IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Nonsense physics paper written by iOS autocomplete accepted for conference - https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/oct/22/nonsense-paper-written-by-ios-autocomplete-accepted-for-conference

Wat?

Edited by doublename

Ayooo Candiru lmao I was replying to delet... lit af fam smash dat quote button

Nonsense physics paper written by iOS autocomplete accepted for conference - https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/oct/22/nonsense-paper-written-by-ios-autocomplete-accepted-for-conference

From the article:

Bartneck [submitter] said that given the quality of the review process and the steep registration fee, he was “reasonably certain that this is a money-making conference with little to no commitment to science.

That was pretty astonishing, shows how scammy these things can be. Nuclear physics and I will be getting a bit of a long time ago the other day. The only thing I can do a proper knee. The left curve just won't be able to set up a time to time but I think it's a big challenge finding that in the world. Atomic bomb the best thing about this is the mindset of a lot more to come up to you.

That was pretty astonishing, shows how scammy these things can be. Nuclear physics and I will be getting a bit of a long time ago the other day. The only thing I can do a proper knee. The left curve just won't be able to set up a time to time but I think it's a big challenge finding that in the world. Atomic bomb the best thing about this is the mindset of a lot more to come up to you.

It's just a shame because it doesn't seem to have the same issues that could happen if it wasn't a fluke or something else. The new version has been updated to the new app version but I don't really think that this is an issue with that would have been a great game. It's a great way of listening to music and playlists on my iPad and iPhone devices and the keyboard is great but it's very difficult for the iPhone to sync to the iPad app and MacBook iPad and MacBook Pro and iPad devices and MacBook Air to have a desktop version and the iPad iPad version is great.

I will try to make sure that you have to go back and forth between us and I am going to have the best regards David. Thanks to the original image for larger than life itself is the best way to get back to you.

^^ at what point is that whole mess considered a monopoly?

Yeah for real. Timing seems interesting given that the media is going to be very occupied for the next 2-4 weeks (depending on how long Trump drags out his loss). I think these mergers often take a fair amount longer to get approval though, don't they? If I remember the last few bigs ones, it took a couple months for the decisions to be made.

It's quite a thing to explain to someone that weed isn't really detrimental to society. Like they view everything through the lens of alcohol which is easily one of the most destructive and dangerous drugs that exists. Not far off from meth and heroin, even though meth is arguable, because huge portions of society are now taking it in a prescription form and being more productive.

I had an hours long conversation with my stepmom last week explaining how I've used cannabis and psychedelics in very productive ways throughout my life, and that I believe they would be very helpful for society if more people took part in them. It's an odd thing to explain the experience to someone that's never used any real drugs before. She also meditates daily, and a lot of people come from the point of view that drugs are "easy" and things need to require work or they will be inherently ineffective. A very puritanically based philosophy. It holds some truth though. I just find the concept that we are "pure" before we adulterate ourselves kind of naive. I think it's more like you can augment your body machine with different tools. The "purity" concept is very new agey pseudo scientific nonsense.

It's quite a thing to explain to someone that weed isn't really detrimental to society. Like they view everything through the lens of alcohol which is easily one of the most destructive and dangerous drugs that exists. Not far off from meth and heroin, even though meth is arguable, because huge portions of society are now taking it in a prescription form and being more productive.

I had an hours long conversation with my stepmom last week explaining how I've used cannabis and psychedelics in very productive ways throughout my life, and that I believe they would be very helpful for society if more people took part in them. It's an odd thing to explain the experience to someone that's never used any real drugs before. She also meditates daily, and a lot of people come from the point of view that drugs are "easy" and things need to require work or they will be inherently ineffective. A very puritanically based philosophy. It holds some truth though. I just find the concept that we are "pure" before we adulterate ourselves kind of naive. I think it's more like you can augment your body machine with different tools. The "purity" concept is very new agey pseudo scientific nonsense.

1) I think the way to think about things like psychedelics is that you're going to a place, a place that you can't get to from here.

2) I've actually warmed up to ideas of moral purity...not for other people, but for myself...I'm still a social libertarian or whatever but I think there is great insights to be found in asceticism...

3) I've never seen someone get involved in meth and come out the other side unscathed.

He is - there's a study he sited a while back in a drug thread where a doctor suggested (with some pretty solid evidence from animal studies) that amphetamine pharmacodynamically induces the same response in behavioral models as it's methylated friend methamphetamine when it comes to the mode of addiction and that when given a choice, addicted humans and animals will choose amphetamine over methamphetamine.

Personally, I consider meth to be a much more enticing drug because it offers more euphoria to non-tolerant users. But, I believe that study showed that the euphoria soon fades with tolerance and they more-or-less become the same drug to the brain in some ways.

Also on the reefer propaganda commercial - that's a goddamn crock of shit. If the commercial was switched to liquor it would just be every day reality. Even the most stern conservative can see the tax revenue WA and CO have generated and give pot a chance. The demo using of it is wearing a little thin as more studies come out in its favor. Cannabis by no means is a perfect drug, but FFS stop with the 'but what about the children?!' Argument to keep arresting people who get stoned and grow cannabis. Your kids will be exposed to things you could never imagine, might as well take the allure and stigma away from a plant that most people only use occasionally if ever.

1) I think the way to think about things like psychedelics is that you're going to a place, a place that you can't get to from here.

2) I've actually warmed up to ideas of moral purity...not for other people, but for myself...I'm still a social libertarian or whatever but I think there is great insights to be found in asceticism...

3) I've never seen someone get involved in meth and come out the other side unscathed.

Oh, I'm very much an ascetic most of the time, which actually makes being indulgent that much more gratifying, but I think the idea that all drugs are pollutants is not accurate.

Statistically you've seen thousands of people that have used meth and been 100% ok. That doesn't even include the people that are using prescription analogs on a daily basis.