IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

It's quite a thing to explain to someone that weed isn't really detrimental to society. Like they view everything through the lens of alcohol which is easily one of the most destructive and dangerous drugs that exists. Not far off from meth and heroin, even though meth is arguable, because huge portions of society are now taking it in a prescription form and being more productive.

I had an hours long conversation with my stepmom last week explaining how I've used cannabis and psychedelics in very productive ways throughout my life, and that I believe they would be very helpful for society if more people took part in them. It's an odd thing to explain the experience to someone that's never used any real drugs before. She also meditates daily, and a lot of people come from the point of view that drugs are "easy" and things need to require work or they will be inherently ineffective. A very puritanically based philosophy. It holds some truth though. I just find the concept that we are "pure" before we adulterate ourselves kind of naive. I think it's more like you can augment your body machine with different tools. The "purity" concept is very new agey pseudo scientific nonsense.

1) I think the way to think about things like psychedelics is that you're going to a place, a place that you can't get to from here.

2) I've actually warmed up to ideas of moral purity...not for other people, but for myself...I'm still a social libertarian or whatever but I think there is great insights to be found in asceticism...

3) I've never seen someone get involved in meth and come out the other side unscathed.

Oh, I'm very much an ascetic most of the time, which actually makes being indulgent that much more gratifying, but I think the idea that all drugs are pollutants is not accurate.

Statistically you've seen thousands of people that have used meth and been 100% ok. That doesn't even include the people that are using prescription analogs on a daily basis.

I've never seen someone get 'into' meth and continue to make good decisions

I mean, are you gonna tell me that meth-heads are "productive"?

Yeah sure adderol helps people diagnosed with adhd* act more like people not diagnosed with it

But I'm not entirely convinced that's a good thing

*(Assuming that adhd is an actual pathological condition that requires "fixing"...which I'm not convinced it is...yes adhd is maladaptive in the context of e.g. sitting still for 90 minutes at a time and paying attention to something that may or may not deserve your attention...but it is not so clear whether adhd is actually pathological outside of the semi-arbitrary contexts where it tends to manifest...one thing I've learned from studying psychology and psychoanalysis is that psychological disorders are NOT scientific categories, nor can they hope to be...anything that stifles the flow of Piagetian games (social or otherwise) is by definition a "disorder"...essentially a Maladaptation in the Darwinian sense, measured against an "environment", with roughly ZERO consideration for whether the environment itself is pathological...)

So since when does Adderall = meth? I've honestly not looked into either ever (as I've no desire to ever partake) so I'm ignorant as to the facts...but my understanding was that meth, at least at its core through many varying strains/designs, was much more than just a simple upper...which is my impression of Adderall/the like. 

So since when does Adderall = meth? I've honestly not looked into either ever (as I've no desire to ever partake) so I'm ignorant as to the facts...but my understanding was that meth, at least at its core through many varying strains/designs, was much more than just a simple upper...which is my impression of Adderall/the like. 

There is a profile of safety associated with the non methylated amphetamine when used at a consistent purity, dosage and increment of dosage. Adderall is just a mixture of amphetamine salts. Essentially, it's just an enantiomerically specific version of the same chemical that made up ol' 70's biker dope. Methamphetamine is very closely related chemically. Methamphetamine, even in clinical settings or when it's very rarely prescribed, eventually becomes fairly neurotoxic over a long period of time due to its relative potency and methyl (-CH3) substitution making it have a higher affinity for certain binding sites. Meth is also much more stable chemical that not only takes longer for the body to break down as apposed to amphetamines, it also metabolizes to amphetamines when taken orally as part of the process. 

There are subjective effects that are varying between meth and pharma-lab produced amphetamines - but it's really not too much different in some terms. It's really interesting that one is viewed as acceptable to prescribe to kids if parents are having a hard time making Billy go and do shit that he doesn't want to do. Stuff like sitting still and focusing on things for a long time before he's rewarded by spending all day on the internet and killing people in games. 

There is a profile of safety associated with the non methylated amphetamine when used at a consistent purity, dosage and increment of dosage. Adderall is just a mixture of amphetamine salts. Essentially, it's just an enantiomerically specific version of the same chemical that made up ol' 70's biker dope. Methamphetamine is very closely related chemically. Methamphetamine, even in clinical settings or when it's very rarely prescribed, eventually becomes fairly neurotoxic over a long period of time due to its relative potency and methyl (-CH3) substitution making it have a higher affinity for certain binding sites. Meth is also much more stable chemical that not only takes longer for the body to break down as apposed to amphetamines, it also metabolizes to amphetamines when taken orally as part of the process. 

