IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I am curious as to whether his US rights for new material over Warp are still with Sire or if that expired. If that deal is sunset, I am guessing that waiting for it to phase out was holding up any release as revenue sharing hurt both Warp and his bottom line.

I've been wondering about that as well. So far I've spotted zero promo from Sire / WB. Either something was sorted out / sunsetted or Warp is sharing some of its US revenues with WB... Wonder if RDJ is free to release as Aphex Twin as he pleases now.

Sire/WB doesn't have release rights to WARP material anymore, AFAIK.

I hit my head and spend a few days in the hospital and Aphex is going to release a new album. It's not going to be anything special.

You must have REALLY hit your head to think that!

why the fuck is he releasing over WARP : /

worst post in this thread so far

I am going to try this response at my next social gathering. When somebody says something I don't agree with, I can just say "that is the worst thing anyone has said all evening". We can all give a look of disgust and that fool can feel like shit for the rest of the night then I can give myself a pat on the back.

damn so sad i'm gonna have 2 miss it? anyway you could download it from itunes jp? (if that exists)

iTunes Japan does exist... not sure if it's up there yet.

damn, i see that the exai bonus track there is only downloadable if you buy the whole album :sad:

Guest nick5745

why the fuck is he releasing over WARP : /

worst post in this thread so far

I am going to try this response at my next social gathering. When somebody says something I don't agree with, I can just say "that is the worst thing anyone has said all evening". We can all give a look of disgust and that fool can feel like shit for the rest of the night then I can give myself a pat on the back.

second worst post in this thread so far

I am curious as to whether his US rights for new material over Warp are still with Sire or if that expired. If that deal is sunset, I am guessing that waiting for it to phase out was holding up any release as revenue sharing hurt both Warp and his bottom line.

I've been wondering about that as well. So far I've spotted zero promo from Sire / WB. Either something was sorted out / sunsetted or Warp is sharing some of its US revenues with WB... Wonder if RDJ is free to release as Aphex Twin as he pleases now.

Yeah, I just checked Spotify and for ICBYD/RDJ you have a 2005 copy-write for Warner Brothers. WB was also on the SAW II vinyl from that US reissue label.

However, Drukqs is listed as 2001 Warp. I don't have the CD anymore, but I recall sire's logo being on the US release of that so it would seem as if something changed.

Edit: There is a second copy of Drukqs on Spotify with the 2005 WB copy write.

Edited by datastream

Yeah, I just checked Spotify and for ICBYD/RDJ you have a 2005 copy-write for Warner Brothers. WB was also on the SAW II vinyl from that US reissue label.

However, Drukqs is listed as 2001 Warp. I don't have the CD anymore, but I recall sire's logo being on the US release of that so it would seem as if something changed.

No, DrukQs was released in the US on Sire/WB - it was the album that was "promised" after Windowlicker. 26 Mixes for Cash was the first Aphex Twin release on WARP that did not have a Sire/WB US release.

Guest bitroast

If this were being released by Rephlex it would have been cancelled already (but with catalog number assigned). The rephlex webpage would be back but only with the logo on the page and that's it. Some foreign article would mention a release date an nothing would ever happen.

Edited by Joyrex, Today, 03:15 AM.

Removed that joke to avoid confusion

lol woops :)

about the known tracks, we know the Manchester track is the first but anything else has been spotted ?

sorry it prob has been mentioned here or else where but i really can't catch 30 pages up :wacko:

a friendly resume would be great :)

about the known tracks, we know the Manchester track is the first but anything else has been spotted ?

sorry it prob has been mentioned here or else where but i really can't catch 30 pages up :wacko:

a friendly resume would be great :)

Metz is likely track 2 as the time and bpm match the live version

thx guys :)

i admit I want badly that Metz track because it seems to be a masterpiece, but i also want the most brand new stuff possible

doing my spoiled child haha but the dream would be 100% new stuff (excepted the Manchester track) and another album including the Metz etc ...

i would be slightly disappointed if half of the twelves are some tracks he's played live and we somehow have heard them on youtube or live for the lucky ones

again, really doing my spoiled child

damn so sad i'm gonna have 2 miss it? anyway you could download it from itunes jp? (if that exists)

Unless I got the exchange rate completely wrong the CD's only just over € 30 (incl. shipping) from the Japanese Amazon, I'd say go for it.

