IGNORED

Article: James Murphy is making 400 hours of music from the US Open

Guest BasDirks

He's probably being paid by someone to provide more evidence that recorded music isn't worth paying for. $10 says all 400 hours will be uploaded to Soundcloud Premier.

What's that in your signature?

That's what a wav/Aiff file looks like when you open it up in a text editor. They're both instances of the Resource Interchange File Format

i always found these kind of 'productions' stupid, especially when they're coming from some seasoned producer, from someone we'd expect that he understands what music is in its nature.

but also, money!spin and money(forehand rmx)

I bet it won't be quite as military industrial complex as this jam though

it's the talk and visuals from the video that's doing the whole thing imo. when i close my eyes all i can hear is just another 'copy of a copy' tech-house track that could have been synthesized in reason 2.5. i mean, it sounds good but it's just marketing; computer music magazine syle. i'll try to hear more from the project. maybe i'm wrong.

when i close my eyes all i can hear is just another 'copy of a copy' tech-house track that could have been synthesized in reason 2.5.

Absolutely agreed, when you've got as many sources as that and god knows how many resynthesis effects you really haven't got much of a restriction. I mean I'm shite and yet still managed to produce this with just plugging a guitar cable in and out of my audio interface as the only sound source - http://worldsmostrecords.bandcamp.com/track/grounded

when i close my eyes all i can hear is just another 'copy of a copy' tech-house track that could have been synthesized in reason 2.5.

Absolutely agreed, when you've got as many sources as that and god knows how many resynthesis effects you really haven't got much of a restriction. I mean I'm shite and yet still managed to produce this with just plugging a guitar cable in and out of my audio interface as the only sound source - http://worldsmostrecords.bandcamp.com/track/grounded

wow, this is great.

surprised to see so many negative comments towards this kind of project on an idm site

this

It might just be because the 'sonification' process isn't really that new a concept - http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/stereo_solarwind/sounds_programs.html

... and usually only results on pseudo random sounding pieces anyway, like this one based on a year of weather data -

so you didn't had to visit a nuclear plant, particle accelerator facility nor an underground moon base? lol

btw, this track is fantastic! really good! i like everything about it.

i'm never gonna forgive myself for not participating in the tesla project :c

so you didn't had to visit a nuclear plant, particle accelerator facility nor an underground moon base? lol

Thanks man :) Not quite sure what shite I was talking when I said "an ungrounded cable that was in a bad state plugged into the microphone socket (destroyed the internal compressor as a result !)". I was clearly lying as I used it for quite a while after making that track, only swapping for a new audio interface as the firewire controller on my new laptop wasn't compatible with the previous one.

Thanks man :) Not quite sure what shite I was talking when I said "an ungrounded cable that was in a bad state plugged into the microphone socket (destroyed the internal compressor as a result !)". I was clearly lying as I used it for quite a while after making that track, only swapping for a new audio interface as the firewire controller on my new laptop wasn't compatible with the previous one.

heh lol. still, you can leave the line as is! it sounds more dangerous with it :cerious:

Archived