IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest pasturezerofuture

Any other Bay Area people in the thread? I'm looking into the feasibility of booking a club for a listening party and am curious as to whether people would even be interested.

Hell yeeeeeah! SPD might be down as well as him and I were planning a listening thingy.

I'm in the peninsula, and I'd be interested as well!

Bay Area here, I'll be away though. There's been lotsa protests against the police here. I think It'll make great protest music for future peace but right now we got to enjoy Drukqs' last month as the freshest aphex material

Guest nick5745

Any other Bay Area people in the thread? I'm looking into the feasibility of booking a club for a listening party and am curious as to whether people would even be interested.

yep, here

figured out the meaning of syro. its an anagram for "o sry," like he realized he hadn't released in a while

Such jazz

:rtfm:
You guys are hilarious.

And here's to Klopjob's new avatar!

So I'm guessing most of these tracks we're composed/recorded between 2007-2011 - Anyone think any of these tracks are a year or less old?

A composition might be from 2007 or even 1998 and yet he's worked on the production of it until 2013-14. Often sound design and mixing are the most time consuming aspects of music making for perfectionists like Aphex. If a track like Flim still sounds so convincing 17 years later, and Windowlicker 15 years after the fact, imagine his current production values!

I'm seeing random stuff on twitter about an aphex twin tease but can't find anything. Anyone care to look? I have no clue how to post twitter posts or whatever and dun care. edit: Looks like it might have just been the logo. It was the boiler room stuff I always hear about but have never checked out really. :happy:

"Watching this livestream of a HudMo show and a random Aphex Twin teaser shows up... can't tease me like this, Aphex Twin.
#myheartcanttakeit"

Weird Aphex Twin commercial —> weird Eric Wareheim video seemingly introducing Hudmo —> Ten min of kabuki(?) dancing —> dead air.
Edited by Brisbot

Guest skibby

God I hope he wins a Grammy! That would be the funniest shit ever. Think about him in his corduroys and t-shirt, barefoot and giving a wordless thumbs-up on stage.

it'll be the comfy 90's kharki trousers and a pair of thongs for the footware. Of course it'll more likely be, "he can't attend cause he made the same money off this thing with or without attending the ceremony and doesn't give a shit about you tossers so, unforuntely he isn't able to attend." (so as a two fingers salute back in the direction of aphex from the RIAA) "The award will be accepted on his behalf by sonny moore." phex'ee'll be all like, "nooooo, grossfest, get your snotty hands off it, arrrgh, i should have fucking gone".

Of course he'll probably go, the girlfriend'll force him. They like a chance to dress up you know. And show off their man and such.

;-] :: [-;

need celebrity endorsements. like Robert Downey Junior accepting the award on his behalf.

all the big stars need to grab their sack and say they are shitting brix about the new aphex twin album.

most of the kids who were born after aphex' last album dropped wont know where to spend their allowances otherwise.

Edited by skibby

Possibly jazz. Nonetheless: lush

10617009_1526306424250327_933617030_n.jp

Patrick-Bateman-banner-620x250.jpg

David Van Patten: Good coloring.

Patrick Bateman: That's chartreuse. And the lettering is something called OCR-2.

Edited by kaini