There are subjective effects that are varying between meth and pharma-lab produced amphetamines - but it's really not too much different in some terms. It's really interesting that one is viewed as acceptable to prescribe to kids if parents are having a hard time making Billy go and do shit that he doesn't want to do. Stuff like sitting still and focusing on things for a long time before he's rewarded by spending all day on the internet and killing people in games. 

Thanks for that. I'm more curious now, though, so I may have to read up some more. I used to read all sorts of info on drugs back in the earlier days of the internet, but I've been out of that as an interest for the last decade or so. Makes me want to do some more learning.

And yeah, the legal/illegal contrast is always interesting and often gets the attention, but the issues you point out of just what are we doing with the legal stuff and why and how much objectiveresearch has really gone into it...that's the most intriguing and I think is getting more attention the last 5 or so years. 

Individualized Ads on TV Could Be One Result of AT&T-Time Warner Merger

“If you believe in a future where the very, very fine targeting of households or individuals with specific messaging makes economic sense to do at scale, what this merger does is enable that by making more audience available to target in that way,” Mr. Norman said. “The question will be: What is the premium for addressability for that level of targeting that the advertiser is willing to pay?”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/business/media/targeted-advertising-time-warner-merger.html

Individualized Ads on TV Could Be One Result of AT&T-Time Warner Merger

“If you believe in a future where the very, very fine targeting of households or individuals with specific messaging makes economic sense to do at scale, what this merger does is enable that by making more audience available to target in that way,” Mr. Norman said. “The question will be: What is the premium for addressability for that level of targeting that the advertiser is willing to pay?”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/business/media/targeted-advertising-time-warner-merger.html

if this goes ahead the internet will lose more of its punk rock cred!!

those yalqaeda motherfuckers got found not guilty.  what the actual fuck. 

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/verdict-near-in-malheur-wildlife-refuge-standoff-trial/

whit people can do whatever they want. get a bunch of rifles and go take over some shit anywhere.. it's all good no problem.. 

fuck it. fuck it 

those yalqaeda motherfuckers got found not guilty. what the actual fuck.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/verdict-near-in-malheur-wildlife-refuge-standoff-trial/

whit people can do whatever they want. get a bunch of rifles and go take over some shit anywhere.. it's all good no problem..

fuck it. fuck it

Hopefully Hillary will bomb the south once and for all.

Or joke attempt #2: the jury found them 'not black'

fuck it. fuck it 

Holy hell the descriptions of that trial sound like a shitshow.

fuck it. fuck it 

Holy hell the descriptions of that trial sound like a shitshow.

Oregon Public Broadcasting had a weekly podcast about it. haven't heard it but supposed to be great. 

i'm guessing the charges they went with were not sellable to the jury and they should've just charged them with every possible thing they could to get some of it to stick. not sure how they didn't get found guilty for possessing a firearm in a federal building though??? 

those yalqaeda motherfuckers got found not guilty. what the actual fuck.

fuck it. fuck it

Hopefully Hillary will bomb the south once and for all.

Or joke attempt #2: the jury found them 'not black'

that's not even in the south

And it's FUCKING OREGON, You'd think there would be some sense there, right?

Oregon is just as Podunk in some places as pretty much any place where American culture breeds into bizarre conspiracy theories and gun fetishism. Ignorance knows no state or international border.

Edited by Audioblysk

And it's FUCKING OREGON, You'd think there would be some sense there, right?

Oregon is just as Podunk in some places as pretty much any place where American culture breeds into bizarre conspiracy theories and gun fetishism. Ignorance knows no state or international border.

It's still super crazy to me that they got away with it, but you're right. If that happened here up in Seattle or somewhere similar they'd be in jail by now. Eastern WA? depends.

fuck it. fuck it 

Meanwhile, in North Dakota:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/25/north-dakota-oil-pipeline-protest-arrests-journalists-filmmakers

Edit: This is an interesting twist to the whole Malheur shitshow.

fuck it. fuck it 

Meanwhile, in North Dakota:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/25/north-dakota-oil-pipeline-protest-arrests-journalists-filmmakers

They just want clean water so they don't get brain damage, come the fuck on.

Somebody please give me a ticket to Denmark or something. Or the moon, the moon would be nice.