IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

America is out of control w/ the meddling in the Middle East. We fund these terror groups. Groups that state the west is next. We fund them by proxy through Suadia Arabia of all places. They bomb Yemen and kill innocents with our bombs. It's unfucking believable. Is it only to keep their jobs at the CIA? Sadly a lot of Americans would rather fun d this shit than provide health care for "lazy poor people".. It needs to stop

America is out of control w/ the meddling in the Middle East. We fund these terror groups. Groups that state the west is next. We fund them by proxy through Suadia Arabia of all places. They bomb Yemen and kill innocents with our bombs. It's unfucking believable. Is it only to keep their jobs at the CIA? Sadly a lot of Americans would rather fun d this shit than provide health care for "lazy poor people".. It needs to stop

Sad truth is that many Americans are either unaware of the obvious playing of both sides - or - they just refuse to believe it. It's easier to have powers that be run a media campaign post-9/11 convincing us all to be musselman-phobes and that us spreading horrible militaristic imperialism is somehow keeping us safe.

It's harder than to try and show a bunch of conditioned "I GOT MINE FUCK YOU IF YOU TRYIN'A GET UR'S" people that a system that directly benefits the people while removing huge lobbying powers and financial cronyism from what should (at this point) be a universal right to good health without becoming financially insolvent. Besides, our media is essentially to keep the status quo and to spin and project the next pocket-raping from the average citizen along with some nice bias and underhanded racism sometimes.. Our country doesn't do things to directly benefit the people it supposedly serves, it just does things that it can persuade dumb people into believing it's necessary and they should carry a bucket of nationalistic pride to dump on themselves and others when the obvious logical fallacies of our current system are actually brought up. 

Evidence?

lol I had a high school who vehemently discouraged black students from applying to any universities in Michigan bc if shit like that. Good advice tbqh.

Edited by doublename

A local assemblyman in my city knelt during the anthem and now all these right-wing nationalist fucknuts are accusing him of treason. I've seen comments from at least two vets who are arguing he has the constitutional right to do so, who obviously have far more leverage and credibility.

If nothing else, I hope this leads to a national discussion of how fucking stupid it is to play the national anthem at every little league game, pta meeting and gathering of more than two persons in the goddamn country.

Edited by doublename

A local assemblyman in my city knelt during the anthem and now all these right-wing nationalist fucknuts are accusing him of treason. I've seen comments from at least two vets who are arguing he has the constitutional right to do so, who obviously have far more leverage and credibility.

There are a lot of quasi-fascist moves being made in this country from both the Left and Right. The Right wants to enforce patriotism and shame civil disobedience and the Left wants to ban confederate flags and other unpleasant forms of expression.

And as usual with these things, everyone's intentions are good on paper...like, we want a society where everyone stops at red lights, and one that isn't filled with Neo-Nazi billboards everywhere...so the urge to nudge people towards conformity isn't completely ridiculous, nor is the urge to rid society of ugly ideas...

One hallmark of political debate is always attributing the other side's behavior to the worst possible motives...and so the standing patriot and the sitting dissident see each other as pure scum...I think we need to learn to understand the other side's perspective in a non-judgemental way, but we need our moral outrage I suppose..

If nothing else, I hope this leads to a national discussion of how fucking stupid it is to play the national anthem at every little league game, pta meeting and gathering of more than two persons in the goddamn country.

I agree, the anthem and pledge of allegiance are disturbing vestiges of McCarthy era nationalism.  The powers that be prefer that we all view this nation as some fixed edifice (states and borders, values like "freedom", military might, etc.) and not examine the social contracts underpinning it.  We have a constitution that provides a framework for it, but really it's no less a construct than a flag or a song.

I enjoyed watching that evisceration as much as you guys but these things are nothing more than dog 'n pony shows.  No real justice was served nor will there be.  Not only did dude rake over customers, his solution to the problem was to cut loose a couple thousand low-level grunts for obeying orders/quotas.  Basically as a consequence of this fraud, several thousand working class people have have seen their first world life prospects pissed on or flushed down the toilet entirely.

And the regulatory fine for wells fargo of $100-something million?  They make that much in atm fees every half hour.  And because they have legal resources that dwarf that of any regulatory agency with the nerve to even try to do anything about it, they never ever have to admit any wrongdoing.

The funny thing about greed is that it can never be satiated, wall st and pharma fucks (and the pols they bankroll) gonna keep on fuckin' to the breaking point, and it aint gonna be pretty.

Edited by Bob Dobalina