IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest tylerafx

regarding this Digitisation of Windowlicker making of video from tape, its not about the VHS Tape from Windowlicker back then, right?

Will we see the video on the CD when released, or is this just marketing talk?

its great to feel that magic again

regarding this Digitisation of Windowlicker making of video from tape, its not about the VHS Tape from Windowlicker back then, right?

imagine we didn;t get a video but instead a cunningham & aphex robots performing live collab

I was wading through old tracks I hope this track is going to be on there (i think this is aphex, does it have a name? NOT the first part, but the one that mixes in from there before turning into a Tuss

track). Also, haven't been on this thread yet. Just want to say I am way too excited about this. I have been wanting a release for so long. I'm super stoked.

Damn it wont let me upload, let me see if one of these will do it.

EDIT: I will leave all of these "unreleased" tracks up but the one I am talking about is the BLOC09 track, and also the paris track is another version of the same track.

finally someone is not talking about metz,manchester and singapore for the 1000time . Tracks are sick thx for sharing.

the bloc track is with florian hecker together, he is doing all the crazy electroacoustic stuff, crazy track love the locomotive horns !

its great to feel that magic again

imagine we didn;t get a video but instead a cunningham & aphex robots performing live collab

So now Cunningham also makes next level IDM ? It´s like Richard and Chris are becoming the same person.

this jaqapparatus robots and lasers are jaw dropping

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/116334-chris-cunningham-interview-talks-tech-audi-city-installation-july-2012

So, is it the end of working on videos for other people?

"Yeah, definitely, for sure."

What’s the reason behind that?

"I mean it's just restricting. What used to happen is that you'd have an idea and you'd wait for a video or a track to come along that it might be appropriate for. You have to then adjust it a lot. And I just thought, 'I want to have an idea and just make it in the same way an artist would.' Y’know, just pursue it."

I was wading through old tracks I hope this track is going to be on there (i think this is aphex, does it have a name? NOT the first part, but the one that mixes in from there before turning into a Tuss

track). Also, haven't been on this thread yet. Just want to say I am way too excited about this. I have been wanting a release for so long. I'm super stoked.

EDIT: I will leave all of these "unreleased" tracks up but the one I am talking about is the BLOC09 track, and also the paris track is another version of the same track.

that 'mystery_trackafx' sounds more like Vibert to me

Wow, people not wanting Metz and Singapore to be on there. Tsk tsk tsk.

yea I'm a bit surprised by this as well

It's not like I want it removed from the album so it has less tracks

But what if the album only fits x number of tracks and Metz and Manchester replace a potential St Michael Mount or Vordhosbn level track that now we won't even have low quality of or any quality of

oh shut the fuck up you total wally

Guest chunks

this album could outsell Thriller in theory. question is how can we help make it happen?

Buy lots of copies of Syro

play nice bcm and no kissing boris' arse, ;-p. And staadregen, byee. You too hip for us mang. If you decide to stay, that's cool too. Someone has to be the grumpy old moanator. :happy:

that 'mystery_trackafx' sounds more like Vibert to me

could be, I was talking about the bloc09 track mostly. i just had a bunch in my media folder from years ago wasnt' sure which one it was when I was posting.

This unreleased Aphex track is also amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQcXo_Syt5A

Why can't I have videos direct into my posts??

It's not aphex, it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-K8aPVS3y8

That frees up another track on the album to be something new :)

Edited by Jobe

I think I'm not alone when I say that I've been binge eating Aphex discography ever since the release date and something really stands out for me after the passage of time. His music gets increasingly more pensive and melancholy as the years go by. I was a bit shocked by how sad the Tuss sounds to me in many places. Even Shiz-Ko-E, which was the best chance at something silly, gets struck through the heart with that minor key motif at 1:20. I feel convinced that this album is going to be emotional devastation. Despite the day-glo rave aesthetic and the Autechrian track titles, it's going to be a heart-on-the-sleeve affair. I predict tears.

age.

I think I'm not alone when I say that I've been binge eating Aphex discography ever since the release date and something really stands out for me after the passage of time. His music gets increasingly more pensive and melancholy as the years go by. I was a bit shocked by how sad the Tuss sounds to me in many places. Even Shiz-Ko-E, which was the best chance at something silly, gets struck through the heart with that minor key motif at 1:20. I feel convinced that this album is going to be emotional devastation. Despite the day-glo rave aesthetic and the Autechrian track titles, it's going to be a heart-on-the-sleeve affair. I predict tears.

I approve of this post.

xxx is usually a grade posting. I disagree with the premise of his rant though. Much phex'ee all the way through taps the melancholic reverie as an undercurrent in the melodies with varying degrees. probably part of why we feel it so deeply.

nwae sorree, booker noes in my belly, so i'd better stop posting before i run into my own personal later regretting tragedy. /puts back on john byrne documentary.

xxx is usually a grade posting. I disagree with the premise of his rant though. Much phex'ee all the way through taps the melancholic reverie as an undercurrent in the melodies with varying degrees.

my thoughts exactly

xxx is usually a grade posting. I disagree with the premise of his rant though. Much phex'ee all the way through taps the melancholic reverie as an undercurrent in the melodies with varying degrees.

my thoughts exactly

well done. (you know why, noone else notices evr. heh although it was particularly obvious toodee).

This album is coming at a good time for me. I need something to pick me up again, and Aphex's music always comes through for me. The next few weeks is going to be rough, with this little wait.