LOL why won't WATMM let me type a euro symbol. £$¥€

Edited by manmower

Also, some other shops in Japan have their respective custom badges and other shiz.

I'll be going to the Shibuya Tower Records, which is the same Tower that I bought RDJ Album at in high school.

It feels good to be excited about a physical release again... Here is me when I was 16 impersonating the RDJ Album cover ~1.5 years after release:

mu_RDJA16.jpg

AHAHAHA...

Here is the accompanying quote from my Geocities page at the time:

In this pic, I kinda tried to impersonate the cover of Aphex Twin's "Richard D. James Album", with a slightly evil look. Very good album, by the way. I would recommend it to anyone that's into electronica. This is also the first pic that I took with my new frames. (added 5-24-98)

I lost that exact pair of glasses when moving back to Tokyo ~1.5 years ago. So it's AAAAAALL COMING TOGETHER!!!

Anyway, fuck..... SYRO.

Oh man, we are oddly similar in a way. I thought this when reading your posts in the ganja thread and now you have the same nostalgic way of retelling your memories. I mean, I'm a 2 meter German dude, but still. Needless to say I also did that impression of the RDJ album at the same age (although later, I didn't consciously witness it being released). I would totally meet up with you, should I ever be in Tokyo. My friend (the non-BoC-fan-friend) keeps telling me how much fun it would be to be in Tokyo as a blond German guy, but then again, I'm not really interested in Japan or Japanese culture at all, ironically. So: Syro!

Guest bitroast

thx guys :)

i admit I want badly that Metz track because it seems to be a masterpiece, but i also want the most brand new stuff possible

doing my spoiled child haha but the dream would be 100% new stuff (excepted the Manchester track) and another album including the Metz etc ...

i would be slightly disappointed if half of the twelves are some tracks he's played live and we somehow have heard them on youtube or live for the lucky ones

again, really doing my spoiled child

I feel this way too!

I'm overjoyed to have an album that starts with MANCHESTER track, and has 12 tracks to deviate and all sorts of tracks following it.

And it'll be great if the metz / other live tracks are there too (especially as they fit within the same sound palette. it's recipe for 'lushest' album ever, no?)

But I agree. Hearing new new stuff would have been good. Can't complain though. But I definitely understand the torn opinion here!

Guest KingDoom

Did anyone ever hear this melody in any other live set?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBFLKqOIaM8&feature=player_detailpage#t=782

Edit: if the time jump is broken, I'm referring to 13:05 in the set

I just realized that this is a very similar melody to the Singapore track 10 pages back in this thread, just a different synth

Edit: Doh! just saw the link. Nice!

Edited by KingDoom

God I hope he wins a Grammy! That would be the funniest shit ever. Think about him in his corduroys and t-shirt, barefoot and giving a wordless thumbs-up on stage.

that would be glorious, maybe a quiet 'thanks' or sending some gurners/bears/women with his face up

it could be afx trolling, it could be true

one more month and we'll know

that makes me a saaaaadddd panda

it going to be a long month guys

Likely won't be a full month. Bleep has had a (good) habit of releasing digitals as soon as the releases leak. And it is very unlikely that it will leak at least a week, likely sooner, before the official release date (there are a LOT of CDs/vinyls/etc. being produced, distributed, etc.). So even if you don't wanna grab the leak once it happens, Bleep will probably let you download the album within a day or so of the leak happening.

I'd guess that it'll leak within the next two weeks, at which point preorders would then quickly get shipped their digital vinyl preorder order side dish of digitalistic acid Phex Twinnipicks SYRO.