka in the morning on the 22nd, so I must have it delivered by mail :shrug:

I pre-ordered on Amazon, but then canceled when I saw ordering direct from Beat Inc gets you a poster and booklet... kind of want (and don't need at all) that file though.

Beat Inc and Amazon say Sept 24th for release, how is Tower getting 2 days early?

Also, some other shops in Japan have their respective custom badges and other shiz.

I'll be going to the Shibuya Tower Records, which is the same Tower that I bought RDJ Album at in high school.

It feels good to be excited about a physical release again... Here is me when I was 16 impersonating the RDJ Album cover ~1.5 years after release:

mu_RDJA16.jpg

AHAHAHA...

Here is the accompanying quote from my Geocities page at the time:

In this pic, I kinda tried to impersonate the cover of Aphex Twin's "Richard D. James Album", with a slightly evil look. Very good album, by the way. I would recommend it to anyone that's into electronica. This is also the first pic that I took with my new frames. (added 5-24-98)

I lost that exact pair of glasses when moving back to Tokyo ~1.5 years ago. So it's AAAAAALL COMING TOGETHER!!!

Anyway, fuck..... SYRO.

do you know if they already have the bags?

”なおタワーレコードではオリジナル・クリアファイル、HMV、diskunionでは、それぞれオリジナル・デザインのロゴ缶バッヂ、amazonでは、オリジナル・ロゴ・マグネット、その他の対象店舗では、オリジナル・ロゴ・ステッカーを先着でプレゼント。さらに、9月21日(日)までに対象店舗で、アルバムを予約すると、エイフェックス・ツインのオリジナル・ショッピング・バッグをプレゼント。”

The limited custom goodz tingz (limited, to the first buyers):

Tower Records- clear file (plastic sleeve)

HMV, diskunion- respective designs, metal pins

Amazon- logo magnet

other shops- logo sticker

The shopping bag is for pre-ordering before Sept 21st at the select shops.

--As for Tower releasing Syro early, I thought it might be a typo, but Japan has had a lot of electronic releases come out first worldwide (and maybe choosing Tower, because it is the biggest and most popular record shop).

Edited by peace 7

Some Warp artists gonna be on Boiler Room tonight, including some 'very special' guests. I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping for an aphex track preview. At anyrate, hudson mohawke and OPN will be there, so if that's your thing tune it and watch.

Some Warp artists gonna be on Boiler Room tonight, including some 'very special' guests. I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping for an aphex track preview. At anyrate, hudson mohawke and OPN will be there, so if that's your thing tune it and watch.

Could anyone link me up? I'm dumb.

yeah probs fly-lo, not prichard but that would be great but there were stencils in la...

Ye, I don't think Aphex would enjoy being nut to butt from the nearest person when he's used to being 2m up, 3m away.

no way

might be fly-lo or SOMEONE.

It's probably BOC. That's my guess.

why the fuck is he releasing over WARP : /

because it's a record label

Given the amount of shit that WARP's released in the past 10 years, it's understandable how someone could mistake a "record label" for a "feces producer". Also, I think even "record label" is confusing, because you wouldn't believe how many hours of music I've sent to record labels in the past 15+ years, only to later find that 90% of those were actual, labels for records; made of paper with glue on one side. Like I was sending cassette tapes, MDs, and CDs, to postal addresses of round stickers.