IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest jasondonervan

this album could outsell Thriller in theory. question is how can we help make it happen?

Buy lots of copies of Syro

any londoners fancy renting out fabric room 1 for a listening party?

i'll be in London early october, not sure i can wait that long for the first listen but if you guys organize something, we can share a beer or so

this album could outsell Thriller in theory. question is how can we help make it happen?

Buy lots of copies of Syro

it'd need a hit, something mainstream-able!

not sure it's gonna happen, but i wont be surprised one or two track hit the radio and gain hype, there is always a track that mum and dad can like on an RDJ album

Edited by klore

Any other Bay Area people in the thread? I'm looking into the feasibility of booking a club for a listening party and am curious as to whether people would even be interested.

Hell yeeeeeah! SPD might be down as well as him and I were planning a listening thingy.

I'm in the peninsula, and I'd be interested as well!

What- if Syro sells more than Thriller, that would make Dali's surrealism look like clocks are supposed to be floppy on stuff.

BBC News International:

"Aphex Twin's Syro- the master's first proper release in over a decade- has sold 3 billion copies on the week of release. In other news: there is no other news."

What- if Syro sells more than Thriller, that would make Dali's surrealism look like clocks are supposed to be floppy on stuff.

BBC News International:

"Aphex Twin's Syro- the master's first proper release in over a decade- has sold 3 billion copies on the week of release. In other news: there is no other news."

lol

"Syro ends all Middle East Conflicts; Ressurects Robin Williams.

In other news: There will never be other news. Kladfvgbung Micshk Dagon

Gwarlek Cthulhu R'lyeh"

What- if Syro sells more than Thriller

lol, he may challenge the dead Jacko after all sales are registered and made official. Wacko'll still win overall, if only by a coupla vinyls. Narrow magin, Jacko won by having an album cover which wasn't a receipt.

God I hope he wins a Grammy! That would be the funniest shit ever. Think about him in his corduroys and t-shirt, barefoot and giving a wordless thumbs-up on stage.

it'll be the comfy 90's kharki trousers and a pair of thongs for the footware. Of course it'll more likely be, "he can't attend cause he made the same money off this thing with or without attending the ceremony and doesn't give a shit about you tossers so, unforuntely he isn't able to attend." (so as a two fingers salute back in the direction of aphex from the RIAA) "The award will be accepted on his behalf by sonny moore." phex'ee'll be all like, "nooooo, grossfest, get your snotty hands off it, arrrgh, i should have fucking gone".

Of course he'll probably go, the girlfriend'll force him. They like a chance to dress up you know. And show off their man and such.

;-] :: [-;

just noticed that Syro has a title track.

Most of his albums don't have title tracks.

I know, this is his first release in forever and he's taken the bold move of making a conventional 12 track album with a title track, all under the name of aphex.. Prepare for next level shiz

Meh I doubt there's any significance in it, it's just odd that he suddenly has a title track! Maybe though, just maybe the title track is super mind blowing, enough so that he named the album after it lol

So I'm guessing most of these tracks we're composed/recorded between 2007-2011 - Anyone think any of these tracks are a year or less old?

Nah, I think he likes to wait a few years before deciding to release, which is an assumption from what he told Joyrex.. something like "I haven't listened to some of the music in years, it's good for being objective".

I also think if Metz is not on here then there will be another release somewhere close down the road.

Lol. Does anyone here actually OWN Thriller?

Edited by Brisbot

so, 1st track is manchester, 2nd is metz. stokage already and we are only two tracks in.

this is based on conjecture, or fact?

Manchester is fact as confirmed on warp's page http://warp.net/records/aphex-twin/syro

Metz is speculation. I don't think it is unless he's slowed the track down in the release. The live version of Metz is about 122bpm, not 120. Also it is less than 10:30 long, but again he could've easily made a different mix for the album.

Also, singapore track is possibly going to be PAPAT4 (starts in this vid @ 7:44)

.. As it has the same bpm. No other clues though

Edited by Chris Toffer

I prefer the drukqs.net micro site to the new one. I remember downloading the 30sec sample of Taking Control and listening about 2001 times. Speaking of, Oct 22nd 2001 was when Drukqs was released. Syro - Sept 22nd 2014. To long....

so, 1st track is manchester, 2nd is metz. stokage already and we are only two tracks in.

this is based on conjecture, or fact?

Manchester is fact as confirmed on warp's page http://warp.net/records/aphex-twin/syro

Metz is speculation. I don't think it is unless he's slowed the track down in the release. The live version of Metz is about 122bpm, not 120. Also it is less than 10:30 long, but again he could've easily made a different mix for the album.

Also, singapore track is possibly going to be PAPAT4 (starts in this vid @ 7:44)

.. As it has the same bpm. No other clues though

I really hope POTATO4 isn't that track.