IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Hi Richard

I'd like to apply for the job of your accountant, as yer being shafted man !!

Hotel Rooms, Venue Hire, Advertising Slots, fucking Christine's Lunch....these are all Fixed Costs man.

You do want to be paying points on these son. Think about it, the costs for these doesnt change depending

on how many units you shift....Jez you may as well take your money and buy a tank or a bank or some old keyboard w*ank.

I'll start Monday..

There are actually 2 "special guests" as indicated on the event page.

I'm guessing it will be Fly Lo and TNGHT (since they are both there anyway, though kind of a cop out).

I would put odds on Fly Lo dropping the Manchester track at 50/50, if he shows up they are already doing plenty of distracting from HudMo's EP anyway. Seems like the perfect opportunity to "premiere" new Aphex material imo. Given the SYRO cover is basically Rich saying promotion is bullshit, I don't see there being any chance in hell that he shows up.

There are actually 2 "special guests" as indicated on the event page.

I'm guessing it will be Fly Lo and TNGHT (since they are both there anyway, though kind of a cop out).

I would put odds on Fly Lo dropping the Manchester track at 50/50, if he shows up they are already doing plenty of distracting from HudMo's EP anyway. Seems like the perfect opportunity to "premiere" new Aphex material imo. Given the SYRO cover is basically Rich saying promotion is bullshit, I don't see there being any chance in hell that he shows up.

Yeah I don't think Hudmo would care about giving others the spotlight, it's just an EP of songs that he's been sitting on for a while anyways. I'd be fucking honored to premier/play an upcoming track from the man who I know many cite as their personal favorite. Now that I think about it though, FlyLo and TNGHT will probably be the guests. I'm just looking forward to the OPN set, hopefully he'll play some of that shit he made for the NIN tour.

I like how the album art highlights the consumerism/negative connotations of music as a product... It reminds the listener of relatively small overhead costs vs. the retail price of the album

why the fuck is he releasing over WARP : /

because it's a record label

Given the amount of shit that WARP's released in the past 10 years, it's understandable how someone could mistake a "record label" for a "feces producer". Also, I think even "record label" is confusing, because you wouldn't believe how many hours of music I've sent to record labels in the past 15+ years, only to later find that 90% of those were actual, labels for records; made of paper with glue on one side. Like I was sending cassette tapes, MDs, and CDs, to postal addresses of round stickers.

I think you have shit in your ears sorry but i cant read comments like this, I guess youre only interested in complex electronic music and nothing else but there are people who enjoy other music aswell . think about it boy

Thanks Warp for diversion in music

Edited by Kavinsky

Why not? Rephlex doesn't exactly have a good track record over the last few years.

I am curious as to whether his US rights for new material over Warp are still with Sire or if that expired. If that deal is sunset, I am guessing that waiting for it to phase out was holding up any release as revenue sharing hurt both Warp and his bottom line.

maybe we'll get some new material as afx on rephlex soon after this... if rephlex yet lives

Breaths were held... people passed out from lack of air.

because it's a record label

Given the amount of shit that WARP's released in the past 10 years, it's understandable how someone could mistake a "record label" for a "feces producer". Also, I think even "record label" is confusing, because you wouldn't believe how many hours of music I've sent to record labels in the past 15+ years, only to later find that 90% of those were actual, labels for records; made of paper with glue on one side. Like I was sending cassette tapes, MDs, and CDs, to postal addresses of round stickers.

I think you have shit in your ears sorry but i cant read comments like this, I guess youre only interested in complex electronic music and nothing else but there are people who enjoy other music aswell . think about it boy

Thanks Warp for diversion in music

Peace jokes alot. Hope you're not taking him 100% seriously lol.

If this were being released by Rephlex it would have been cancelled already (but with catalog number assigned). The rephlex webpage would be back but only with the logo on the page and that's it. Some foreign article would mention a release date an nothing would ever happen.

In case anyone was wondering how to get the Japanese version that has a bonus track:

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Aphex-Twin_000000000027270/item_Syro_5924849

The page also mentions the button... don't know if it means the order comes with it though.

01. minipops 67 [source field mix] . . . 120.2

02. XMAS_EVET10 [thanaton3 mix] . . . 120
03. produk 29 . . . 101
04. 4 bit 9d api+e+6 . . . 126.26
05. 180db_ . . . 130
06. CIRCLONT6A [syrobonkus mix] . . . 141.98
07. fz pseudotimestretch+e+3 . . . 138.85
08. CIRCLONT14 [shrymoming mix] . . . 152.97
09. syro u473t8+e [piezoluminescence mix] . . . 141.98
10. PAPAT4 [pineal mix] . . . 155
11. s950tx16wasr10 [earth portal mix] . . . 163.97
12. aisatsana . . . 102
13. MARCHROMT30A edit 2b 96 . . . 104.98(Bonus track for Japan)

WARP has also now added preorder links for iTunes, Amazon, Google Play and Beatkart

Guest bitroast

If this were being released by Rephlex it would have been cancelled already (but with catalog number assigned). The rephlex webpage would be back but only with the logo on the page and that's it. Some foreign article would mention a release date an nothing would ever happen.

Edited by Joyrex
Removed that joke to avoid confusion

I am curious as to whether his US rights for new material over Warp are still with Sire or if that expired. If that deal is sunset, I am guessing that waiting for it to phase out was holding up any release as revenue sharing hurt both Warp and his bottom line.

I've been wondering about that as well. So far I've spotted zero promo from Sire / WB. Either something was sorted out / sunsetted or Warp is sharing some of its US revenues with WB... Wonder if RDJ is free to release as Aphex Twin as he pleases now.